Post your favorite album and tell the guy above you why their album sucks

Post your favorite album and tell the guy above you why their album sucks

boring dadrock

NIGGERS

the vocals are so fucking stupid.

Boring as shit

Radiohead is shit

I've always found talk talk a little overrated desu

Stays in generic rock realm harmonically with no interesting variety in rhythm. Melodic, but very boringly straightforward otherwise.
Never went outside the blues scale. Very limited palette musically and emotionally.
>any Residents album past God In Three Persons
Wtf is going on?
Sparse and repetitive with too little happening to spice the package up where it's not boring as fuck.

Talk Talk is ridiculously overrated. They experiment with pseudo-classical sounds, but the actual songs aren't strong or memorable. 60s baroque pop bands like Love, Pet Sounds-era Beach Boys, and The Zombies did the whole shtick better, as did the later post-rock bands.

genuinely untalented musicians who hide behind being quirky and experimental
bastard child of Joy Division and New Order, not gloomy enough for Curtis, and not poppy enough because of him.
lots of filler
>burps in drop d

>bastard child of Joy Division and New Order, not gloomy enough for Curtis, and not poppy enough because of him.
Not him, but I have to strongly disagree. Unknown Pleasures may have basked in a porto-gothic dark atmosphere, but I actually find it uplifting. Closer is one of the most depressing albums I've ever heard because it doesn't bother with any enjoyable atmosphere - it's just unrelenting crushing depression, delivered without any pretense or metaphors. It's basically "I want to kill myself" set to some catchy, rudimentary electronics.

As for work outside of that album, my favorite JD stuff is their very last stuff, and my favorite NO stuff is their very earliest material - I think the peak of both bands was right at the transition.

Never heard it.

You'll never convince me this isn't perfect.

bump

never heard it

>inb4 "it's too slow"

Talk Talk puts me to sleep

Isn't In Rainbows like 40 mins? How could there be filler?

bump

its not slow enough

but no i would post but you stole my favorite album dick

You won this thread

Bernstein Stravinsky is best Stravinsky

Laughing Stock is my favourite album of all time but radiohead is my favourite band.

dadrock

Gay tryhard cover

Purely a product of the current cultural climate with no substance.

Since nobody replied to yours,
>implying anybody cares about obscure hipster bullshit

Droning shit metal. probs a fan of Culted

boring dadrock

Jesus Christ this thread is fucking terrible. You people don't have even the most fundamental understanding of music to look at it from even the most basic critical viewpoint. What are people this musically illiterate doing on a board dedicated to discussion of music anyway?

I'm all in for experimentation, but nothing here makes any musical sense. It's a matter of, "Let's just play some random notes and see what happens." The result is an album where everything sounds like there are twenty songs playing at the same time. This is not a good thing. As a matter of fact, it's a dreadful thing. When this mellows out a bit, it is mediocre, without anything memorable.