Why do Atheists claim to respect evidence, but then turn around and reject all the evidence for the existence of God?

Why do Atheists claim to respect evidence, but then turn around and reject all the evidence for the existence of God?

Isnt that being hypocritical?

Other urls found in this thread:

csgoani.me/vfrxpft
youtube.com/watch?v=v8mJr4c66bs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Sinaiticus#Unique_and_other_textual_variants
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What evidence is there that god exist?

You know, I feel like having fun today.

Which evidence do you speak of?

the bible, idiot

Why can't theists get trips?

Isn't that being hypocritical?

Because they are bunch of nasty fucks, what the fuck you expected from them ?

So the harry potter universe exists too, since its in a book

Spiderman comics are evidence that Spiderman exists.

I hear that if you sincerely ask, he will appear in your thread.

the fine tuning of the universe for life.

Theres no evidence

misrepresenting a point. the bible is factual. spiderman isnt.

harry potter and spiderman aren't the inspired word of god
are atheists really this dumb?

>satan trips
Hint: The appearance of fine-tuning is not evidence that a god exists. You would need to be able to show that the universe was actually fine-tuned by a god.

>The bible is true because the bible says so

Complexity of world is a good evidence. Everything in universe has its place, so its logical that somebody designed it

If Spiderman isn't factual, how come he is in so many movies?

Prove the Bible was written by God. Otherwise, it has as much legitimacy as the Koran, the Baghavad Gita, or The Lord of the Rings.

Thats why its fuckin barren, aside from 1 planet?
Thx for proving us right, satan

Take this stale shit somewhere else

it's actually embarrassing that you took that bait

the bible only claims to be factual and when researches it shows to be full of lies and contradictions and we can therefor conclude that it is not the word of god.

yes christians really are stupid.

How do u know?

1/10 bait

same God but his message corrupted by humans. its very obvious.

The god of the Christian Bible, before we understood more how the universe worked, talked directly to man. He shouted from the mountaintops, drowned the whole earth, gave his people rules inscribed on tablets.

Now, that we understand a bit more, he no longer talks out loud to his people or hands them anything. He is a "small still voice".

Imagine if god did another Saul-Paul transformation in this day and age. Took a persecutor of Christians and turned them into a protector.

Why doesn't this happen any more? Because it never really happened the first time.

>Complexity of world is a good evidence.
On the contrary, it isn't evidence at all.
> Everything in universe has its place
I mean, in a certain sense that's true just by definition.
> its logical that somebody designed it
It isn't though.

The Bible is not reliable evidence, for two reasons.

1) It is at a great many points self-contradictory, calling its own text immediately into question. This starts as early as Genesis 1 (God creates man and woman at essentially the same time) and Genesis 2 (God creates woman some time after man)

2) It presents no compelling reason to trust it over the Qur'an, the Bhagvad-ghita, or any other religious text.

That's what the Jews think about you.

hey now, eru Iluvatar is my lord.

There is no solid shit for or against god, thats why only dumbshits argue about this.
The hypocritical thing is atheists believing in theory like its fact, like the concept of god being impossible.

It's actually embarrassing you're trying to up yourself by acting entitled

>not taking delicious bait in the hopes Spiderman will appear
Burn the witch!

The Universe is incredibly bad "designed". Is your God a retard?

csgoani.me/vfrxpft

Its not a good evidence. Its not an evidence at all. Not only did the universe start off simply, but aldo if complex things need to be created, who made god?

>2017
>believing in voodoo

the bible mentions egypt. egypt exists.

the bible mentions israelites. israelites exist.

the bible mentions the nile. the nile exists.

and so on.... stop trying to discredit the truth.

Why do you keep posting shitty b8?

The universe does not seem to be fine-tuned for life. Indeed, the overwhelming majority of the observable universe appears to be quite hostile to life for various reasons related to heat, cold, lack of breathable air, intense radiation, and so on.

Depends on which god concept you are talking about. Some god concepts are self-contradicting.

There's little solid evidence against the general idea of God, but there's pretty compelling evidence for a lack of the Judeo-Christian god.

>the jews are honest

how far out into the universe have you gone?

EXACTLY.

"The Gods Delusion" is a book wrotten by old butthurted faggot that can't even dissaprove creationism.

Yes atheists are really that stupid.

Or it never existed, ppl were naive, but amassed knowledge with time.
My explenation is bettet, since it doesnt require magic to work

god makes himself known to the faithful
enjoy hell, sinner

Because what ? Because you say so ?

Pm, but some people hear "god" and assume that it has to be tied to religion rather than entertaining an idea

got you to respond

I agree. Too bad edgy kid atheists dont get that lol

Because the line of reasoning to get from "complexity of world" to "god exists" isn't valid. Arguments from incredulity are fallacious.

Thats your argument ? You did not dissaproved mine

there are no contradictions in the bible
if you can't understand this, you're just failing to see the deeper meaning
god is all powerful, so it's perfectly possible and logical for him to both create man and woman at the same time and at different times

Thats why the question is"do u believe in god?" not "do u believe there is, or isnt a god?" and only idiots fall for the weak emotional arguments and ignotum per ignotum and then base their motals on that and then demand others do as they tell them

A big part of the problem is that god, religion, and other things like spirituality have fuzzy definitions. They can mean radically different things to different people.

Eyewitness testimony is generally considered to be relatively weak evidence, for the simple fact that people lie, misremember, or misinterpret things all the time. As a result, scientists (and courts of law) generally prefer secondary evidence. Gunpowder residue on a person's body invariably means that they have fired a gun recently, for example.

Of the universe that we can observe, we see it appears to be quite hostile to life.

>You did not dissaproved mine
You didn't make one. You just made a statement.

Yes he did. First, it's false that apparent complexity implies a designer. Second, even if it did, it doesn't imply that the designer is God.

What evidence is there that God is all-powerful?

Spiderman comics mentions new york
Harry potter mentions london

complexity is obviously a signature of design. otherwise it would all just be one big mess.

More to the point, the Qur'an mentions all those places as well.

It isn't though. Complex things can form naturally and simple things can be designed.

To say there isn't a God is to assume way to much. There is so much we don't know about the formation of the universe, the origin of life, the meaning of it all. These are currently unknowable and so ruling out something is presumptive. That said, there is also not enough to prove the existence of a creator or higher being. With no evidence pointing either way, I think the best conclusion is one of skeptical agnosticism; assuming what we see is not the full picture but accepting that the bounds of human knowledge prevents us from giving a definitive answer. To say there is a God is presumptive, to rule one out is short sighted.

>base their morals on god
Religous people really don't. Faith is more a traditional and social thing for most of them, thier morals are often self determined

>logical

No, it's not. You don't know logic.

Douglas Adams exposed and refuted theist stupitity with one simple argument, enjoy :

youtube.com/watch?v=v8mJr4c66bs

Daily Reminder

Who edited the first edition bible? The answer to that question proves it's not the word of god

Good thing being an atheist doesn't require ruling out the possibility of a god existing.

Atheism and agnosticism are not mutually exclusive.

So can science. You will always have people use terms like that wrong imo.
Not disagreeing mind you, but its more of an error people make universally

No, it's not hypocritical. Why didn't Pharao allow the Hebrews to leave, even after all that shit happenend? Because the Lord hardened his heart.
If half a bottle of vodka can screw your perceptive and logical faculties, how about an entity that produced your environment and designed the ways you perceive it and deduce from it?
So, it's actually very simple: Atheists cannot fully understand what they observe. Thus, their conclusions are not hypocritical, they are just wrong based on not having enough information.
Or, in short: Atheists do by necessity have less than 100 percent common sense.

So humanity was spawned by the first man and woman, who had two sons.............okaaaaaaaaaaay.

Who made god, then, like i asked when i previously demolished this pseudosrgument

well, for starters, he created the universe

Not just the first one user

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Sinaiticus#Unique_and_other_textual_variants

Oooookay...

Did you ever realize that most myths and fictional storys mention real world places and celebritys?

Oh shit ! Then the Batman exists too !

>Christfags in charge of not being Jewish puppets

Well words are inherently subjective in meaning, but with something like science we actually have a demonstrable method that we can point to and say "that is science". People don't always go with that definition, but it's there. These other terms don't really have anything analogous.

Normally, a designer goes for as little complexity as possible.

No, u stupid fuck
if u r not convinced god exists, u dont believe god exists and that makes u an atheist and thats the rational position - u dont believe it, untill theres evidence and u pointed out there isnt
But they tell themselves and others they do and expect u to conform

A big mess is usually the most complex thing there is. Are you inferring that God is a lazy teenager with a bad attitude who won't clean up his room ?

How do you know? You weren't there. In fact, no one was there but God, and God didn't write the Bible. The first evidence we have for any part of the Bible goes back only to about 1,400 BC.

But gotham isnt real

what's wrong with that?
they were following god's divine plan

It wasn't an attack on Atheism user. If you conclude differently to me and say there is nothing then that's cool. Though I'm sure they are not exclusive of each other, I haven't met any one who would refer to themselves as atheist who doesn't go full Dawkins in ruling out any possibility of a higher power or a creator.

That's not a good argument. The universe could be fine-tuned by chance, but that chance was neceassry for you to exist to observe the universe. If it wasn't fine-tuned by the same chance, no one would be here.

We have dictionaries to make words not subjecive
its a pitty language evolves due to idiots trying to use words they dont understand

True, but the improper use does dirty the waters. Too many people claim "belief in science" which is just a claim the ignorant make when they assume the science on a subject is absolute, which is simular to blind faith.

god has always existed and always will exist
he is the one exception to every rule

Except even Darkins doesn't rule out the possibility of a higher power or a creator.

>Darkins
Dawkins

No, universe did

Atheists also expect you to conform to their ideals in society. Thats just part of society existing

Dictionaries are descriptive, not prescriptive. They aren't authorities on what words mean, only showing how words are commonly used. There's a reason dictionaries can disagree and change over time.

Prove it. Bruce Wayne sent me workout sups last srping, how can he not be real ?