Kiss

Is Kiss supposed to be good or bad? I assumed they were just a forgettable band based that party song that plays all the time on the radio, but I like this other song by them a lot youtube.com/watch?v=IbiFkS4XwG8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vorP5AjkH1U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

alive! is considered by music aficionados to be one of western culture's greatest achievements

I like some Kiss songs (Detroit Rock City, Parasite, Shock Me, Calling Dr. Love, etc), but I'm not a fan of them in general.

They have some really fun tracks. Gene Simmons however must hang.

They have some great hard rock songs throughout their career:

youtube.com/watch?v=vorP5AjkH1U

I can't really sit through a whole Kiss album without getting bored of them though. They're more of a song band to me.

They are really hit or miss, honestly. Some of their deep cuts are good, but they've made themselves into such a joke of a band it's hard to take any of their songs seriously.

Alive! and Alive II are both legitimately good albums. Their studio albums aren't really that good production wise and they stopped making good songs by the end of the 1970s. They also made a movie called The Elder that is considered one of the worst movies of all time and its soundtrack considered one of the worst albums ever made and they never recovered from that.

People only hate them because Gene is like an old Jew rockstar version of Kanye.

>a forgettable band
no they weren't

Actually 'Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park' is the movie I was thinking of. The Elder is different.

Detroit Rock City is a really fun movie, however.

the movie never happened. it was cancelled immediately after the elder failed to chart

Kiss sucks...always did, always will...they had to come up with outrageous costumes to distract people from realizing how crappy their music was.

Nice ellipses... faget....

>distract people from realizing how crappy their music was
It's just generic hard rock. Nothing particularly outlandish.

my fucking nigga, loved that film

...not an argument you stupid fucking pleb...

i find it funny how the only decent members of kiss, left kiss

i used to be all over kiss when i was younger.. like 16, no bully..
but honestly, they're not bad. their 70s stuff is nice.

>Nothing particularly outlandish.

its was piss poor rock then and its even more laughable with time. They sucked musically. Hence the costumes.

... no... it's definitely... an argument... don't piss me off... last warning....

Is there another example besides hard rock which came through a similar bottleneck creatively speaking, like if you run 100+ songs from different bands through an imaginary congruity software they all come up 95+% similar?

fuck off first...then kys...you ignorant fucking pleb.

Rap

Can you fags stop shilling Strutter?

Son, I've never felt closer to you

Good one, din't think of that. Rap as a concept has potential but is incredibly conventional most of the time.

Patrician taste

kiss is some great "get some pussy" band
I put on Dressed to Kill and the panties drop right off

>On the evening of May 22nd, 2011, Vinnie Vincent's wife, Diane Cusano, walked into the Rutherford County Sheriff's Department in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, 15 miles from her Smyrna home. She smelled of alcohol and was covered in blood. She told the on-duty deputy that her husband had slapped her face, grabbed her hair, dragged her through shattered glass and, as she tried to escape from their property, repeatedly hurled her to the ground. According to police, the two had been arguing over a conversation Vincent had had with another woman.

>Working on an arrest warrant, a fleet of squad cars arrived at Vincent's home. As a precautionary measure, Rutherford County deputies closed off the subdivision and requested SWAT backup. After refusing to answer his door for hours, Vincent was finally led away by the police. The cops charged the one-time Kiss hero with aggravated domestic assault. He spent the night in jail and was released on $10,000 bond the following morning.

>Upon entering Vincent's home, authorities found four dead dogs in sealed containers.

Detroit Rock City is a flick, not a film.

>Their studio albums aren't really that good production wise and they stopped making good songs by the end of the 1970s

There's a few good cuts on the 80s-90s stuff.

Your own, that is.

>member of Kiss for two years
Detroit Rock City is pure coming of age kino.

Haven't heard much Kiss, so don't have much of an opinion, but Strutter and Detroit Rock City are great songs

Put on Calling Dr. Love, their best song.

vinnie vincent saved KISS. show some respect