Why has it fallen out of fashion to wear hats...

Why has it fallen out of fashion to wear hats? How is it that in the 50+ years since JFK made them passe that nobody has repopularized them? About the only people I see wearing hats outside of the military and police are cowboys, farmers and degenerates wearing fitted caps or beanies. I don't even see neckbeards wearing fedoras.

Hipsters do wear hats, beaners, berrets, those knit things, etc.

But a FEZ?

Fez + epaulette's dress suit master race here desu

What the fuck is going on in this thread

Beanies are getting more popular (what is a fashion crime tho)

>Why has it fallen out of fashion to wear hats
Cars. People don't go outdoors anymore.

Hats were just a sign for a long time.
Think of top hats, bowlers all those fancy military hats and so on. They are fancy, sure, but not practical.
Of course things overall change too, what was fancy and dandy centuries ago would be just seemed weird and odd. Would you go walk around with a powdered wig or a top hat?

Beanies are the height of degeneracy desu. If you're wearing one and it's not cold out, you're a colossal faggot.

tfw no god tier ushanka for the winter

Wearing hats will cause baldness. It won't allow hair to get air.

tfw mom used to make me wear a balaclava when I was kid but I had to stop wearing it when puberty hit because a grown up guy wearing it looks suspicious as fuck in a city

Hat was more of a status thing, that it is not now, because commoners couldn't afford something that expensive.

Now it's mostly for the cold and latest winters even at our place were not as cruel. Also, cars and public transportation.

You always have the beret. They look like they're nice enough hats.

Many neck beards like yourself still wear hats

Hats are mostly a girl's thing here nowadays

I actually don't see many neckbeards wearing fedoras.

in the 90's there was a short lived fad of young girls wearing them here, now they are usually found on some prat in University spouting philosophy.

shes in the muslim brotherhood user, tred carefully

>tfw beret will never be a male cloth again
>tfw neither will the skirt

the fez was created after the ottomons slaughters thousands of christians and dipped their hats in their blood, fyi

The baseball hat is timeless, fashionable, utilitarian, and worn the world over. It will never be out of style.

user pls

It's quite possible that we're living in a cultural dark age.

Dark ages have happened throughout history, most notably in Greece, which had no less than three seperate dark ages. And they had simple markers: Population centres moved away from places that were beneficial to trade, to places that were easily defended. They went from bays to hilltops. And art became more crude, people started caring less about appearances.

Look at Western culture now. Look at what has become of art, of public appearance, of famous people. It fits all the cultural criteria.

Actually hat is more utilitarian. Sunburned ears are not nice.

>Fez + epaulette's dress suit master race here desu
Shriner/10

uhh thiqqqer

you sit inside an insulated office and commute to and from your insulated home in your insulated car

hats, like everything people create, are tools. The march of progress has made it a redundant form of protection.

You could say the same about a lot of things though.

Trump is making hats great again

Yes, for example sidewalks. Most American cities don't have these or if they do they are an afterthought. A basic staple of all human cities for 99% of human history became absent from American cities around 1950. The ancient man would be totally lost inside Dallas or Atlanta, as they wouldn't understand what a "crosswalk" is or why they are only give 40 inches of space to walk on while everything is so far away. The automobile has fundamentally changed how people build and perceive cities.

The hat is just a causality of modern convenience, like many other things. Look at what happens when you expose someone who grew up in an old apartment building, one with a wall-mounted heater rather than central heating. They continue to sit near the heater vent although it's not necessary anymore.

>40" sidewalks
If you're lucky. It's great when you actually have a really wide pedestrian path.

If you actually went outside you might need them