Anyone who has failed a pre-employment drug test specifically via THC...

Anyone who has failed a pre-employment drug test specifically via THC, did you get a call from the lab first or the employer? I know they usually call if you fail to check your prescriptions, but I don't know if they would do that for THC as well since there aren't many/any prescription drugs that would cause a THC positive (that I know of)

Fairly sure I passed (32 days clean, fast metabolism, etc.) but not 100% certain

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xi9rNrQlXo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where I work, they call the employer and give the results. It's probably up to the employer or the lab that decides that. Also, employers can have different level limits too. What may pass for one job may not for another.

Interesting. Sucks that there isn't a standard protocol, but that's how it goes. When you say where you work, do are you implying that you work at a testing facility, or that that's how the company that you work for receives the results (I'm assuming the former)

The company that I work for. In fact we just hired an employee a few weeks ago and I remember HR waiting for the results to be faxed to our office.

I also am a good friend of the person they hired and they were only clean for about 2 weeks and passed. I'd say your good.

If you say you're 32 days clean and that's the truth, then there's no way in fuck that you'll fail. You definitely passed my man.

I've heard they just add you to a list of names so future employers who cross reference the list will know about your drug use (to reject you obviously)

can't remember where I got this info so cant source

The employer said my sample was being sent off, then the lab called me and said I tested positive for marijuana.

I actually doubt it was marijuana but instead white sage tea I drank the night before because I had the shits and I'm a dirty hippie medicine man.

I'm hoping so. The two months before getting clean I'd smoke with a buddy a couple times a week. We'd smoke between one and two blunts (his choice) so maybe a full blunt or so to myself every couple days. Last day I smoked about five hits of some medical oil so that has me a bit worried.

Yeah, I actually kept track in my phone calendar of how much i smoked and on what days. Day of test was 32nd day clean. But as I said above, I had some medical grade oil on my last day, and it was always fire whenever I smoked bud.

It wouldn't surprise me, but that's definitely shitty, especially when people can fully function and do a job still despite the stigma. I graduated with an engineering degree and cum laude honors, so what the fuck

so the lab called you before calling the employer then? I've heard different things so I guess it just depends on the situation/employer/testing company

For anyone who might be just reading this thread let me throw this in here. before I tell you about this stuff I'll say that every time I hear it mentioned someone says it's bogus. And this time will probably be no different. But it's worked twice for me. For two different jobs that have lasted a span of several years between them so there's a few hundred thousand dollars at stake here. And I've spent probably $60 on the stuff. I think it's called protox and you can get it at the head shop. You have to look up the directions online though. It's marketed as a detox supplement. But it's purpose is to help you pass a urinalysis drug test. Well worth the money if you ask me.

When working retail I failed a drug test for marijuana, but the lab called me before giving the results to my employer. Others may be different.

>did drug testing for my former company
They will call you first. Ask if you are taking any prescription drugs and if you can provide a valid script with your name on it. Your now non employer will be notified that you failed but not what for until you have been given a chance to provide said script.
>99.99% of prescription drugs test negative
>i have never seen anyone provide a script

Also I'm a little comforted by the fact that the specific gravity was very near the low end (1.000 exactly), so it was pretty much as close to water as possible without arousing suspicion (not that I was trying to cheat, per se. Had a couple of cups of water like normal when I woke up, and a gatorade about an hour before)

But is the situation different for THC? It makes sense that they'd call for failures related to other drugs since they're more closely related to the other categories (amphetamines, opiates, etc), but there really isn't anything that would trip a THC failure that I can think of, so would they even bother calling about that?

That's standard procedure for all positives for mhc 10 panel tests my friend

Oh okay, thanks for the info. Out of curiosity, are there actually any prescription drugs or otherwise reasonable explanations that would "validate" a THC failure, or not really?

Not that I intend to say I'm on anything if there is, since I obviously don't have a script haha

You passed....I passed a hair follicle test and smoked 3 weeks before it

No, there isn't.
That's not surprising, they didn't cut close enough to the root.

>(32 days clean, fast metabolism, etc.)
I smoked heavily for about 1.5 years (total of 2 years smoking only). I bought a half oz every week. It took 65 days for me to get a clean piss test after forced rehab from work.

I work for a drug testing company, so here's the deal:

In some cases, the MRO (Medical Review Officer) or an assistant will contact you regarding a positive test result, to ascertain if a medication you're on caused it. If it's a DOT test, this is always the case.

If it isn't DOT, the MRO may still call; however some employers receive the result direct from the lab, so they may call you. Or not.

There is a prescription drug that will test positive for THC, and that's dronabinol (Marinol). It's synthetic THC, generally prescribed to cancer patients and AIDS patients.

I've been everything from a collector to an MRO assistant. I also give presentations and write policies. Ask my anything.

Why is THC so unfairly tested compared to other drugs?

I think you meant to respond to but I definitely agree. I thought they were pretty much a 3-month window.

are you a big guy (4u) or average sized? That makes me feel a little better I suppose since I didn't come close to smoking that much

You pretty much answered my question with your third line

>however some employers receive the result direct from the lab, so they may call you. Or not.

i already took the test so it's out of my hands now. Best I can hope for is to ease my mind, which doesn't change anything, but it's at least something

Because it's the most "abused" illegal drug.
Narcotics are becoming prominent, which has prompted the DOT to add Oxycodone and Hydrocodone to their test panels starting in November. Up until now, those weren't included in the DOT's panel.

You can blame Nixon for pot being illegal.

I was about 190 lbs and 6 foot tall. Had some muscle on me but not bulky, and certainly not fat.

One way you can tell for sure is to look at the chain of custody you received when you took the test. There are two names and addresses in the top corner. When looking at the sheet, the address on your left is the employer or third party administrator hired by the employer, on your right is the MRO. If it's missing the MRO, the employer gets it directly.

You have the right to contact the MRO to get your test result if you want. Their number is printed on the form.

But wouldn't there HAVE to be an MRO, since they're the person who evaluates the results?

Hair takes approx. 2 weeks to erupt through the scalp from the follicle. Being that close, there probably wasn't enough metabolite present to reach the cutoff threshold.

lol let me tell u guys a quick loop hole trick ti get a free real drug test just because im high and rambling
>go apply for a temp job through temp agencies
>fill out paperwork, eat free snacks, and kill a day
>go do pre-employment drug test
>see if u clear in 2-3 days
>if pass, just don't pick up their calls

Only for DOT / HHS drug tests. Those tests are strictly regulated, and an MRO is required.

For all others, it's recommended but not required. the laboratory can report direct to the employer, and the employer can choose how to act on that result.

i've smoked like a week or so before a test, then drank a bunch of water on the day (because i can't piss on command) and i passed a simple cup test no problem. only test i'v never passed was a blood test for opiates. and that was my fault.

False
If you smoke an ass ton it takes a while to get clean
Took me at least 2 months (testing every two weeks) when I stopped
>I weigh 165lb
>5'11"

nope they have to contact you first in case it pertains hippa. If you don't respond to their request for your prescription med that may have interfered they just fail you.

This is true. I once tested a guy going through probation. Was up front about everything, said he had stopped completely. He was a huge guy, took 2 months.

i smoked like 4 months before i tried to kill myself, and they said cannibas was in my system. i told them it had nothing to do with it but they still said marijuana was a factor. some labs and doctors are dumb as fuck.

This is basically what I experienced

Manager here. If one of our would-be new hires fails, the lab calls them before sending us the results. I'm never party to those calls of course but from what I've been told they give them the opportunity to dispute the test, even offering a chance to pay out of pocket for a retake. I'm in Washington, if that makes a difference.

are you denying the fact that marijuana useage did not factor into the events that lead you to kill yourself? I certainly do think it is a factor.

No they don't. You can't even spell HIPAA, so I'm sure you don't know anything about it.

HIPAA primarily applies when insurance is involved. Most drug tests are for employment purposes, so aren't covered.

I work for a recruiting company they only call us and give us the results. This in aus

>I certainly do think it is a factor.
How/why?

Dude, weed is fucking horrible for people with mood disorders like depression and anxiety.

Dude I dont care about spelling that shit right and im high af but no I am right They must come to you first in case you had prescriptions that interfered with the test. It is your health privacy and your employer has no business in it.

Interesting. If an MRO doesn't check/verify the results, and the test comes up positive, is there any credibility to disputing the results? Or maybe I just answered my own question with the thought that they could just retest the same sample then have him look at the (identical, failing) results

from the start of july to the beginning of august, i smoked about 11 blunts (not huge ones. my friend prefers blunts and usually rolls them relatively skinny, a couple joints (average size), and 5 hits of medical oil. Then clean for 32 days while running and/or working out every other day or so, then took the test. 162lb, 5'9

i've smoked since i was 10, im now 28, weed is probably one of the few reasons i havent killed myself. the medication the doctors gave me was way more of a factor to me.

The MRO will not offer a retake, as that defeats the purpose of the test. They will offer the B-bottle test, if there was a B-bottle collected. The B-bottle is the second vial which is collected at the same time as the A-bottle in a split-specimen collection, and is kept in frozen storage until the donor (person tested) requests it to be sent to another laboratory.

because you used it 4 months before you tried to kill yourself. It was a gateway drug.

Like I said, it's recommended for the MRO to review it, but if it isn't DOT or HHS the employer can get the result straight from the lab. I've been at this 20 years, been to conferences and classes, I know the drill.

you've obviously never smoked it or had a problem, i get mild sad feelings after smoking for a long period of time but that's nothing compared to the medication induced sadness and shit i get from medications.

Gateway to heaven?

that's called an addiction and addictions are factors.

I hired into a new factory, employee no. 1, scored 100% on aptitude test, loved my resume, had to do physical, drug test, etc.. Then they had us report like 9 am on a Monday, we lined up by employee number. I remember looking down the line, and saying, damn, that mofo looks like he just shot up, that degenerate looks like he ain't gonna pass. Boss comes up, ok, one of you failed. The rest go over here and get fit for your uniforms. No. 2 through 30 go into that door. WHAT????? Boss comes up with HR, user, your test came back positive for meth. WHAT????? I am going balistic at this point, NO FUCKING WAY. JESUS CRIST. So, I tell them, look I'll retake the test etc. They say, no problem, go to the lab at this place. I go in and the doctor shows me the chart, see this right here? This looks like meth to us. Do you take anything? Just Tylenol PM. The doctor says, you should have put that on the form so we didn't fail you. I asked them, where on the form. The doctor says, right here... Oh you did put it down, I'm sorry.

Shit, so now the rest of the plant thinks I'm a druggie. Fuuuucckkkk. Go back, the boss greets me, no worries the lab called us, so the fitting guy is still here. So go to get fit, they look at the order form. Hmmm...why are you only getting a shirt? I don't know, maybe they are thinking I'm not going to last long. The only one at the fucking plant that only has a shirt, everyone else has a full uniform. Fuuuckckkck. I ended up working there only about a year or so and found something better.

That really does make more sense, honestly.

As a manager, by the way, I don't care if you smoke weed on your own time, as long as you're smart enough not to talk about it. All I need is the piece of paper that SAYS you don't do it. It's an insurance thing.

>i've smoked since i was 10
What's it like to be stunted emotionally and physically? Young people should avoid all drugs

If this is the case, then I don't understand why they have an MRO at all. Not needing one for certain situations implies that the lab techs are just as capable as the MRO. Also, mine was single bottle/specimen.

i wasnt that dude, but still, prescribed medication to me was way more detrimental than anything i've seen before. anti depressants suck.

>Interesting. If an MRO doesn't check/verify the results, and the test comes up positive, is there any credibility to disputing the results? Or maybe I just answered my own question with the thought that they could just retest the same sample then have him look at the (identical, failing) results

The lab reports to the MRO. The MRO calls you if it's positive. If you refute the result, and there is a B-bottle sample (collected at the same time as the initial), then you can have the B-bottle sent to a SAMHSA-certified laboratory of your choosing, at your expense, where the sample is tested at the lowest limit of detection for whatever substance was initially detected. That result is the final result.

If there is no B-bottle, there isn't much else to do. You can ask / beg / plead with the employer to allow you to take another test, but that's up to them.

I smoked it for many years, and I've also had lifelong issues with depression. I never tried to an hero but the weed did a lot more harm than good. It's physically harmless but it can easily exacerbate existing psychological problems.

Lol yet you choose a depressant(weed) over something that counters your INDUCED IMBALANCED IGNORANCE and hormones

i said i've smoked since i was 10, not until i was 18 then in my late 20's. i dont have an addictive personality, i've done weed and opiates, nothing i couldn't get rid of casually.

Actually proton pump inhibitors (nexium, etc.)can potentially create a false positive. I read all the fine print on my meds. Protonix mentioned this side effect but nexium doesn't. I assume they have better lawyers.

when doing a pee test its good to drink lot of coffee.
its make you pee more.

I don't do drugs, just drink a lot.
I'll sell you some of my clean urine.

The laboratory simply reports their findings. The MRO is an MD or DO certified to interpret those findings. I have an entire manual dedicated to interpreting results.

It's recommended that their be an MRO, but unless it's DOT/HHS, the employer is left to interpret the result.

The problem with this is if that person is involved in an incident or accident and they get the mandatory, "test" to make sure that it didn't contribute to the accident.

But it has remained a part of your life which does make it an addiction because you still crave it.

Pro tip.
Poppy seed muffins are good to eat.

i'm all good, weed isn't a depressant to everyone, it is to me. i'm not a moron you dumb faggots.

This is only true for immunoassay tests, which are the "cup" or "dip" tests. At a lab, they use a GC/MS (gas chromatography / mass spectrometry) test, which can detect the exact substance and amount present.

What are you talking about? You are dumb moron faggot.

Yeah of course, but if they can pass it by whatever means, it's good enough for me. If they can't, they're probably fired, but we still have documentation that we tested them before hiring and that they were negative.

nope, i smoked when i was 10, then 12 then i was 16-17 and nothing until my late twenties. i dont have an addictive personality. some people are fucked i admit that.

awe poor baby. wanna suck on my penis?

Seinfeld episode where Elaine takes a urine test in order to go on a work trip to Kenya with her boss, J. Peterman. She then tests positive for opium. Peterman, who once had a bad experience with opium himself, will not let Elaine go and tries to help her. Elaine realizes that the opium is coming from the poppy seeds in her favorite muffins. She then asks Helen for her urine sample and passes it off as her own. It tests negative for opium, but it also has signs of menopause and osteoporosis, once again keeping Elaine from going to Kenya, kek

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xi9rNrQlXo
:(

Also by the way, I would never actually tell any of these people any of this. I'm not getting myself in trouble. I'm just saying I don't care.

This is standard practice for most employers.

Well guys, I (OP) appreciate all the input and banter, but I've been up since 6 and I'm extra tired as fuck from being anxious and nervous all day. I know nobody actually cares about what happens, but I'll post tomorrow around 6 with the same picture if there's any update. I'll leave the thread open on my computer in case some more good discussion evolves. Night lads, and thanks again

just drink a ton of water my dude. no problems.

Good luck little nigga.

Yeah, I was a second line manager at a DOT factory, and you'd be surprised at the people that failed the "random tests". I didn't care what people did as long as nobody got hurt, you are all adults and have to make your own decisions, its your livelihood at stake.