Is having absolutely no purpose better than having a simplistic mundane artificially created purpose such as passing...

Is having absolutely no purpose better than having a simplistic mundane artificially created purpose such as passing butter?

Yes, because not having a purpose makes us human, having a mundane and artificially created purpose makes us toasters

I can give you a mundane purpose, that doesn't make you any less human.

yes it does it makes you more machine than human

How so? I could state your purpose is to facilitate this cocersation but that doesn't mean you have to accept it. Being able to make rstional choice is what makes you human, not an arbitrary contrived purpose or lack thereof l.

You make your own purpose. It's up to you whether it's mundane or not. Also, don't forget that supportive roles may not be glamorous, but they're still important to the whole.

Yeah, at least it feels that way. I could find purpose and everyone would just be happy about it.

So is all purpose a man made concept or is there actual purpose to anything?

at least butterrobo has a job

Well to answer that we'd need to define purpose, and the difference between actual things and man made concepts.
>Does time actually exist or is it a man made concept?
Perception is reality my friend.

Rick and Morty is fucking shite for brainlets, watch the superior cartoon. Pic related.

You are only human if you live without purpose like the nihilistic hedonistic me.

The moment you have a purpose, you are no different from a programmed computer, unless you say happiness is your purpose.

That sounds like preffering one purpose over another. And would any self defined purpose make you less human? I'm not talking about some metaphysical divine purpose.

Why is ones humanity based on a purpose. I get that people may not want to be a cog in some machine, but I don't understand why being a part of the machine or not is something to base how human a person is.

It's not. The original question that was asked was which is better? Not which defines being human. The sub argument was a rebuttal that having no purpose or having an artificial purpose doesn't make you more or less human.

For humans that question is stupid, you decide what meaning, sense or purpose your life has.

For me it's masturbation and drugs.

If there isn't a grand meaning or purpose to our lives or anything and it all had to be created/derrived, is life worth living?

I wont teach u for free, u jew shilling google robot with existencial crisis

this thread fucking sucks and makes no sense

> thread that requires thought sucks
> threads about traps and randy sixx are ok

It's better to have a purpose than to just be drifting aimlessly.

No but the absence of such doesn't mean that the only (or best) solution is death.

>For me, it's the McChicken
But really, no purpose at all sounds better if you're already doubting your job of passing butter.

This is why some people romanticise depression, in that they've broken their monotiny and figured out life is meaningless.

Sounds like it's trading one prison for another to me.

Choose
>A prison of endless horizon, everything is too far for the eye to decipher. The world turns but here you are going everywhere but nowhere
or
>A prison with one single function, to stamp plate numbers. That's it, that's what you do for the rest of your days in prison, till your release.

meant for

Plates.
At least there's something to do.

Your purpose in life is to pay taxes.

Right? Our purpose is to find purpose, and to stick with it.
Being all "Awww I's got no place fo dis world" is a shit mindset

Both as basically the same.
We see having no purpose as the “right” answer per say, as opposed to having some sort of self made meaning.
But why is that? In the end, having no purpose or having purpose leads you to the same place, sure the mindset and path people have with these differing states of mind may lead to very contrasting lives. (One with who finds no meaning may lead a depressing life that gets them nowhere, while one who has created meaning/finds meaning in things leads a “successful” life, or vice versa)
Point I’m making, there is literally no universally defined right or wrong, there’s are humanly arbitrary ideas of right or wrong, but this is only ever from our standpoint.
But when you see it as this, an absurd life with no real meaning, there is nothing more than to just live, to suffer through your meaningless existence because that’s all it is.