I just turned 21 and I need beer and liquor recommendations. Looking to try some cheaper stuff mostly

I just turned 21 and I need beer and liquor recommendations. Looking to try some cheaper stuff mostly.

dubs may or may not decide

Other urls found in this thread:

binnys.com/spirits/Polmos_Spirytus_Rektyfikowany_192_Proof_114591.html
youtu.be/-3L4gr119Z4
youtube.com/watch?v=fWdOUaQq_Y4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get a handle of Jim Beam.

Go buy some of this and make a bunch of gin and tonics.

Polmos is polish white spirits. it's something ridiculous like 8-% alcohol, and it's good for starting forest fires, but it kind of burns going down and makes it a little hard to breathe.

best booze i found for smooth getting drunk of was apple schnapps. no weird fucked-up taste like chartreuse, it goes down easy and gets you bent quickly. would abuse again.

Fuck. Excuse me, I suck cocks.

polmos, meant "80 percent". shit is literal firewater.

Is this what you're talking about?

binnys.com/spirits/Polmos_Spirytus_Rektyfikowany_192_Proof_114591.html

I'm a beer guy, went through a phase a long time ago where I would buy something different every time. Tried a lot of different stuff over the years, lots of fun.

Evan Williams is decent cheap bourbon.

Since you are new to drinking and a fag, you'll probably really like Fireball though.

buy a pint of johnny walker green label a pint of cognac, I like courvossier because it's cheap and not that bad, also the official drink of the lady's man.
Buy a pint of some kind of vodka, buy a 6 pack of bud or something and maybe a 6 pack of some kind of beer that looks interesting. Protip the stuff thats like double milk jism stout triple defatted or whatever the fuck is probably going to taste like shit and you'd be better off with some grolsh or sapporo or something.

Okay, man. I got too high on the shelf too quickly for both Scotch, and lately bourbon. I can't even buy scotch unless it's 50-100 bucks a bottle I'm so fucked.

Bourbon is still do-able, you gotta look for relatively high proof, low price, but still not bottom shelf. Aim for something that is the un-aged version of something better. Can still get Old Forester 100 and similar for less. Old Grand-dad, and Overholt for Rye. All good shit that works both neat and in mixed drinks.

Rum is the open land of still cheap but good. There's a lot of top shelf shit that's still less than 25-30 bucks a bottle and tastes great straight. Tiki/mixed drinks, holy shit good. Look for something with an age label (not a # of rums label, fuck Zaya for being a bullshit blend of un-aged rums now)

Appleton is great, even their J. Wray for mixing, but estate is better. Diplomatico is good, El Dorado 8+ year bottles are great. And Holy SHIT get some Plantation rum, especially OFTD. Drink straight (slowly) or mix into something awesome..

Just remember, drunk is boring and dumb and annoying. Drink what you like to taste and maybe even throw in a cigar or briar pipe. Lately I've even done ridic vape flavors (don't even need nicotine) and they can really match well with a good bourbon or rum.

Try a weird-sweet vape with a peaty-smokey scotch for some really good flavor dichotomy.

HAVE FUN!!!

mixed drinks and cocktails are the best

Southern Comforts a stable classic
Sweet as fuck so it hides the liquor misery a little, 30% so its not to much of a bitch drink, a bottle will still rip you if your new to drinkikng.

>binnys.com/spirits/Polmos_Spirytus_Rektyfikowany_192_Proof_114591.html

that's the shit, except their review says "and is of a very gentle smell and taste. "

you can't smell it, but it goes down like trying to swallow steel wool. if you don't swallow it immediately it begins to evaporate in your mouth and it's like being gassed.

Learn to like good whiskey. It's the classiest.

But for just getting drunk on the cheap, your best bet is to buy Everclear which is pretty much pure alcohol (ask for it from behind the counter), and then add relatively small amounts (maybe 10-15% of total volume) to your favorite non-alcoholic beverage. soda, snapples, smoothies all work great.

>dubs may or may not decide
Either declare that the dubs have power in the thread, or don't. There's no point to even saying this stupid shit that you said here.

Get some Buffalo Trace bourbon. Not cheap cheap, but reasonably priced for high quality.

Also this isn't even remotely cheap, but it's a good suggestion anyway.

If Everclear isn't legal in your state, cheap vodka is does the job almost as well.

You don't ever need to drink any hard alcohol straight to get trashed. People get trashed on beer and it's usually lik 3-6%. Mix your drinks and you get to enjoy the experience longer before you hit your limit.

do wine has his place too ?

Kentucky Gentleman $10 even for a liter here

Never trust Satan

just get some coke and Bacardi 151

I like red wine, yes.

You're gonna need to find what works for you. I'd get a bottle of bourbon, evan williams is fine, mix it with coke and ice. Vodka is all essentially the same, and getting some middle shelf stuff and mixing it with any kind of juice pretty much works fine. I personally like vodka cranberry, and vodka lemonade, myself. Rum is okay, but avoid the white stuff and get spiced rum and mix it with coke. It's alright, but the high sugar content will give you headaches in the morning. I can't really say much about tequila, it's my least favorite. If you feel really interested, get 100% agave, and make margaritas or something, real ones don't need a blender. Beer is really a matter of taste. You either like it or you don't, but with a low tolerance, it's kind of a good starting point. I personally like Pabst, and avoid Budweiser products entirely. Rolling rock is generally considered good, flavor-wise, and I can give you more expensive beer recommendations, if you're interested in that, but that's generally more expensive, and not quite entry level. Avoid wine entirely. It's a whole thing, and probably not worth your time. Scotch is always bad. Brandy is always bad. Cognac is always bad. Liqueurs are always bad, outside some very specific cocktails. Stick to simple drinks until you start to figure things out.

-An alcoholic

McCormick is hood af dont get Heaven Hill. Same price but huge differance.
Chug McCormicks and chase w/ Kool Aid.

DEFINITELY casting my vote for Evan Williams. $11-12 for a fifth $16-18 for a handle. I drink it neat and it's fine. I've had plenty of bourbons that cost twice as much and aren't as good. If quality is a function of taste over cost, Evan Williams is very hard to beat.

Mid-range vodka, I'd suggest Smirnoff. I drink it from the moment I wake, every day. Much less likely to make you feel hungover. Google congeners.

Wild Turkey 101 mixed with Dr Pepper = Turkey Pepper.

Any cheap beer on ice. Cocaine is bad for you but keeps you drinking for like 12 hours.

simple tomato wine,
actualy it do not waste wine when its finish,

1 can of tomato paste
4 kg of sugar
13 Liter of water
the juice of 1 lemon

1 pack of yeast
best EC-1118

put the sugar with 3 liter of water
in something addequate for boiling
once the sugar is dissolve
pour it in a 5 gallon bucket that have been cleaned,
top it with 10 liter of water
close the lid and leave it for the night to get at ambiant temperature,
once its at room temp, open it, add yeast
add a towel over the bucket make sure it do not touch the liquid, and put the lid over the towel but do not clamp it,
leave it so co2 can come out.

every 3 day you open it and mix it with a stick or something.

after 35 day or less
the result is about 15 Liter of good wine
at 10% alcohol,
cost about 6 $ to make

all the tomato sediment will go on the bottom
to can decant it in another container to store it

Hard cider is only slightly more expensive gallon for gallon and is not fucking disgusting to bottle and drink. Typically get around 20-27%

>tomato wine
no thanks

if you want a smooth light rum for mixers, cruzen ain't bad.

Also, dark rum and rootbeer

Nigga this looks like something that would be brewed in a prison toilet.

If you're getting into beers just go to a local place that offers a variety pack or build your own six pack option. Just try as much as you can and see what you like.

When it comes to liquor try as many different whiskeys as you can, vodka goes with pretty much every kind of mixer you can think of, and tequila shots are never a good idea

This or a 30 of keystone ice

Lies. Vodka mixes with most things. Tequila, dont go cheap and have lime and/or salt for chaser. Rum dark or light is purely preferance gin I dont like but some do. Scotch is for alcoholics trying ro pace themselves.on the rocks. Beer is all flavor. I love flat tire and corona but some love the fruity shit.

>tequila shots are always a good idea

its not actualy that bad,
its more some kind of bloody caesar
the yeast use some of the thiol that is that make tomato have a taste. so after fermentation it do not taste the same thing.

fermentation do lot of cool trick
also you can distill it and make some hard stuff with it.it will make about 3.7 Liter of hard liquor

What third world prison camp are you posting from?

Glenlivet is a pretty cheap scotch and it's pretty good. It's usually my go to drink. If you want to get a little pricier, lagavulin has a great taste to it.

>muh scotch
*tips fedora*

All beer is an acquired taste. Start light then ease into something with flavor. Also guiness is good because of the low alcohol content and youll feel full after 2-3.

For liquor keep it simple. Buy some 50ml bottles. There about 1.50 in most places. Bourbons to try Jim Beam, Jack Daniels are acceptable. If you want to mix it with soda buy some bitters. Just 2-3 drops with a shot and splash of cola. Its kills the super sugar taste.

Vodka. Tito's warm and straight is good. Just take a sip roll it all over your tongue and it will go down easy. Smirnoff is good for mixing.

Rums are all decent. Sailor Jerry is a bit stronger but a shot in an iced coffee or hot cup of coffee will taste awesome.

Just keep your choices simple. Also impose a 2 drink an hour limit. Some will sneak up on you then you get sick and lose the taste for drinking.

Also eat before, and drink water.

Cheap scotch that is decent : Famous Grouse
Cheap rum that is decent: Bacardi Oak Heart (this is very unpopular but it is a very sweet rum if you wanted to drink straight but i also do it with Coke not pepsi not vanilla coke just plain old og coke)
Cheap tequila that is decent: Corralejo Reposado

Crown Vanilla
youtu.be/-3L4gr119Z4

I buy apple juice for 65p/litre. I buy cider yeast for £2, yeast nutrient which costs £5 but will do like 30 batches, then I mix them all together in a 33L fermentation bucket with airlock, which cost me £15 on eBay, then just leave it to do its thing. Within 4 days it'll already be about 5% ABV, leave it a couple of weeks and it'll hit 8-11%. Taste is much nicer than store-bought cider and all in, cots around 80p/litre to produce.

Also randomly posting this, because shoenice is awesome.
youtube.com/watch?v=fWdOUaQq_Y4

Glenlivet is dank

Honestly, can't stand the taste of alcohol, but Peppermint Schnapps is pretty solid. Can't taste it at all.

how developed is your pallet? are you just now having alcohol? This is a serious question.

I've been a bartender for over 20 years, and can help you, bu i need to know you level of experience.

youre 21 enjoy your under developed liver and lack of hangovers - drink whatever.

also jimmy, jamie, and johnnie.

Guinness sucks german shit caked ass. Add titos is one of the worst ive ever had.
2 drinks an hour? Yeah justlt slowly drink shit you dont like so you stay sober, just fit in at you expense. Fucking fag post.

Hey, could you help me out? Not OP, but I need things (preferably not mixed, as that has been varied quantity in my experience) that have other tastes that override the alcohol? Peppermint Schnapps and fucking Mike's Hard Lemonade are all I've been able to have because I really just can't stand anything where you can taste the alcohol. As a frame of reference, even Coke burns on the way down since my tonsillectomy. I've had Vodka, but had to wash that shit down, and it was an absolute last resort for a shitty fucking situation.

Colt 45 HIGH GRAVITY or regular Colt 45 if you can't find it. Malt Liquor is awesome, but I'd stay away from Olde Engliush 800. Tastes like garbage.

Regular beer tastes like shit unless you like bitter stuff, high alcohol beers (malt liquors) taste way better to me. If you want something cheap and less flavorful try any light beer like Bud Light, Corona Light, or Coors Light. LaBatt Blue is also pretty tolerable...it's basically a light beer.

As for liquor, forget about taste. They all taste like rubbing alcohol at their core. Some may have some additional flavors, but they all have the same horrid aftertaste. The best cheap mixed drink I can think of to mask the flavor would be a screwdriver. Buy the cheapest vodka you an find, buy the cheapest orange juice / orange drink you can find, and mix however much you want in. The orange flavor masks the alcohol very well.

Good luck, and enjoy the ride friendo.

Btw measure out the vodka to orange juice ratio by shots. How many shots does it take to get you nice and shit faced? Add that many to a glass, and fill the rest up with orange juice. Citrus is a godsend for masking alcohol.

Have you drank shit in the past? Most alcohol is pretty hard to drink until you've developed a pallet for it. Honestly just get the cheapest shit you can find in terms of beer, whiskey, and (in my opinion) tequila. Acquire the taste on the fucking worst garbage shit you can find. Eventually you'll be able to drink it fine and have a much deeper appreciation for more expensive and complex spirits.

>I just turned 21

Stick with US beer for the time being. Don't go off the deep end.

Korski brand vodka. Bottom shelf so cheap as fuck, but actually really good. Much better than gas station vodka and 80 proof so it will really fuck you up. I prefer to drink out the bottle and chase with OJ (I'm a pro), but you may opt for a mixed drink. Most people tend to like screwdrivers (vodka and OJ mixed).

True, if you drink beer from overseas you'll probably never drink again due to the shit taste.

Jim
Beam
O

Crown royal apple whiskey is the shit. No chaser

For straight drinking (non-mixed) I'd recommend Woodford Reserve Double Oaked for the price.

Stay with the classics as far as liquor is concerned. If you are just getting into it, you might find cocktails made with Bacardi and juice the easiest. Bacardi has a lot of versatility, good flavor, and runs cheap for a brand name. Vodka mixes with just about anything, and there's more variety in the middle shelf there than there is for any other type of liquor, but your best choice is to buy an unflavored vodka, and get a mixer you want.

Moving onto beer... this is more difficult these days. I live in Maine, and there's tens of thousands of types of beers coming and going. IPAs are big here, go with Harpoon IPA, it's got the best balance, isn't too piney and doesn't taste like grapefruit juice, as many popular IPAs tend towards.

If you like vodka and want something, Belvedere diamond rye is about $35 to $45 depending on your local pricing. Straight, it has almost no burn, and a pleasant taste, mixed with juice, its almost impossible to taste. If the problem is that you just don't enjoy the taste of alcohol or the burn is too much, and beer isn't your thing, wines might actually be where you want to go. No joke, you're going to get the best range of flavors and variety with wine, and wine cocktails exist that don't even taste a single bit like alcohol. Try Yellowtail's Moscato for white, Twisted's Zinfandel for red, and stay away from blush. Any wine you don't like, keep it, then mix it all together in a jug, drop in some cut up fruit, and let it soak for a day or two, and you'll have sangria, one of the most deceivingly tasty drinks that exist.

>Flat tire

It's Fat tire bud

>tfw when u work at a liquor store and can just dont mind if i do all the bottle add-ons

brought these all home just today

OP here

I've done a little experimenting.

I like Irish and bourbon whiskey, spiced rum, unflavored vodka, mint schnapps, jagermeister, malt liquor, red wine

I don't like most flavored liquor especially apple stuff, gin, tequila, clear rum, scotch whiskey, white wine.

I used to hate the taste of alcohol and required a mixer or chaser but now I can drink it straight and enjoy it.

Fpbp

>If the problem is that you just don't enjoy the taste of alcohol or the burn is too much, and beer isn't your thing, wines might actually be where you want to go.
That is indeed the problem. I'll take your advice on the Vodka, and I've considered wine before.
Copied that all. Appreciate it, man.

>cheap stuff
Listen here fuck boy
get some Bombay Sapphire,a bottle of Cranberry Apple juice, and a handful Ice

Don't like that
Make 10 cups of coffee, add two oz Ryan's Irish Cream, and two oz Smirnoff Whipped

You're Welcome, moving on

Buy a Heineken mini keg and a case of Killians irish stout or any stout. Its like liquid bread in a bottle fucking delicious

You'll like Guiness better if you're a coffee drinker, tbe roasted flavor is similar.

>Bombay Sapphire
no thanks

hope that helps. you'll find something palatable that you enjoy eventually, just remember to keep looking. Don't let anyone discourage you either, if you enjoy a good buzz, whatever you drink to get there is up to you, not the person chugging down a bottle of jack and calling you a pussy.