What Messi was the best Messi? (I'm talking about every season he's been at Barcelona)

What Messi was the best Messi? (I'm talking about every season he's been at Barcelona)
For me its pic related or maybe 2010 - 2011 Messi

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Mo1v1E1v0lc
youtu.be/lj2ONbb3944
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Obviously the 73 goal season, even though they lost the league and cl

I agree that the 2011-2012 season was fantastic for him at an individual level, but the next season he was on fucking fire, if he didn't got injured against psg (plus the fact that vilanova was already struggling with his illness by fucking march) he could have probably had his best season individually and collectively since I don't think they would have got raped by Bayern with a fit Messi and healthy vilanova

Possibly, but we'll never know. The 11-12 will probably never be topped unless Messi move to CF and cuts out the false 9 shit

2011-12 he literally carried the entire team.

He was a God 2012

Prime Xavi was the best Messi

Mm yeah, I don't think he'll ever manage to score 91 goals in year again, maybe if barcelona start playing really good again and even then he would still need the kinda help that Ronaldo from his teammates at Real Madrid

It doesn't help having Andre Gomes and old Iniesta given the job of creating chances

I miss the old Messi
Straight from the go Messi
Under control Messi
Ball in the goal Messi
I hate the new Messi
The blond 'do Messi
All those tattoos Messi
Constantly lose Messi
I miss the young Messi
The real fun Messi
I gotta say at that time I liked to watch Messi
See he invented Messis
It wasn't any Messis
And now I look and look around and there's so many Messis
I used to love Messi
I used to love Messi
I even had the Argie kit I thought I was Messi
What if Messi made a thread about Messi
Called I miss the old Messi?
Man that'd be so Messi
That's all it was Messi
We still love Messi
And I love you like Messi loves Messi

People always rate his 11/12 season a his best because of stats but he was underwhelming in the big games and stat padded hard in the second half of the season

The season before, 10/11, was peak Messi in terms of overall performance.

I don't think Iniesta' so age is the problems, it's just that the guy seems to be made of glass in the last 2 years, it's not like he is carrying a bad injure like Puyol did

>you will probably never see selfish Messi again
youtu.be/Mo1v1E1v0lc
youtu.be/lj2ONbb3944

>People always rate his 11/12 season a his best because of stats but he was underwhelming in the big games and stat padded hard in the second half of the season
Two reasons I don't like thus argument
1. Stat padding doesn't really make sense; there's nothing wrong with scoring lots of goals
2. Plenty of other greats, such as both Ronaldos, have faced these same teams and couldn't get the same numbers

They should Sell Neymar and Suarez, Take the 300mil and build everything around Messi desu

Beating up on cannon fodder shouldn't be rated higher than putting in great performances against good teams

Scored 3 Goals and 2 assists in Supacopa vs Real Madrid. My point is other greats faced those shit teams too and couldn't put on the same performance making Messi still realitivley better

The only one you can compare is Cristiano, because he's played in the same era with a similar quality super team.

Fat Ronaldo had Casillas, Zidane, Raul, Figo and Makelele

10/11 and 14/15

But he carried the team the hardest in 12/13, that team was dogshit without him

That was post-injury. Also the galacticos were nowhere near as dominant as Barca. They had no balance.

I think selling Neymar would be enough, you can do pretty good signings with 150m, selling Suarez would me madness though

He's too friendly with him. We need something to force him into the dominant position
>150m
Manure are willing to give 200m

>selling Suarez
Literally why? He's the perfect striker to pair with Messi. Perfect understanding on and ofc the pitch

If we are discussing about how to return Messi to his old "solo Messi" self, then you are right, Pedro and Tello were perfect for him, they didn't gave a fuck about themselves

Punished Messi

Happy mullet Messi

>it's not like he is carrying a bad injure like Puyol did

Well, he's old and doesn't have Xavi to sub him every game now.

No one would give 150m for a single player, but EVEN if they did it, 85m alone would go for Verratti.

This

>2 assists from Fabregas
Was he actually pretty brilliant in that 3-3-1-3?

Mecha Messi

He was always brilliant in August-November but completely faded by March

unironically this. he's going to take WC 2018 by fucking storm and the only thing we'll be able to do is stare in awe

For me, it's Zlatan Ibrahimovic

10/11 is his best version, no doubt about it. Those who watched all of his games that season know he was fucking unplayable.

this

beatles messi was best messi

When a player like messi is beating up cannon fodder the big teams try harder to mark him.

Would you rather go easy against midtable teams and use his energy on one game against Real Madrid?

2010-2011
that team deserved the sextuple titles

Man United would. They make so much money anyway it doesn't matter, their revenue is only increasing as well.