Why do people cut themselves?

Why do people cut themselves?
My ex said she does it 'to feel alive' but couldn't explain it any further.

She broke up with me last month for some probably made up reason and I have spotted some new cuts on her arm recently.
She never cut herself in our short six months together...

>pic not related

Nice trips, I guess some people cut themselves because they're shit at rolling.

I think I understand it. When there's no chaos or pain in your life, it becomes mundane and your mind can't deal with it so it creates it's own bullshit (depression) just to offset how good we have it. This is especially in western society. I have Crohn's so I never really felt like that, but being in constant pain and almost dying helps put things into perspective. It makes you appreciate life when it's good. So to artificially inflict pain I think is a way to help appreciate the goodness in life. I could be wrong but that's just how I see it. The instinct to survive and deal with conflict has been greatly diminished. Humans aren't meant to be complacent like that.

My opinion is that it's something that you can always control, no matter what you feel or what's going on in your life you are in control of the pain. Also a sense of achievement after you've pushed past your older limits, gone deeper bled longer or what have you.

well my ex started doing it as a teenager.
she never had a good life, abusive family, raped multiple times, a manipulative junky bf, so I don't know about that theory

she just seems to attract misfortune

note that I am not that manipulating junky

Hate to tell you this OP but its a statistical fact mist self harmers have suffered some form of sexual abuse...most likely when they were young. Im not making this up either we had a briefing at work from a mental health nurse and it was brought up. He'd been in the professional for 30 years he knew his shit.

Sad but true.

Spotted the alt-right snowflake faggot.
Back to Sup Forums with you

It begins with curiosity then the dopamine kicks in combine that with a victim complex and you got yourself a cutter

ive been through cutting and its very tempting to go back as a habit.
cutting is a very popular way to self-punish, people with depression might feel the need to self-punish for plenty of reasons. it can give an odd sense of relief, it really depends on how your brain is wired if it gives pain or pleasure.
note: i hate cutting but sometimes it feels like the best release. its been nine months i think

That is dopamine you fucking jakey scum fuck

I say what's wrong with feeling nothing, like the rest of us?

I've cut myself when I was 12 for the sake of experimenting. To note: I had some heat goin from my dad back then, nothing physical rly only grabbed me by the ear once.

Cutting seemed kinda like a vent for stress and anger.

I stopped cutting for like 1 month and jumped on some guy who mocked me. This lil bitch almost died by my weakest move.

So cutting is like keeping the feelings inside you. Just the counterpart of harming others.

+ I have been with a goth girl who cut herself.
She was far different than me like a girl with serious problems and a cutter. Sum up:
-abusive bf
-didn't want sex with me
-draws some shit in her face when she feels different
-puts some things to cover her arms
-cheated on me with ex like 3 days after we together
-and she got raped once

Well I don't understand that shit some people are just fucked up and cutting is just an obvious red sign.
Whilst I had a purpose for doing it the real cutters are addicted to it, they don't have a purpose.

I won't date a girl who cuts herself it's just callin for trouble and drama and don't try to help them get better they wanna stay in that sinkhole.

I would fuck a hot cutter bitch tho

it's endorphins you fucking retard

Same shit you wanker, quit it with the cutting nobody cares if you make a mona lisa on your body with needles or with a razor blade

wife's friend was on our couch one night on her phone, wife had gone to sleep, i was sitting at table behind couch on computer. saw lots of scars on her inner thighs. immediately got a boner.

dammit, i should've tried to fingerblast her

six months is nothing to get hung up on. move on.

Attention

Who is she?

She hate herself and what a reason for self pity.
Ohhhoiio look at my SCARS DAD.

>they make the best facefuck material hoes.

it's different for everyone i think
for me, it was a way to shut my emotions down when i got overwhelmed. seeing the blood come out made me feel numb is a strangely blissful way

They want attention simple as that. They want people to know just how much harder their life is then everyone else's

Find out with the QR-code, she/he takes payment in bitcoins

The way I would put it and the reason I personally did it is after you've been through a lot of shit you just become numb to mental and emotional pain. I didn't realise how numb I had become until I had accidentally cut myself with a pair of scissors. It allowed me to feel something, albeit pain, but also it assured me that I am still human. Up until that point I didn't know how to love, to be sad, or angry, and I wasn't even depressed. I was just kinda of going through the motions, any little thing being a reminder of the shitty life I was put through. I eventually downgraded to rubberbands rather than razors, simply cause it started raising unwanted questions and attention. The pain was relatively the same though. Long story short though after a few years that, mainly through high school, it's helped me to find a stable mental and emotional ground so I can love my family or girlfriend, or be sad about my dog dying, or even be pissed at that guy who almost crashed into me at the intersection. So in the end it was a sorta therapy to kickstart what I had previous thoight was void, that being feeling.

As someone who cut in the past, I had never once done it for attention. In fact I recall only two or three people seeing my cuts when I myself wasn't paying attention. I'm not saying that their isn't people who do do it for attention, but some actually really have an illness.

I'm pretty sure they do it to turn the emotional pain into physical pain

I never cut
But my ex has depression so she did
She also left me because I hurt her and made her feel used for sex
Made me feel like a monster
Dating someone mentally ill is dangerous boys

yes, I have heard this from a girl who used to do it. she almost felt like she was doing it just to make herself feel worse/more depressed