Normie music containment thread

Normie music containment thread.

Discussion related to
Ugly God
Migos
Katie Perry
Kanye/eminem vs Kendrick (who aren't even close to the best rappers ever)
Nicki Minaj

belongs here.

Please do not discuss normie music outside of this containment thread.

If you see someone partaking in normie discussion redirect them here.

Is Frank Ocean normie?

You forgot all pop-rock, yes that includes your favorite Sup Forumscore band.

Nirvana?

They are def normie music.

this is the best normie music has to offer

lol.

We don't need another general, faggot.

remember when someone tried to start a hip hop general and it immediately died?

Probably because of all those normies talking about nicki minaj and kendrick vs eminem type normie shit so you could never have a real discussion about the genre.

Ask hiroshima

Op probably thinks mc ride is the best rapper LOL

Anybody heard the new Antihoney mixtape?

No.

its insane how not funny these threads are

They aren't meant to be funny.

FUCKING NORMIES REEEEE - The thread

They also accomplish nothing. Good shitpost

What rapper do you claim to be that much better than eminem?

rakim, kool g rap, andre3000 just to name a few of the mainstream ones.

Andre 3k is good

What makes rakim better than eminem. His rhyme density? They both have made raps where nearly every word rhymed. There are rappers with a harder delivery than rakim aka freddie gibbs, RZA, black thought. You can appreciate rakim for starting a movement but i cant get into him like that

First 4 Coldplay albums are fantastic

A Thousand Suns by Linkin Park is great

Pretty. Odd by Panic At The Disco is 10/10

Stop trying to force this unfunny newfag level meme.

Friendly reminder to direct Radiohead posters here!

It's not a meme.

It's damage control because normies are destorying this board by making it 80 percent pop music.

Having a top40 thread made every five minutes means things like Jazz don't even get a chance to be discussed before the music normies knock it down to the bottom with their several threads about the latest top 40.

What's the point in tolerating this? Normies can discuss their love for top40 literally anywhere.

It's hard to find a place to talk about jazz.
We have one here but the normies are destroying it when they shouldn't have to because normies already dominate the whole world.

Why must they dominate Sup Forums too?

Do it yourself.

discuss your super cool anti-normie intellectual music there user

Sup Forums isn't an echo chamber for non normie music.

I started a modal jazz thread the other day that died with 0 replies. Where were you kiddo?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/r9k

I dunno where I was at the time but you can blame the billions of normie threads being made every couple of minutes for killing it before anyone got a change to reply.

It's time to take Sup Forums back from the normies.

Sup Forums is a relatively slow board, if people were interested they would have posted

It was on there for quite a while. I also posted a minimalism thread today that died with 4 replies one of which was me.
The problem isn't how many normie threads there are, because both of those threads were up a while, but how there really aren't many people here willing to talk about that kind of shit

This. Sup Forums is dying and nobody seems to care.

Sup Forums threads get pruned in about an hour if they don't get replies. That's pretty fast.

This too. And we are taking about fucking minimalism, which is still relatively popular, just like jazz.

Even though we are agreeing here, I fucking despise you AMG

>tfw feel like I have a higher level of critical thought that 70% of this board
shit's depressing dude

Why? What's wrong?

They are driven off by all the normies.

Threads on /gd/ last for months.

You claim to be so much better than the average Sup Forumstant but actually listen to entry level out there shit. Also you come off very obnoxious

Anyway if anyone else is reading this help us tale Sup Forums back from the normies.

If you see a kanye vs kendrick thread for example just say "fuck off normie" to them.

If enough people start doing it we can make them go away.

It's the intention what matters, user. No, but seriously, I do listen to entry level stuff, I have never denied that, but I actually listen to less popular stuff as well and listen to unpopular genres too such as trad folk, for example.
Yeah, I know I appear obnoxious. At the same time, I'm actually better than the average Sup Forumstant (for the purposes of this board), but that's not really an impressive thing.

And sage. Don't forget sage.

Threads on /3/ last for years.

help me do this.

We need to get enough people doing it to take it Sup Forums back from the normies.

Do you have a Discord? If not go make one and I will add you to plan some things.

>It's the intention what matters, user. No, but seriously, I do listen to entry level stuff, I have never denied that, but I actually listen to less popular stuff as well and listen to unpopular genres too such as trad folk, for example.
>Yeah, I know I appear obnoxious. At the same time, I'm actually better than the average Sup Forumstant (for the purposes of this board), but that's not really an impressive thing
Alright but before you start claiming to be one of the only serious people on this board you've got to dig a little deeper man

I mean, that's my point exactly. The bar is already set pretty low already.

I don't.

Then go make one. Or any other form of contact if you prefer.

give me an email adress

As long as it's music related I'll post about what I want where ever I want, faggot.

Why are you on a meme board then? There's a lot of jazz enthusiast message boards out there.

Sure, I just made this one
[email protected]