Vocaloid Thread

Vocaloid Thread
Miku turns 10 this month! Holy crap! And faggots said it was just a fad.
Favorite producers?
Best memories?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ht0FXR6SO7s
youtu.be/lyzQL5EjKhM
toranoana.jp/mailorder/article/04/0030/02/67/040030026717.html
youtu.be/7sKs7INaEoA
youtu.be/Mqps4anhz0Q
youtu.be/K_xTet06SUo
youtu.be/TPYqrVDlc_4
youtube.com/watch?v=uuvwGdsUahA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Listening to this right now

Another 10/10, but it takes a few listens to grow on you completely

2nd album I ever listened to. Not the best necessarily, but the one that made me say, "This is it."

Anyone going to Magical Mirai this year? Sand Planet was amazing!

>miku

Best Itasha is Luka Itasha, of course.

>ironic
If someone is ashamed in their own taste in music, they're a bitch.

Close 2nd, though

I really enjoyed the Original Sin series, but I have even started the Evillous Series and have barely just scratched the surface of the Deadly Sins.

imo the best PV on the album is Ghost Under the Umbrella

It's sadly funny that kpop has a bigger following in the states. I even once knew a black chick who listened to it.

Or maybe there are more of us, except we spend 90% of the day inside on image boards.

The covers are amazing as well. Even jerks who scoff at vocaloids can't deny Wagakki band is truly talented.

B a d a s s

If anyone wants to talk, I'll definitely be here. I'm going to stop posting to myself for now. Please don't 404 on me.

I love this but lord are the drums boring on a lot of it

If you've enjoyed it so far the evillious series is pretty rewarding to make your way through

autism

Are there actually any good vocaloid albums or is it just a meme like k-pop?

Yeah, sadly Utsu-P isn't the greatest when it comes to drums. It funny that you mention that, someone just told me that yesterday. His bass lines far more than make for it though. Also, he sounds more polished all around on his new album. 3 days, can't wait!

I've got a lot going on right now, but I'm going to try to binge it all in VR when I get the time.

There are good ones, but there's admittedly a lot of bad to wade through to get there

What's the best as a jumping off point?

Vocaloid has every modern genre from rock to dubstep to folk (...and jpop) to medieval shit to mixes of all of them, even psudo-modern-classical pieces.
The chances are pretty good that there is something for you.
For rock, I'd recommend starting on Secondhanded: Used and Junks
For techo/modern, I'd recommend Tokio Funka
For a more laid back japan folkish sound you should check out Powapowa P, a producer, not an album.
Will post links

Maybe PinocchioP, a lot of people enjoy his album Obscure Questions, or Hachi's Official Orange. Pinocchio is indie/electronic and Hachi is alternative pop-rock

Secondhanded: used and junks (don't mind the cover, we're here for music, right?) youtu.be/Ht0FXR6SO7s

Tokio Funka youtube and full album links:
youtu.be/lyzQL5EjKhM
toranoana.jp/mailorder/article/04/0030/02/67/040030026717.html

Strobe Light by Powapowa P. His later stuff gets darker though and I think he died?
youtu.be/7sKs7INaEoA

Another great starting point for anyone:
Senbonzakura (vocaloid)
youtu.be/Mqps4anhz0Q
Senbonzakura (human)
youtu.be/K_xTet06SUo

Here

Actually probably mikgazer if you like shoegaze, since the vocals are less in your face
youtu.be/TPYqrVDlc_4

I hadn't heard about that until now, I've enjoyed the recent singles more than i thought I would, so I'm pretty excited

Is Miku Kaidan worth a listen?

You mean the live cover performers?

I love you all

Thanks for the recs lads.

Mikugazer definitely. It seems that many people find the vocals too upfront and obnoxious like most modern pop. I really liked how Solitude Freak somehow made the vocals softer while still including screaming. I guess that's where Luka really shines. No where near as chill as Mikugazer thougb.

is nice to be an anime girl

Glad to have you too

Try others before them. Like said, WagakkiBand is quality and REOL has some good stuff

Mikgazer*
Please be patient...

I can't seem to get into REOL's solo stuff whatsoever. I quite a few of her covers, but her solo stuff just sounds so uninteresting and badly put together to me

Agreed. I wasn't impressed with their idol-jpop stuff but their covers can be so addictive.

I know plenty of people who love REOL's new stuff, but I don't think I've heard a single Utaite whose original music I really enjoy yet, which makes me pretty sad. I'd love to see one stand on their own as an artist

I know it's not exactly utaite and I may be mistaken, but isn't Hachi moving towards solo nonvocaloid content?
Also, I really liked what jimmythumb did with integrating zimi into a trio.

Thanks for the great thread, guys! OP signing off~~

My favourite song in which she's involved is Sound Horizon - Yoyami no Uta (feat. Miku)

take care

All vocaloid is pretty much fucking terrible

I have been genuinely trying to give it a chance, but it's just so fucking bad. If the instrumentation isn't completely sterile and uninteresting, the robotic, synthesized vocals kill anything else the music might have to offer.

there you go youtube.com/watch?v=uuvwGdsUahA