Post rock

Recommend me some post rock albums similar to pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/04/20/reince-priebus-plays-the-piano.cnn
youtube.com/watch?v=Ibu4bdRWCZQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Assuming you've already checked out the rest of their discography and all the side projects this is the closest I've found. Not the same though

forgot pic

i did it

cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/04/20/reince-priebus-plays-the-piano.cnn

not op what albums should i check out by silver mt zion?

All of them really. Pic related is probably most like gybe. He has left us alone is more chamber/classical with no guitars. Fuck off get free is heavier with sludge influence. Horses in the sky is more focused on vocals which might be a turnoff for some people cause of Efrim's voice. I'd start with pic related or fuck off get free.

They're not very Godspeed esque but Grails has produced some of my favorite post rock. Their whole discography is great but I'd recommend their latest album Chalice Hymnal, or an older Take Refuge in Clean Living

cool thanks. i listened to he has left us alone once and it was good but felt a lot less heavy

they used to sleep on the fuckin beaches

The entire third wave, but won't be as good

swans are dead - swans

No worries man. Yeah hhlua seemed a bit weak to me at first but it grew on me and it's my favourite by them now. You should probably start with fuck off get free. Pretty similar to modern gybe imo.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ibu4bdRWCZQ

This has a vaguely similar feel with the voice samples but it's more ambient and there's no crescendos

>crescendo core

Thanks for the input

Bump

>No mention of Oiseaux-Tempete
Check out both their self titled album and "Utopiya?". They aren't 100% like GY!BE but they're very loyal to the sound.

They're also French, but actual French instead of French-Canadian like GY!BE.

How come nobody has ever been able to properly replicate gybe's sound? Everyone here likes to point out how formulaic and simple it is but I haven't found a band that do what they do anywhere near as well as them.

Sheer French-Canadian anarch-communist autism anger.

I guess so, user

Because all other crescendo core bands are college liberals wanting attention and pussy

Does good crescendocore exist?

Bump

If you want spicy avant-garde crescendos, this is the album, especially The Manifold Curiosity.
because everyone rips off Mogwai instead