Tech-savvy Sup Forums how can I fix this horrible upload speed??? The download is fine but the upload is terrible...

Tech-savvy Sup Forums how can I fix this horrible upload speed??? The download is fine but the upload is terrible, I want to be able to stream. This is at it's best too, its average is around 0.8.

1st step. Wifi or wired?

Aus fag here

Be happy with your Internet I get fucking 5 megabits a second down and 0.3mbps up

Also are you on adsl or cable?

Wifi. Cant run an ethernet from lounge room to bedroom.

Im happy with the download but I want to get into streaming, average for Aus is about 3mbps which is still awful but way better than 1.

why the fuck not

cable btw

long way from bedroom to router

2nd step. Do you have stairs in your house?

check'd. and no stairs, pretty solid walls though, old style.

Amazon. 100 ft cable. Easy

any solutions to run them through halls without looking shit? what kind of speed increase can i expect from switching to ethernet?

Your download speed is pretty shitty mate. Get fiber optic internet from a local isp. I get 1gig/sec for only 60 bucks a month.

i had the same problem and i just got a long ass cord, ran it along the ceiling, taped it, and then fed it until it reached my door frame, drilled a hole for the cord, and boom
>pic is results

can't get NBN (fibre) in my area.

oh damn thats a massive increase, gonna have to go ethernet. thanks for the tips guys.

What were your speeds beforehand?

The speed is capped by your ISP, you need to pay more and upgrade your internet plan.

well using 2 30 dollar antenna i had about 15mb/s download and about 5mb/s upload

It's just internet...get one of those Ethernet over Power adapters. The linksys ones are good, others are generally shit.

Those will give you about 300mb/s both ways as long as you only use it for a single computer in the house and you don't have shit wiring (no weird sub panels, you can keep the polarity correct, better if it's on the same phase).

Best option to avoid an ethernet cable and they're like $50.

awesome, its an old ish house so i dont know how great the wiring is but we've never had any electrical issues, still worth?

get some giga

>Ethernet over Power adapters

This if direct Ethernet is not an option. Had the exact same problem with my wifi and solved it with a TP-Link power line kit. You can also try to diag your wifi. Check if there are other wifi networks in your area and what channels they're using. Switch to a free channel.

limit the download speed a bit and see if the upload speed improves.

no one cares south korea gtfo

Adelaide has shit ping everywhere unless you live in Seaford and the fucken servers in your backyard

How?

>Autralia
fix? move.

Downloadmoreram.com