Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme()com/memes/get
knowyourmeme
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>double quads
I think you mean octuples.

Wasn't a GET.
Was a random post in a content void shitpost thread.

A GET is a first post. The post number was wasted.

what the fuck are you even saying stupid

A GET is when you post a new thread and there are significant digits.

This wasn't a GET. It was a miss.

that's not even the definition, though? Lol.

Stop trying to act like you're a gatekeeper. A get is anyone trying to go for a specific post number and getting it. Doesn't matter in what context.

No, that literally is the definition.
Context matters.

A "GET" occurs when a post's number ends in a special number, such as 12345678, 22222222, or every millionth post. A sign of Sup Forums's scaling, according to Poole, was when GETs lost meaning due to the high post rate resulting in a GET occurring every few weeks.

You're fucking stupid.

knowyourmeme()com/memes/get

cmon bruv, takes 2 seconds and 3 brain cells

Incorrect.
A GET occurs when a poster intentionally posts to achieve a specific post number which contains specific digits.

>Origin
>The term “GET” (always spelled in caps) originated from the Japanese textboard community 2channel to denote the first and last possible reply comments within a given thread, as in 2GET and 1000GET, in similar vein to the practice of “FIRST” comments.

>the first and last possible reply comments within a given thread

>Usage
>When the post ID number nears a special integer sequence, which occurs more often and unpredictably in sub-boards with fast post cycle, a member may attempt to score the milestone post by exclaiming “GET” in a new thread,

>by exclaiming “GET” in a new thread,

nigguh if you literally scroll down and continue to read, there's examples of gets from the past IN THREADS AS REPLIES.

Lol dude fuck off you're retarded

autism

nigga thinks a get is ONLY a get if it's the first post in a thread or the "last"???? What the fuck does that even mean.

so this isn't a get?

and this isn't a get either?

This post specifically calls out the post number. It would qualify.

It calls itself a get.

shieettt nigga i got a pair of dubs

Sorry user post got deleted but nice double dubs

It was a shitpost in a bloated thread that hit page 10 shortly after it was posted. It is long gone.

Again, doesn't count because the poster didn't call out their post as such

I was one off of getting double quads

you're a fucking moron. He is posting in a get thread to specifically get the get of 744444444 and he fucking posts a "worlds end" post.

You don't have to fucking claim a get to get the get. Stop arguing every point. Read the fucking link i posted. It literally has pics of gets where people don't say the word "get".

The first fucking examples don't say "get"

Fuck off dude, you're wrong. Accept it.

Nup. Will only believe it when confirms it.

But, you weren't...

Every post has a number... someone is gonna get every single fucking number eventually. That doesn't take any energy.

BUT, to specifically post with the intent of getting a specific post number is special.

Does anybody have a screencao of the 733333333 post?

Wooo. That is my birthday!

I mean... if you're ok with faggotry on Sup Forums I'll leave you to your homo shit.

knowyourmeme c()m/memes/get
>argues out of his ass
>continues to ignore the fucking link
>looks at a part of link and changes stance every post
>is wrong
>is a fucking 19 year old pimple shithead

mfw

this thread gave me cancer.. :(

and it gave you dubs so be happy

NOT A GET OMG NOT A GET HE DIDNT CALL FOR IT AND IT WASNT THE FIRST OR LAST IN THE THREAD IVE BEEN 4CHINS LONGER THAN ALL OF U I KNO ALL MY MEEEMEES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE