Hey Sup Forums how do you quit smoking? It seems like everytime I try to quit i say "This pack will be the last...

Hey Sup Forums how do you quit smoking? It seems like everytime I try to quit i say "This pack will be the last." But then the next pack becomes the last, then the next one. Idk what to do

Allen Carr's Easy Way Out

Worked for me just fine

just stop

cold turkey

only way that works

I did it that way

stop saying that gay shit and just bitch slap urself whenever you think of cigarettes

Replace the vice. You're not going to just forget about the urge to smoke without occupying yourself with something else.

Go for something healthy like lifting weights or running, as opposed to snacking or something, and stick with it.

Also someone recommended a rubber band around the wrist, to associate the need to smoke with pain, which will cause you to stop.

kek 10/10 advice

What are your triggers?

You stop buying them. That way you do not have them on hand, yes? Works.

It's a shitty habit. Maybe try buying yourself a bag of those peeled baby carrots and munching on those.

Just dont smoke you weak bitch. Its fucking easy to quit.

>Use a nicotine supplement
>Find something to fill the time you previously spent smoking
>Willpower
>Support from a friend or family member, or else a doctor or priest or whatever

If you've not tried these, you've not really tried to stop. It's really hard unfucking yourself from habits and expecting to just stop is a recipe for relapse.

/thread

Vaping is by far... BY FAR the easiest way to quit smoking. It's probably the only advertisement that honestly works. I was up to 1 and a half packs a day until I started vaping. I was 100% done with smoking cigs within a couple weeks. The smell and taste of cigs actually repulsed me after a while.

I don't know if it'll work for you, but it worked wonders for me and a lot of other people I know. Give it a try if you haven't.

Smoking is the mouth plug for adults.

Think about all the weed you could be buying instead.

Exactly. Smoking is about 70% habit and needing something to do with your mouth, which is why unironically, something like a fidget spinner exist. A lot of people smoke because it's somewhat a fidgeting habit- something to keep you hands and mind occupied. Which is another reason to switch to vaping- you still do the act that comforts you, except it's far healthier, doesn't smell, doesn't make you smell, and isn't messy.

>I have an opinion

Guarantee you have some infantile habit to Sup Forumsro. No need to look down on others for doing something you don't like, we're all friends here

to be serious, cut down how often you smoke noting the periodicity of your cigarette breaks and cutting out half a smoke to a smoke a day until you reach like 4 smokes, all spaced far apart if you didn't catch that.

After that kill yourself.

Use an alien 220w mod kit. 6mg Nic juice. Of whatever flavor juice is your liking. And as for people that say it's easy, they have never smoked... 30 plus years. And then tried to kick the habit. Remember it's not just Nicotine it's also the 7000+ addictive chemicals that you are trying to get away from. Good luck on quitting smoking. Start Vaping, you'll feel better after you hack up all the tar from your lungs. Might take 2 to 3 weeks. to do but in a year your lungs will start repairing it's self.

Humor me and read Allen Carr's book please
Smoking = brainwashing.

buy snus

It's easy. Imagine that your pack of cigarettes' value without the consumption taxes would be less than 10% (depending on which country do you actually live). For example, if a pack costs $5, its actual value would be something like 50 cents.

Now the gov't gets this money from you buying your cancer and gives them out as handouts to niggers (or the equivalent of niggers that there are in your country) as well as the partymen that comprise the gov't through nepotism.

You essentially subsidising them while getting cancer.

That's how i did it, and i smoked 2 packs (20cigs) a day for like 15 years

Most people haven't smoked 30+ years- this is Sup Forums. Most people aren't even 30+ years.
I've smoked heavily for 7 and quitting was easy as pie because of vaping, so I feel the need to tell anyone who's trying to quit to just try it.. But you're right otherwise. I imagine it wont be nearly as easy if you've been doing it for decades.

Really you need a life...

I used hot chilies, every time I got the urge to have a smoke a ate a chili. Four days later the urges faded away.
Now I am 4 years without smokes.

Burning tabacco smells great though you cunt

>being so mad you literally stop a 15 year habit
I'll never be that mad, mate.

Set yourself a managable goal first. Like 30 days, AT THE START OF THE MONTH SAY TO YOURSELF i wont smoke a single time untill the end of the month. The trick is that by the end of the month you dont have to go back, it will have gotten easier to reaist and you have the option to double down. The longer your streak is the more momentum it has and the more likely it will continue. It helps when you start noticing the positive effects it has on your health day to day too. Im building up a really great no fap streak and i feel better than i have in years using this method. Good luck

pic related

V A P E N A T I O N
Do you happen to know anything about the chemicals in your e-juice and their side effects?

Ok, thanks user.

You should try it, being mad or hating something is very motivating

>pic related

Oh dear user

Depends on what you mean. When I was smoking I used to love the smell and taste, however after I stopped, it made me nauseated and disgusted. I never regret my house and myself not smelling like a shit, even if the smell of tobacco is good.

Start Sucking dick OP

What worked for me was the patch. Cig addiction is a two part additction: physical need for nicotine and the mental process. While on the patch you can work on the mental side while still getting the physical need for nicotine. I did patch for two weeks and then up and quit--I'm on 3 years without a puff. My mantra was simply "nope" any time I considered cheating. Also "cigarettes is fuh chumps."I smoked 13 years and when turning 26 realized half my fucking life I was a smokerfag. You can do it faggot.

also: don't listen to vape fags they smoke more fucking vape than real cigarettes I'm certain

I just made a bet with a really close friend we both wanted to quit smoking. For each cig we would smoke we would have to pay each other 10 bucks. Obv i didnt want to lose 10 bucks for a fucking cig so i havent touched one for 3 years. And since it was a close friend i wouldnt smoke one and lie to him. Incase you dont have a close friend do it, do it with someone out of your family you wouldnt want to lie to.

Well I've been smoking cigs for nearly a decade until I started vaping for only a few weeks and quit cigs cold turkey. It's not a competition to see who fucked up their lungs more, it's about getting help before our health becomes irrecoverable.

why even start smoking in the first place faggots

betting my left testicle that 80% of you started when underage under peer pressure

enjoy ur cancer weaklings

a shit load of people are 30+ on here

Uncle used to smoke around me all the time when I was a kid. Grew up loving the fuck out of the smell. Around 18 I started buying packs and smoking 1 pack every month, then it turned into a pack a day.
Wasn't peer pressure for me, just other form of dumbassery.

You simply stop smoking out of sheer willpower. YOU are in control of your actions and YOU are responsible for them. As a wise man once said "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

A shit-load isn't necessarily most, and even if, no one has been smoking for 30 years and are 30 years old, which means that even less people who've been smoking for 30 years are over 45 years old taking advice from Sup Forums.

throw out all your cigs
dumbass

Keep smoking. It's a good way to weed out the weak genes from the pool.

>vice
>weights or running

Are you retarded?

I turned to vaping

Lol you realize welfare, Medicare and all other social benefits programs are a tiny fraction compared to the money spent on promoting different lobby it's values or defense (i.e the millitary industrial complex). I always find it comical when people talk about how much money a nigger takes and forget hat a single missile can cost over a million dollars. And we just blow those up.

stop buying them. And if you drink, Don't drink. Shits hard dude. going on 9 days with out one myself.

vidya user, the answer is vidya

the question is: are you still addicted to nicotine? Vapefags don't actually solve the problem they just substitute one delivery method for another

I am, but with vaping, I'm not straight up killing myself while being addicted to it. I plan to tackle the nicotine addiction at some point, but for now, I''m just happy to be able to smell and breath again.