Thoughts on R.E.M.?

Thoughts on R.E.M.?

They're pretty good, but you'll get absolutely destroyed for saying you like them in public.

My second favourite 3 letter acronym alternative rock band of the 80s/90s

What's your first?

XTC?

XTC
Acronym's not the right word, I now realise, but you know what I mean

theyre very good but everyone thinks they suck because of the end of the world as we know it even tho that song was on their 5th record

But that's one of their best songs

why is there an R.E.M. thread everyday these days

Michael Stipe found Sup Forums

Wait what?
Why?

hm? Why? I thought they were very popular

Top two favorite band of all time for me

I don't know man, I guess they've become uncool/dadrock to the vast majority. I tried playing Losing My Religion around friends once because I didn't know much about normie music and thought it was acceptable. Almost immediately they wanted to skip it.

Well yeah, if you play THAT song.

Sounds like you just have lame friends

that's cause you played their (2nd) most popular song. If you played something like Radio Free Europe, that's popular enough for them to know it but not too popular, they would have liked it

>implying anyone here goes out in public

R.E.M. is great. One of the best popular 80s/90s bands.

>IMO rank
Reckoning > Automatic For The People > Fables of The Reconstruction > Document > Murmur > Monster > Green > Out of Time > Lifes Rich Pageant >>> New Adventures In Hi Fi >>> the rest

Pretty excellent band during the 80s.

Timeless but occasionally cheasy

If you believe there's nothing up their sleeves, then nothing is cool.

New adventures is my favourite followed by fables. Why don't you like it?

It's not that I don't like it (or I wouldnt have listed it at all). I just think that every album previous was better and I didnt care for their direction after Monster.