Is this thing going to be worse than harvey or is flordia used to this kind of stuff?

is this thing going to be worse than harvey or is flordia used to this kind of stuff?

Florida is fairly used to this shit, but this one, this one is massive. The destruction its going to leave behind will be epic.

Florida has actual proper drainage for flood waters, and people here are a lot more used to hurricane prep and clean-up.
Yes, Irma is huge and a lot stronger than usual, but it's still business as usual for hurricane prep - board/shutter up, get some gas cans and water, maybe leave if you feel like it.

Compared to Texas where they have literal negative flood drainage and roughly 15% of people had flood or hurricane insurance, things here'll be fine.

Puerto Rico be like

Theyre fucked as the utility companies over there have been drastically downsized. Electricity in particular will be scarce for the following 4-6 months.

Holy buttfuck. I didn't realize how big that fucker was. God damn.

i have flambly in broward county :<

seems like none of them give enough of a fuck to do anything beyond the usual shutter/groceries/gas routine tho so idk

Floridafag here. We are getting final deliveries at stores and the foodstuffs are flying off the shelves. Miami is fucked due to all the cranes around that are going to fly due to the womds.

*winds

this, not to mention all our infrastructure is outdated.

we already running low on booze here in jacksonville

#pray4booze4floridanons

This is a massive, extremely strong hurricane. I'm in Naples and hoping to get a ride north to Georgia tomorrow.

this is revenge for stealing and destroying land which doesnt belong to you

Try for alabama. North Georgia is in the path when it downgrades to a 1

Yes

Nothing like waiting until the last minute

I'm in Ocala, by the time it hits where I am its gonna be a Cat3 so it will be a bit more destructive than Matthew. I got a few gallons of water and I can stand not having electricity for a couple days. Only worry is covering my windows.

b8/10

i was thinking of this... all those giant cranes in brickell and miami beach

they're gonna take out huge ass buildings

floridanon here. I'm used to this kinda thing and I live a few blocks from the beach. I think the younger generation here isn't used to it because we didn't have a major hurricane where I live for like a decade before Matthew last year. Plus there's always other people that leave when there's a "mandatory evacuation".

It's dark right now, and we're not expecting tropical storm force winds until Saturday.

>womds
winds of mass destructions, eh? you're a poet, user.

No problem finding any wear I live

>between Kernan and Girvin off Atlantic

We will MAGA

That thing is way bigger than florida

Good luck. It took my friend 12 hours to drive from naples to Orlando the interstate was so congested.

>posts an Indian that's not a Seminole

What if this is an excuse for the govt to go into everyone's house while they've evacuated in order to bug their homes, and/or take inventory of your stuff?

What happens if you refuse to leave during a mandatory evacuation?

>Revenge against people that didn't do that

Ok Liam, time for bed.

you're on your own

they can't/won't send units to rescue you because the conditions are so bad

Then you're dead. There's a big, BIG CAT5 reason why south Florida should evacuate.

Christ. I hope they start doing contraflow. I don't want to be stuck in a car with my brother his gf and my dog for an entire day. But it's better than my apartment collapsing around me and me dying.

autism

Thanks for your expertise

It'll be bad. Harvey was flukey but was bad because it got stuck on Houston and rained for days. Irma will level houses instead of drowning them

Thank you fellow user. Typing from phone. Getting ready to evac.

I'm also in naples man I feel your pain.

Pompano Beach... Standing By ;)

>this is revenge for stealing and destroying land which doesnt belong to you

Like the Crusades?

since this is anonymous, what part? im in south Naples down by the manor and eagle lakes park. really worried about flooding if i end up staying.

Consider this: The hurricane basically went over a 3rd world country and leveled 90% of the structures. Only 10 people have died so far.

Sure, plenty of property damage, but if you aren't a dumbass, you won't die.

St. petersburg checking in.
Any florida boys not leaving???

keep voting red you dilts

My home in the keyes is gonna get flattened

I see you are a man of culture as well.

All you florida fucks that insist on riding this evil bitch out: When the winds start to kick up, throw your main breaker if you have access to it. Helps prevent fires and other unpleasantness when things start getting tossed about.

I live on the corner of pine ridge and 41

Image is bullshit. Irma is approximately 600 miles across; Andrew was 400

Ocala fag, I'm not. Me and a friend are probably go sun bathing during Irma.

>Irma is huge and a lot stronger than usual

Dumb fuck, it's the most powerful storm, to date, on record. Shit like this happens once an Eon.

Go ahead, pretend you can handle it. Irma gon rape Florida's ass.

Also unplug all electronics from walls / remove all batteries from them.
If there's any power surges, they won't get fried.
If your house floods, you can just dry them out after and they'll be fine.
Only reason water fries electronics is when they have an active power source.

Andrew was stronger. Irma peaked at 185mph winds. Andrew was 190

nice, i dont plan on going anywhere

>doesn't live in Florida
>still decides to shit talk
m8 you have no idea how not scary Hurricanes are til you've stayed in a hurricane proof house through a Cat 4-5 borderline Hurricane.

Electronics will also get fucked by impurities in the water drying on the circuit boards, causing shorts and frying. If your shit gets wet, it may be broke.

Florida is going to be hell, think of it like this right, all those crocodile fags will be able to swim around and attack people who are trying to get out

couldn't you rinse it in distilled water?

>Dumb fuck, it's the most powerful storm, to date, on record.

Well that's just not correct. Allen still has the fastest sustained winds at 190 mph and it doesn't even break into the top 10 for intensity (measured by barometric pressure).

Clean the PCBs, remove any rust, jump circuits as necessary.

This.
It is the largest though.

Irma is different from Harvey. Harvey stayed in one place too long and sank Houston. Irma is just gonna rip Florida's nuts off.

As Ron White once said, "It's not -that- the wind is blowin, it's -what- the wind is blowin". Hurricane proof house, huh? Is it "flying semi-truck" proof? Or "30 foot luxury yacht proof"?

You gon get raped by ma nature

Were out of fuel in fruit cove and green cove

whos that!!

>Ron White

please leave

Fake news being peddled by liberals, the mainstream media, and George Soros. After the fake hurricane Nancy Peloski and Al Gore will trot out climate change and carbon taxes again.

Go look on the national oceanic institute website, it isn't even a hurricane, just some heavy rain. This whole thing is a liberal conspiracy to fake you into accepting climate hoax carbon taxes.

That creates a different problem. Distilled water is pretty pure, and it's a great solvent. It's thirsty, so it will absorb metals from your device and cause corrosion.

Fixing PCB traces can require very delicate equipment. Unless you're a professional at the task, you likely lack the tools necessary to perform repairs on modern PCBs.

Actual size of Irma.

green text - tin hat

Submerge your computer in mineral oil.
It's the only way to be sure.

scientist predict that if the earth warmed 15 more degrees, hypercanes would become possible,
basically imagine a hurricane the size of the united states with top wind speeds of 800km/h and a 300km eye.

Mineral oil will cause the PCB to eventually separate. It will break down the resins that keep the fiberglass together.

> This is Sup Forums, nigger. You think I'm trying to give ACTUAL advice?

Well if you want to slurp down every bit of fake news from the MSM, be my guest. I tried to redpill you, but I guess some sheep just like being sheep.

good thing there's people like you who know better

Andrew was tiny net to Irma tho

Huricanes don't give a flyin fuck what your used to.

It's going to be the perfect storm
George Clooney and Mark Walhberg are gonna die in it
>don't tell nobody tho, it spoils the end

Sure, it's an interesting counterpoint to shitposting.

Advanced Weather Control

Fuck port rico. Pay your bills. Fucking scum bag niggers. That's why you'll never be a state. Only ever a territory.

That's cause it's night bro.

More fuel coming, but you should be fine that far north

If you are there, take pics.

Eh we're pretty used to it. Look for a post containing pictures of the storm in a few days with the caption: "Shit my guy lookit"
That's how you'll know it's me.
That is, if I get rain over on the west coast of Florida.

It's like you haven't actually looked at this thing yet.

Too bad it's only Cubans and niggers in Miami.

Fake news. Stop falling for Jew-Media. There is no 'hurricane' you cucks.

What part of weather control don't you get, you smuggo? Technology has advanced so much compared to fueled hurricanes of the past. You are going to get your ass handed to you, *even if* they don't stall this beast out over top of FL to flood the shit out of you.

>it's more like
Mother Nature, SUVs and God. Better pay your carbon taxes and recycle more, because God, SUVs and Mother Nature!

>Florida
>flooding for longer than 24 hours, if even that long
Confirmed for never having been in Florida.

Went to fort Lauderdale to catch a cruise, got there at 4am, fucking worse place than a blackface cartoon. I'm sorry to all my Sup Forumsros in FL, but I hope that coon ground shit hole gets destroyed and never to return

but none of that fucking matters compared to

WHERE IT IS LANDING

it is literally dividing florida up it's asshole and overcoming the entire state

GeoEngineering ASAP, a few elon musks need to start doing sulfate spraying from high altitude 747s, would be back to normal in 5 years for a few billion $

RIP just remember how smug you were when your shit gets rekt