Any WoW players here?

Any WoW players here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ucYl65DwU0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lol fuck off nerd, you cant hang out with us cool kids

Not anymore.

When did you quit and why?

Still have an account, never play anymore.

Quit any serious playing mid Cata, still played off and on for each xpac, but haven't really raided. Did a bit of raid leading beginning of Warlords, but quickly lost interest.

Also don't have nearly enough time anymore.

Also, played since vanilla beta.

Understandable. Guess the only reason I still play is I was forced to take a long break from 2013 til early this year due to shitty circumstance. Only really still in it for the story though.

I used to. I really miss enjoying that game, I just outgrew it.

I used to sink fucking literal months into raiding during WotLK though

Aye, I'm playing atm. Been playing since march 3rd, 2014. Over 600 days /played total.

Most of my time online I spend afk, just doing nothing. Nowadays I log on, don't really feel like doing anything, and log off again after doing the minimum to play at highest PuG level.

2004* sorry.

i feel you. i just love the mmo genre and can't find anything that compares to WoW in a long term sense

pretty much what I've been doing recently. What class do you play?

been playing on warmane for about 6 months

Its still good but the blessed days are gone

I still play for nostalgia. Had so many good times with friends playing it, I can never manage to get to that point anymore though.

There was a time when I was playing 12-18 hours a day. That's way back when I was in highschool, was skipping school to play.

Now that I've got my education, a job and stuff to do, I can't really afford to play anymore. When I do play, I always feel I am way too restricted on time to enjoy it.

If something ever happened that I got disabled though and couldn't work again, I'd probably play.

no money to play

joined after that southpark episode in 2006, fuckin loved the game. Never maxed and professions or did high level raiding, only started getting into serious pvp in wod. I just liked the escapism and being a massive noob/troll. Cant find an mmo that compares, rift felt too woody and bdo feels too centered on people show casing their waifus.

i played tbc and wrath. played nost. played kronos2. played gummy's for about an hour.

i fucking hate rift, never played bdo but it doesn't look appealing

Played in TBC and WotLK, took a long break afterwards - came back for WoD, stayed for Legion and started playing on Elysium as well.

use to raid professionally

Do you guys think they should remove pandaren?

I've bought every Collector's Edition since the first but I haven't touched Legion yet. I've taken 2 big breaks over the years. The first was about a year and the second is still ongoing but I'm sure it won't last forever.

Also, 22 level 100's 11 Alliance and 11 Horde.

sooo, you grew up and are turning into your parents

yeah suh

you bet Felborné - Stormreaver EU

play on a private server! I play from the US and my ping is only 150 on most of them. The most populated ones right now are Elysium (vanilla, blizzlike) and Gamer-District (WotLK, x7 exp boost, x14 on weekends). the scripts are fantastic for both too.

There's also an extension of Elysium's 2nd server (Anathema) to be converted to a BC-blizzlike server, but nobody knows how long thats actually going to take until its released.

check out the OP posts from the Elysium threads on /vg/ for guides on how to connect to a private server. Just don't ever join a /vg/ guild.

Also,
>2017
>still paying/farming gold to play WoW

No, my parents were unsuccessful, live in a shitty run down apartment with cockroaches and have nothing to show for their life except a dependance on alcohol and two minimum wage jobs.

I have a house 3 cars and a girlfriend i love.

>
noice

No one plays wow for the story guy.

It's all about the grind you little bitch boi.

...and he always had a mighty fine grind...

>march 3rd 2004
Found the newfag.
You should probably look up when a game released before bragging about playing it for a long time.

Been playing for about 10 years. Not a serious player though

>this is what WoW has become
good lord just unsub

started like 2 months ago with legion
110 paladin and 110 demon hunter atm
playing with some friends
+got alliance dk on argend dawn

Not him but beta vanilla was available to play around then.

Not currently but has played every expansion since vanilla, currently missing it tho

This mirrors my experience as well, bar the beta. I started about 2 months into live vanilla, loved the game playing in huge 40 man raids, met friends i still talk to and play games with. Started really loosing interest around the end of Wrath, finally had enough of playing on the regular mid Cata. Have still returned for about a month every xpan except for Mists. Heart just isn't in it anymore with pug groups that don't even talk to each other, the gear focused guilds and 1000 other changes they've made in the past 6 or so years.

I have every class at 110.
Wot a nerd U:

wow we asked for your life story

I used to play vanilla for years but stopped around lich king. I'd love to play again and have that same feel but I doubt it'll happen

Sure was, but I highly doubt this dude played in beta. Just judging by the way he talks, hes young.

Vanilla: You're born to a brilliant sunrise. The world is all new. Every turn, every corner is a new experience. Your future is bright and sunny. Things are just getting started. You're a noob but so is everyone else. Everything is surprise, laughs and good times. Happiness is all you feel and all you know.

Burning Crusade: The sun is at it's highest in the sky. You're no longer green and have settled comfortably into the world. Everything is at its zenith. The world is bustling and you're just one of the privileged few lucky enough to have lived in such a great time.

Wrath: You look onto the horizon. The sun is setting. You feel creaks in your bones that weren't there yesterday. You're wizened and weathered, a sage of times past. You make your final journey into the unknown, the land beyond sight. You leave behind everything, your friends, your memories, the world itself. You say goodbye and disappear as the last glimpse of the sun vanishes behind the sea.

Cataclysm: You return. You're old. Your adventures are over. The world you left is gone, changed completely. New faces are all that can be seen, none that you recognize. You realize your time has long past, the world belongs to others now. This is not your place...not anymore, the sun already set on you. it will never rise for you again.

Pandaria: All my friends are dead. People look at me with mixture of pity and disgust. I don't belong here anymore. I smile as I fade to black and as I leave I hear the voices of my old friends calling out to me.

Ok, ya got em..who cares?

WoW is still good, if you don't think so fuckin fite me.

Also nerf Druids.

Actually.. well said.

see

>Joined at cataclysm
>Quested entire outland and northrend
>Best questline I ever experienced
>Raids where the fking best
>Spend about 10 hours a day playing WoW
>Still passed school
It was a good time but now I have other priorities

There are less than 1 million active subscriptions now.

Nobody plays WOW anymore.

Subs are way down for sure. but no way there is less than 1 million.

Probably 6-7 million

Can't agree more. I remember when being part of a guild and raiding was doing things with a group of online friends, and it was actually fun.

Now it seems there is none of that anymore, it's all about the gear, the kills etc. It kind of always was, but you could actually talk and have fun while doing it.

Might just be nostalgia fogging my brain though.

WoW died with Cata launch

lol dude its 3 milion at max

Fucking A post user

I started TBC and quit at MoP then resubbed last month.

Legion is pretty good, Dalaran is a hub again, which is cool.

one of the top ferals/rets in the world during cata and legion.

Jorjj/Largemac btw

Ret during cata

Jorj rank 1s during firelands

My BF plays it

tried playing 3 times, farthest i got was lvl 7 before i played something fun
to be fair i don't really like any mmo i try

goddamn i miss the vanilla days, and the LAN house with the live bands on the weekends and the nonstop playing.

aint nothin but a thing

Played since beta.

Vanilla > tBC > Legion > WotLK > pandas > Cata > WoD

youtube.com/watch?v=9ucYl65DwU0

>Any WoW players here?

I wish I was a WoW player still.

But the shitty state of the game and a community of LFR casu-cunts that have dominated it's population turn me off from putting any real effort into the game anymore.

Even if I want to sub in for the single-player aspects, I don't think it's fair to be milked a sub payment every month, when there are several F2P-MMOs and offline, single-player, "Skyrim", RPgames (of better quality) to play without a sub.

Blizzard is just riding the coat-tails of it's former success, and milking gullible idiots who have to buy their gold through their token system.

>WoW is a tragedy

Looking at the raid parses for just heroic, and just one week we have over 200,000 parses. Now let's be really generous and say everyone has 2 characters and runs the raid twice. We are still looking at 100,000 people with raid parses in one week.

And that is just the people who:
Raid
Raid Heroic
Actually log their fights
Upload logs publicly
To Warcraftlogs

This doesn't count pvpers, losers that only do world quests and guilds who just don't care about numbers.

You barely unboxed it.

>played since beta
>thinks classic was the best

Yeah ok buddy.

Legion is pretty fun tbh. Best xPAC since wotlk for sure and in my opinion better.

Nice paid advertising thread you have here.

40 mans were best maybe because we brought our guild over from a previous mmo but the world was new and it was the biggest leap the genre will ever make.

>someones opinion is different from mine
>"ok buddy"

>Legion is pretty fun tbh. Best xPAC since wotlk for sure and in my opinion better.

I agree, Legion is the best once since the WLK days.

But too little too late, so much damage has been done during the CAT, MoP, and especially WoD.....there is just some things the game can't come back from.

yeah cata made people rage, and kungfu panda was weird