What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IlZlst4NBVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Barely anyone talks or mentions Beck anymore.

Was Moby ever legitimately popular? Who the fuck cares about Moby outside of the 90s?

only one of those who isn't overrated is Prince

Which is why he specified overrated of the 90's

Maybe not overrated in communities like this where black music is frowned upon, but overall, definitely overrated

I disagree, most black people like Prince but most didn't overrate him until his death.

Over-rated is the "no u" of criticism.

so?

If it's made by the industry, it's ALWAYS overrated.

Pretty stupid. Every very popular musician is going to be overrated, because there will always be very competent artist that are obscure.

If I can rephrase this better:
There are a huge amount of great artists, but there will always be a few at the very top. So you can always point at the top musicians and say they are overrated, but it's not saying a great deal.

All artists are overrated.

It is our hysteria over certain products of music that makes them good. Our confirmation of them being good.
It's purely subjective, but collectively we synchronize the attitude to an artist.

The site was made in the 90s

elvis is underrated, if anything

was Elvis the first artist ruined by their fandom?

That he has shit taste in 90's music

>Guided by Voices
literally who?

nope, he was ruined by Colonel Tom Parker who made him do a bunch of cheap movies and filler vegas albums for grannies. elvis wanted to be a more serious artist in the 60's

>Literally who

I am so sorry for you

youtube.com/watch?v=IlZlst4NBVw

>new Sup Forums

fuck off with your soundcloud rappers and snapchat stories.

All of those are good except U2

???

It's hacky and degrades anyone who does it.

That was a good listen, thanks Matt

Even U2 were good at one point

I still really like him :(

No one mentioned that Bowie is overrated? Maybe I only listened to his shit albums