forcing a meme that hard

youtu.be/XbULM0bTPs8

trying to fix this board.

That was nice but doen't prove anything

It will take more than that

>2017 SOTY

youtube.com/watch?v=1Qr4SwcmAS4

put it in the trash my guy

i didnt know because i filter kpop generals, i like listening to music made by actual artists to push artistic boundaries and not studied around marketing trends and impressionable fanboys

they are artists, they performed that song

yeah hopefully someone else will get on board one day.

GET YOUR BACK UP OFF THE WALL

Not really...

I mean loosely they are artists...

but in the loosest sense of the word...

They are pretty silicon faces of mass souless marketing and that's it.

a good solution would be NOT discerning arbitrarily what """"patrician"""" and """"normie""" is, and NOT castrating good&healthy discussion on "mainstream" music (as long as it's intelligent discussion)

they're all natural actually and their personalities are amazing if you get to know them
they are human too you know

because i heard...

Nah we don't need 80 percent of this board dedicated to normie music while threads discussing jazz, turntablism, funk or reggae die.

You can discuss normie music everywhere and with almost anyone.. you don't need a special place for it.

they are performancers, executioners, not artists
there's not art involved as there's no reasoning mind behind it all, just numbers of how much money the company can get and how much the fanbase can increase and buy the merch

>if you get to know them
oh because you're close friends with them? or you just saw a diluted and "public appearance" version of them on an interview? stop this bs please

3 Japanese little girls doing better K-pop than everything in the last 5 years

*blocks your path*

but they also compose the song and write the lyrics and the vocalists are some of the top in the world

and i don't have to know them personally to see how they truly are
i can tell just by looking and hearing them speak

But you realize that being a pop star is literally just a usual job there? Like it is basically a market where they train all these girls from a young age exactly the same and then filter them into labels they own, from there they're paired with a group of other girls and assigned their "role" or part in the group. Just like some ridiculous anime stereotype type stuff. Etc. This girl is the nice one, this is the edgy one, and you're the one who makes sexual innuendos and shit like that, they're told that those are their personalities for the group they're in. Look into it, the Korean pop industry is crazy.

into the bin my guy deadass

they get chosen because they have great personalities, that stuff can't be trained

this particular group doesn't have any of those different personalities, they're all cute and amazing

Sounds like a Korean version of the spice girls desu.

oh yeah? they compose everything? whoa i didnt know they had the genial musical/aesthetical insight of ripping off 98% of western music and regurgitating it as insipid and endlessly derivative danceable anthems-for-the-deaf (while also putting some TRAP music in it because that's what get asses moving in 2k17)

also
>vocalists some of the top in the world
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha they ain't shit the first half-assed gospel choir member is better than the whole korean population summed up

alright you don't know anything at all so stop now before you get embarrassed

oh please embarrass me you little fangirl

you're already doing it yourself, kpop is real art and you just have to accept that

What is this thread anymore ?

Gangstas dont dance they boogie

ITT: unconfident and narrow-minded and tasteless kpop fans explore other parts of /mu with bad results

and yet you didnt talk about the actual music at all. what makes it "good" for you besides it's your favorite pussyowner that sings it? does it moves music forward? does it explores new sounds and aesthetics never heard/seen before? has it a sonic relevance? has it lyrical incisiveness? do concept and execution match?
it's called "discussing music" and not "comparing waifus" like kpop generals, sorry

it makes me happy, has your music ever done that for you, you sad little man

it makes me happy, melancholic, euphoric, enthusiastic, reflective, dreamy, and everthing music does to (normal) people on a daily basis
the really sad thing is that it's not the actual music that you listen to that makes you happy, but the CONTEXT around it, such as the appearance of who sings it

Music is sound.....