I'm ready for the abuse. I'm ready for the hate but I have to say this. The new season of Rick and Morty isn't good...

I'm ready for the abuse. I'm ready for the hate but I have to say this. The new season of Rick and Morty isn't good. It's not funny. Ep 1 and 2 were great but since it's been I dunno. Not funny. In the four episodes after ep 2 I have laughed 5 times. I didn't laugh once in Vindicators 3. That was a barren wasteland of not funny. It was dare I say predictable. The punchline at the end was visible a mile away. I know everyone is going to tell me to go fuck myself. I understand that but honestly. It's not funny. I can't lie and say "Oh ya thats fucking funny." It's not. The only thing I laughed at in the last ep was the robot that turned into Voltron. Only thing. So give me the abuse.

nobody cares.

Well I made a post so thats one and you felt the need to comment so thats two indirectly.

I agree. I remember binge watching the episodes and most were so boring I don't even remember what happened. Unfortunately this happens with a lot of adult swim shows. They start strong and then they just become bland and unfunny.

Just feels sort of hollow. I mean season one and two were amazing. Funniest shit ive seen but this season. Pickle rick was one idea dragged out. Plus too many celebs and vindicators 3. Well the first two drunk roiland eps were funny as hell. Vindicators three seemed like they wanted to take the piss out of someone they just werent quite sure how. I mean what was its point.

true.

Women ruin everything...

This is honestly so true. The humor has gotten so much worse and the story itself is just plain boring.
I really thought that this was one series I could really enjoy but it has gone to shit.

Just want to point out that seasons 1 and 2 had 6 to 10 male writers. Season 3 has 3 male writers and 4 female. Hmmmmmmm

its been garbage since the beginning

It feels flat. I mean one ep would be fine but four episodes and the show is just. Its like when the simpsons stopped being funny. I mean ya its got the characters but no jokes. Its hard to watch it now. Plus I hate being told how funny it is when it isnt. It stopped being funny. I feel bad cos I love harmon and roiland is a funny fucker but the show just isnt good anymore.

Agreed. Just lacks the punch of male writing. Its like tumblr wrote it.

Thats your opinion and its grand. I found the first two seasons awesome and this season is crap but i get alot never found it funny. Sadly im now becoming one of those people.

>implying it was ever funny and not just targeted at autistic Adventure Time fans

Bunch of adderall-popping, alt-cartoonist, and writers trying to "raise the bar" on fresh, edgy, anime comedy. At first, "Heh. Cool, smart, new, creative." Then, "Eh, didn't they do this already. Click."

I care so there.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I agree with you.
I feel the same way about family guy and American dad after season 10. Now I only watch passively while I'm doing something else.

Well looking at the thread I think its far from unpopular. Seems alot feel that way. Agree about family guy aswell. I actually enjoy american dad after season ten but thats just me.

Agree. They burned through their ideas and are now stuck with no wiggle room.

Like all tv. Shows that survive past 6-7 seasons, plateau. If they generate steady ratings, that's all the network cares about. FG has maybe two seasons left. AD, the same.

It was funny. Just i think that time has passed. I get why alot never liked it and im seeing more and more why people didnt like it. this season is ruining previous seasons.

Rick and Morty is only on its third season with a tiny amount of eps. I would be fine if it was the end of season four but season three. Jesus. Did they really use all their ideas in the first 20 episodes?

Macfarland is actually in some new comedy-space thing this fall. Wtf. That fucking western comedy. Eh. Had maybe 9 funny moments. Dude needs to stay behind the scenes. He has the means to tap into what the new funny is, and go from there.

It's always been bad but people have been getting mad recently because the writers have vaginas. Seems the same to me. I have the occasional chuckle

if youre too retarded to understand the complete difference in writing and structure from the first 2 seasons, just keep watching. you'll enjoy it as much as anything else, braindead nigger

Yea, even my gf has been sayig theyre getting stupid, after the pickle rick episode i was pretty much done too. like no adventure, just rick turnign himself into a pickle. i mean i guess itd pass if it was a show like bobs burgers. I saw somewhere that justing would just get an idea and not drop it no matter how hard harmon tried to persuade him out of it... maybe justin shouldve listened

Said it better than I could. Its like two entirely different shows.

Ah yes the mad because im sexist argument. I dont give a fuck about women writing the show. I care about it not being funny.

I know i sound like a douche hipster. "Well real fans blah" but honestly people who loved the show from the start see it for what it is now. A piss poor version of what it was.