Both these teams lost in the Owl because they didn't run the ball to win it against Brady

>le seahawks lost because of a bad play call
I'm seriously tired of explaining why this is the most plebeian of opinions.

>throwing it over the middle when you have at least two plays left

Maybe you have to explain it a lot because you're wrong.

This, Sup Forums is so casual it hurts

With the time they had left combined with the fact they had only 1 timeout, they would have had to pass at least once to have a chance at using all their downs. Also Marshawn sucked in short yardage situations, especially at the goalline. In the season he only managed to get in from the 1 yard line 1 in 5 times. There had been 150+ passes from the goalline in the season and none of them resulted in a pick. The call makes perfect sense, you throw it because statistically the worst thing that's likely to happen is it falls incomplete, in which case the clock is stopped and you can run another play without wasting a timeout. Take a look at the pick, it was an incredible play by Butler, it's not like it was a guaranteed pick if he passed. Learn some more about your own sport, moron.

Both these teams lost in the Owl because their starting Quarterback isn't Eli Manning.

ftfy :)

>Falcons
>Seahawks

Both birds, and they both lost, coincidence???

Don't forget the Eagles

Good post

>play against Bill Belichick
>go to lame pick slant you've used a dozen times this season on the goaline from the same formation
>play so obvious even a nickel corner can sniff it out and jump it because they practiced it 100 times
>s-statistics though!

Even if Butler didn't pick it off, you risk a D-lineman tipping the ball, your receiver bobbling the ball, etc.

Play 1: dive with Lynch and call timeout right after it fails (7 seconds at the most)
Play 2: fade route. Incompletion stops the clock or TD (6 seconds at the most)
Play 3: Dumb pick slant everyone and their mother knows is coming

It's cute when Euros pretend to know anything about football.

your argument relies entirely on hypotheticals that you crafted specifically to support your argument, i backed mine up with actual statistics

>Butler admits they specifically practiced against that play on the goalline because the dumbhawks always run it from the exact same formation

>team practises against common plays of the other team
Water is wet, it was still very difficult to pull the interception off and in no way was the play doomed to end in an interception just because they knew they might try it. The Pats won the superbowl with a great play, the Seahawks didn't lose because of a bad play. But I'm sure you know more than the coach who has a superbowl win and gets paid millions to do his job, why do the Seahawks pay him when they could just get advice from Sup Forums for free? Dumb armchair coach.

>why do the Seahawks pay him when they could just get advice from Sup Forums for free?

Because they wouldn't have thrown that interception on the goal line, faggot. And we would do it

>for free

Kek. Based bong understands football better than my fellow burger. Look at the formation of the defensive line on that play. Look at all the guys on the line of scrimmage trying to make sure a run doesn't happen. That combined with the other two points of the time/timeout situation and Lynch's inability to close at 1 and goal made that pass the right call. Incredible play by Butler.

A good post.

One thing I'd say in support of giving it to Lynch is that he was just coming off some big runs, and there's something to be said about maintaining momentum and giving to ball to the guy with the hot hands.

I still think your spot on though.

>"Don't give ground. If you see that formation, you have to be on it."

>These are the words Belichick tells Butler during practice in the week leading up to this year's Super Bowl. If the Seahawks line up near the goal line with two wide receivers bunched together -- and according to Ernie Adams' research, they very well might -- it will be Brandon Browner's job to jam the holy hell out of the first receiver and the other corner's job to jump the second receiver's slant route.

>"If you see that formation, you have to just jump it."

People will literally defend the Xehawks running the most predictable play in human history.

That's another thing I didn't really mention. Pass was the right call but I don't know enough about which routes the hawks ran during the (post)season at goal to really adjudicate on the specific routes of the two receivers.

You're probably right on the route part. Due to the defensive formation though I maintain that a pass was the right call.

It's pretty fucking amazing.

I enjoy watching football but don't know much about strategy. Is it belichick mind tricks or something? How the fuck does this happen twice in three years?

My team is the lions, so this isn't some sour grapes thing.

Not birds, but the Rams and Panthers are also animal themed. While the Giants are not.

Falcons fucked up. Seahawks just got unlucky and were a victim of an incredible play by Butler/Browner.

Sort of different. Hightower fumble with as pretty incredible. 2/2 on conversions. Also the falcons got like 3 penalties in a row which was fucking amateur hour. Clutch af receptions. Some of the best ball ever played in 15 minutes.

Compare that to a clutch play prediction.

Exactly this. People act like Butler's play was easy. It was a great look and he still BARELY got that pick. It was literally getting lofted into the receiver's hands when Butler got the ball. Rewatch the play and you'll see, if Butler is even a half step late on that read, it's a Seattle TD. A half step short from Butler and people would be talking about how Carroll outfoxed the defensive guru Belichick. The Pats were 100% lined up to stop a run, anyone can see that. Passing was a great choice that just didn't work out.

>>Not outfoxing one of the greatest defensive minds in NFL history is being predictable.

The Falcons choice to run had WAY less to do with them losing than the three consecutive penalties.

Another interesting, yet unproven, aspect of that play call; was Pete Carroll trying to make Wilson the hero knowing Lynch was on his way out?
Was it foolish pride?

Would certainly explain Lynch's big stupid grin and head shake walking back to the bench after what he had to think might be his last ever down of organized football.

You know the playcall isn't as important as Wilson fucking it up right?

In that scenario, you do not throw an interception. You either have the man open, bootleg and run or you throw it away.

I believe that is wasn't a good call, but by no means is the OC/HC fault.

Fuck Wilson.

The Falcons wouldn't have those penalties/sacks if they run, though.

They were in the 22 yard line with first and 10 after Julio's ridiculous catch. You run the ball 3 times and kick the field goal. It really is that simple.

I've heard that a couple times on First Take/Undisputed, but not sure how much stock to put into it

>Run ball; Have success
>Run ball; Have success
>Run ball; Have success
>Run ball; Have success
>"HEY GUYS, LET'S SWITCH IT UP AND THROW OVER THE MIDDLE"

He wasn't trying to make anyone a hero. He (or Bevell) chose to pass because it was the call that gave them the highest chance of scoring a TD over the course of 3 plays.

A lot of football coaches follow the philosophy of never putting the game in the hands (on the leg?) of the kicker unless as an absolute last resort.

The Falcons had one of the best offenses in the history of the NFL and the MVP as their Quarterback, I can understand putting their trust in Ryan. As a Pats fan, I'm glad it didn't work, but I understand their thinking.

Great point on Wilson.

>le Belichick
>le Butler

That play is made entirely by Brandon Browner stuffing the rub route. If Seattle had played the matchups and moved Browner's matchup away from the play, Revis/whoever would have given up enough ground to delay Butler.

The Seahawks beat themselves, but only because they forgot why they made Browner relevant in the first place. Patsies are literally too fucking stupid to realize this.

He didn't "throw an interception", the ball placement wasn't perfect but far more critical was the receiver's weak play on the ball. No team in the league "waits to see" if the guy is open on that play.

The OC blamed the receiver for a weak effort, and while he wasn't wrong, he's still responsible for calling that play for the 5th string WR with no attempt to better the matchup. The big 6'5 fucker wasn't even in on that play.