Holy shit how is this is so good

holy shit how is this is so good

Magic

>inb4 they ripped off talk talk

They didn't at all, they just both had a similar approach to making music; generally very stressful recording that lasted a long time and they took it seriously. With Talk Talk they recorded in dimly lit rooms and oil lights and incense or something and with Hex they played in an old chapel for the acoustics. Not to say that this would work for any band, but I can only imagine it comes through in the music a bit. Both bands have an atmosphere about them that I don't think any one else has really captured

even if they did (they didn't), I don't understand why people care. Music isn't a contest to see who did what first. You enjoy it or you don't. The only people who care about shit like that are fags who think their music taste makes them interesting and "cool", i.e., deluded narcissistic fuckwads who probably can't even hum their favorite songs in tune.

Yeah I totally agree. I only said that cause plebs here say they're a talk talk ripoff every time this album is mentioned. I love both bands but hex is genius and better than laughing stock imo.

Spirit of Eden > Laughing Stock

Can't wait for the reissue this year.

>this is what barking psychotics believe

Correct but hex > spirit of eden

First album: 1994
Second album: 2004
Third album: 3XX4

How bad is it that I enjoy Dustsucker more than Hex? I love Hex as well though.

Not bad at all it's a great album. I'd have a hard time choosing a favorite from the two.

Not bad at all. They have different styles but dustsucker is brilliant and probably one of the best comeback albums of all time

>listening to Shapeshifter at a moment when your life is changing its status quo and you're leaving something behind
Nothing beats this feel.

Grimes and adeath Grips. I don't care if they are good, they both started as memes in here.

plebs only care about how the music sounds rather than in conjunction with how it was composed

How about going for a comfy nightwalk through the town and looking out over the city lights while listening to hex

Why does it matter how it was made? Doesn't change the quality of the music

holy shit how is this so awful

I fucking love the vocals on that song, I overlooked Codename for way too long and just listened to Hex. Even all the EP's have a heap of great songs on them

Is there anything else similar to Talk Talk or Bark Psychosis?

>tfw even if Hollis released a new album it wouldn't have any jazz or rock elements left

Nothing really compares to them in my opinion, but it's probably worth checking out .O.rang which has 2 former Talk Talk members (though I personally don't care for it that much) and of course theres Mark Hollis' solo album which is amazing if you havn't heard it. The Blue Nile comes close in terms of atmosphere, but is way more synthpop/ballad oriented which isn't everyone's thing.

Slowdive - Pygmalion gets compared to them a lot. I was disappointed with it though

If Hollis releases a new album it will be 50 minutes of silence

Boring, soulless wankery

You done?