youtube.com/watch?v=TXf6ekbgzpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=C4_d0_S3LAg
youtube.com/watch?v=EhY7Mf1nqok
youtube.com/watch?v=7cyMoAW5bhY
youtube.com/watch?v=LeyhCZa61fs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hopsin
Tyga
All of Cash Money (Wayne, Baby, Nicki. Drake too, although his success makes him slightly less corny)
Xxxtentacion

>liking rap

Great Gio

probably Kyle

he's not corny though

tyler knows exactly how eccentric he is, as opposed to rappers like vic mensa, wale and hopsin, who don't realize how fucking bizarre they are

hes still corny.

this. i like kyle's type of corniness but its still corny

probably tylo be chillin

I dunno. Kyle isn't corny to me because he's only rapping his life which isn't that fancy.

>Still trying to force this meme
Here, have a (you) and a bump

Trying to fix this board.

You're trying too hard

better than not trying at all

I have an idea: remove yourself instead of trying to remove threads

logic

Nah, fuck you and your destroying of everything good in the world.

Please go back to listening to Neutral Milk Hotel and that album with the potato-head woman in a boat.

youtube.com/watch?v=5jUGAVUwhRU
youtube.com/watch?v=fP8FMdVcCQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8wWgQv2qSrM
youtube.com/watch?v=TXf6ekbgzpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=C4_d0_S3LAg

Garbage nigga garbage wack ass songs garbage fucking lyrics garbage wokeness
garbage haircut garbage tats garbage lightskin garbage talent garbage flows garbage nigga

Can I just remind everyone that Vic Mensa is from Hyde Park, the same rich ass area of Chicago that Obama was from and all his talk about violence is only ever about people he met he never lived any of it.

Chance (whose dad works for that corrupt as fuck ass ass Mayor of Chicago and also grew up middle class) was walking with one of his friends when someone ran up on them both and shot Chance's friend dead. He actually saw it, was nearly killed by it and doesn't go on all these fake woke rants like Vic trying to act as if he's the bearer of everyone's pain.

Vic Mensa is that one guy that gets all mad as shit and nonstop shouts "FUCK. I WISH I WAS THERE MAN. I WOULDA FUCKED HIM UP REAL TALK" when he finds out you got into a fight or robbed but is never fucking around when shit actually happens to you. He can go suck ten billion dicks.

Don't even know what that is.

You should fuck off though...
You can be a normie anywhere in the world...

Why here?

If you're going to complain about people discussing hip hop on this board, you're going to have a bad time. You're obviously new. Hip hop is a big part of this board.

When do you ever meet normies deep into hip hop anyway? Do you even go outside?

Not really. If anything, it has the exact same effect.

Nah I love hip hop as a genre.

I hate the pop shit that is passed off as hip hop these days even though it doesn't even belong to the hip hop genre.

J Cole's lame ass is still around somehow. Nobody can touch that high fructose corny syrup ass

If it's Vic Mensa you're talking about, then it's obviously still hip hop, even though it all sucks. desu, what doesn't make vic mensa hip hop? the fact that he's a rapper in 2017? that skrillex was included in one of his songs? what

Same person who wrote this here. I can't even fucking remember writing "desu" right there. I mean I obviously did but holy shit i gotta watch myself because this shit is becomming automatic

ahh, the good same old same old hip-pop

>rhyming words, lowest form of lyricism and mainly used by children

All of them.

Don't pretend to be me faggot.

I don't know I try to avoid hearing that kinda crap.

They still make good hip hop.

It's just very very very rarely in the top 40.

I'd say lil pump
Not that it's a bad thing, but he's definitely corny.

>rhyming words
>lowest form of lyricism

literally every genre does it. the only difference is that hip hop, opposed to other mainstream genres, has more complex lyrics than something like:

"I wish you were here
You were my only love
All I can do is cry
And watch you pass by
When the evening falls
And I see your missed calls bla bla bla

XXXtentacion is becoming a meme with his grunge hip-hop schtick. It's annoying but it looks like it could replace trap once that starts dying down.

Here is some cool hip hop music from sweden.

youtube.com/watch?v=EhY7Mf1nqok

Not that you would of heard of them because they aren't international promoted by sony.

This is what the genre actually sounds like btw.

youtube.com/watch?v=7cyMoAW5bhY

Imagine being this mad about what other people like.
Go to bed Grandpa.

The shit normies call hip hop and rap is just pop and edm with some ghetto slang talked over the top of it.

It is actually not a part of the genre but it's been called that so often that normies are conviced it is hip hop.

It's just like how they tried to convince people that simple plan was a punk rock band.

real hip hop culture still exists though...

there are plenty of hip hop stores that won't sell crap like migos

there are still local hip hop acts in every city that actually rhyme and not mumble

You sound like a fucking normie yourself.

The EDM with mc's (even though they're whack) rapping over them, is STILL HIP HOP, literal retard. There is always going to be sucky artists within genres, but that doesn't mean they aren't apart of it. Yes, even though YOU don't like it. Even if you think it makes the genre unclean.

What you're saying is typical normie-talk. The type of stuff you find on Facebook; "Lil Wayne is not real hip hop because he raps about bitches and money! 2Pac was a lyrical genius and a soldier! He was real hip hop! So is Eminem!!!1!"

You could get taylor swift to sing the lyrics and and it would be the same as any pop song.

It's basically pop music where the lyrics aren't song.

Hip hop has split into two different genres but they both use the same name.

>Lil Wayne is not real hip hop because he raps about bitches and money.

What??? Rap can be about anything you want it to be... that doesn't change it definition.

By that logic Schooly D wasn't a rapper. Not that you would know who that is.

>He was real hip hop! So is Eminem!!
Eminem was very cheezy and pop like but could still fit the genre some what. I'm not a big fan of his music but it holds childhood nostalgia value to me.

Holy shit you are the most illiterate person I've ever met on this board. If you didn't grasp it, the part where I talked about Lil Wayne and "real hip hop" was in quotes. If you do not know what quotes are, they're these little symbols: "

I was pretending to be your typical everyday Faceboook-normie who likes to talk about what "real hip hop!!" is.

Also, please give me examples of artists defined as hip hop that by your opinion don't rap? If you're going to mention Migos, Lil Pump, XXXTentacion, then I'm just going to tell you right away; they just have another flow then old school hip hop has.

You are literally the modern day version of the dad rocker who hear's guitar-based music made after the year 2000 and exclaims "this isn't real rock n roll!"

Well of course.
I listen to all kinds of music though.
Sometimes it's just fun to listen to meme rap.
Music is about enjoyment.

You are quoting shit I didn't even say though so you don't make any sense.

Lil Jon for one, saying "what, yeah, shots shots shots" isn't poetic, it contains no rhymes no idioms and is not rapping.

Not really though.

Also dad rock is a normie term to demean music that isn't trendy and recent enough for them.

If rapping isn't meant to be poetic.
If talking in a ghetto voice is enough to be classified as a rapper...

That means people from places like detroit are rappers just because they talk in a ghetto voice.

It sounds ridiculous but actually think about it.

same with mumble rap.

>You are quoting shit I didn't even say though so you don't make any sense.

Hahahahaahah holy fucking shit. Again, you are illiterate as fuck. You are absolutely right, I never quoted you, because I didn't mean to.

Please thoroughly read this to make sure you comprehend what I meant: I was pretending to be your typical everyday Faceboook-normie who likes to talk about what "real hip hop!!" is.

Do you get it now?

Honestly if you're this illiterate you should go back to 5th grade. Also, never discuss lyricism and anything written in general, because you're fucking embarrassing yourself.

>Lil Jon for one, saying "what, yeah, shots shots shots" isn't poetic, it contains no rhymes no idioms and is not rapping.

There is no rule in hip hop that says that it has to be poetic. There is, however, certain fans that want only poetic hip hop to be classified has hip hop.

Do you wanna know what the hip hop music genre is? It's a branch of four elements of a subculture called hip hop. Hip hop is a rhytmic styled music, usually accompanied by an MC. There you go.

Just record some conversations from the streets, put some shitty SoundCloud instrumentals under it and boom; you got a mixtape.

Except mumble rap is mainstream and trendy.

If you said not underground and creative enough then I would agree.

What you are doing is called a straw man argument...

>There is no rule in hip hop that says that it has to be poetic. There is, however, certain fans that want only poetic hip hop to be classified has hip hop.

Actually that was originally what defined the genre before it split into two different genres.

It was literally the main key component of what made rap music,

>It's a branch of four elements of a subculture called hip hop. Hip hop is a rhytmic styled music, usually accompanied by an MC. There you go.

You of all people have no place trying to teach me about hip hop with something you just read off google a minute ago.

You could literally do that.

You could literally record two people who speak with Ebonics having a conversation, Sample it without even using auto tune and add a slow heavy bassline and tell people it's rapping.

Vic's a hit or miss. He either makes a great song or he's as cringy as Hopsin. What's his fucking deal?

>just read off google a minute ago

You just did yourself, didn't you?
Ask any person deep into hip hop and you'll get the same answer, because that's the ones dedicated enough to actually study it.

People who are deep into hip hop don't consider mumble rap and crunk to be of the same genre.

I know, I speak to break dancers, turntablists and graffiti writers who paint trains as well as rappers.

Hip hop started splitting off into two different genres around the time crunk started going mainstream.

Most people into mumble rap don't even know who DJ Kool Herc is.

Most people who listen to obscure hip hop from places like sweden and australia do.

In fact it is a common diss in rap battles to compare someone with people like lil jon.

In fact there are lots of hip hop stores around the world that sell things like magazines about breaking, graffiti paint and turn tables that refuse to even sell this new mumble rap because they don't consider it real hip hop.

The only kinds of places that sell this are normie stores and the places Asians but their snap backs and shitty yeezy shoes.

youtube.com/watch?v=LeyhCZa61fs

Ask these people if they consider your pop music marketed as hip hop as authentic rap music...

Also go through that store and see if you can find a single Migos record...

You won't.

You sound crazy after validation

Need to preserve the culture and the ideas and artistry.

I mean yeah even if they convince the majority that rap music is something it's not there will always be people that understand what it actually is.

They will just exist in smaller numbers and form small cliquey scenes.

XXX after that cypher

chat niggas assemble