Artists whos fan base turned you off

I thought 2014 Forest Hills Drive was pretty good till I talked to some J. Cole fans. They act like he's the smartest most amazing rapper when he's just a very watered down Kanye.

Nirvana(wouldnt have listened anyway)
Led zeppelin
Kiss
Acdc
Drake
any country singer from the last 20 years
Blink 182
green day
Sublime
any punk band ever
any hardcore/screamo/emo band ever
Frank Sinatra
Elvis
Eminem

Everything on this board

MGMT
Mac Demarco
Tame Impala
Love all three of them but their fans make me want to avoid them like the plague. Bunch of degenerative Marxist millenials

pretty much every pop punk band

Most artists in the spotlight get so many dumb kids who listen to their shit for 10 minutes and act like they are god and there is no better music. NAV was really good to me until after myself, up, the man and take me simple. I started falling off his music right when OVO and everyone really started promoting his music although im glad he got popular as he deserves it. That being said no fanbase will turn me away from listening to a song because if I like it, I like it.

Radiohead is the biggest one for me, I haven't met a single fan of theirs that isn't immensely insufferable

Holy fuck I forgot about tame impala. I was immediatly turned off when this bartard asked me "do you know who tame impala is" "their music is so fucking good, I love tripping to it". I actually wanted to off myself right there.

Sad to say I went through that phase during senior year through to my first year of college. Just tripped on acid the first time and thought I was fucking Aldous Huxley.

this is the most pretentious thread ever. just let people enjoy things even if it's not as important to them as it is for you.

found the cringe fan

Radiohead has such such a big fanbase that there are bound to be some (or many) insufferable fans. But there are still respectable but passionate fans out there for them. I don't think the annoying fans are in the majority

None, I generally don't speak to their fan base, and when I do I simply accept that not all who share my interests will be likeable; most people are bare minimum tolerable when it comes to music fans.

biggie. He's a great rapper, but fucking random kiddos act like he and tupac are the greatest things to ever happen to music

grimes, dream theater, and death grips by far

people can never stop shilling grimes when her music is just bland synth pop, i fail to see why people think shes the "greatest musician ever", while dream theater fans are as pretentious as the band and DG fans are a bunch of hipsters who also praise fantano

theres no denying these three fanbases are objectively the worst

>I generally don't speak to their fan base
>is on Sup Forums

how is that even possible?

I will never listen to Grimes because of this board.

Any artist that is popular in a mainstream sense or has a cult following has a terrible fanbase, because people are awful when it comes to discussing arts. It's true of anything. Just talk to pretty much anyone who love Transformers to death and people who love Fight Club to death. Forget the quality, the people that circlejerk both are fucking obnoxious. Quit being a pleb and listen to music for how it sounds.

the thing that gets me about Blond is that if it wasn't a Frank Ocean album (as in the frank Ocean who released Channel Orange and got hugely popular from that), i'm almost positive most of his fans would have dismissed it as too weird or boring.
personally, it's one of my favourite albums of all time, but it's funny what a name can do for a release

>ctrl+f beyonce
>no results
I normally don't care about fanbases, but hers is a whole new level of toxic

Kendrick is literally impossible to talk about because of both sides

Beyonce makes bad music, I wouldn't listen even if she practiced her dance routine on my dick.

ummm

Tool
Beyonce
Rihanna
Frank Ocean
Mac Demarco
SZA
All EDM ever
Drake

it's not a matter of shaming them for liking the artist - it's the things that fans of these artists are associated with, whether it's fucking vaping or sucking off tom delonge's tom deshclonge

We got a patrician here, everybody!

this is perfectly reasonable, these are all mainstream bands, and the general population is retarded

SZA has fans?

girls

I'd imagine it's the same hype like with most TDE artists

Eminem fans ruined hip hop

>whos

I lied about listening to her to get laid once jej

>people can never stop shilling grimes when her music is just bland synth pop
If her music is bland synthpop I'm Pope Francis. Literally nothing else sounds like her music. The hype is completely guaranteed. You're just mad because you were BTFO by her fans.

Good. You don't deserve to hear her music.

tragic post

Everything that gets posted on front-page Sup Forums more than once at a time.
Grimes.

Anything black females latch on to
Beyonce, Solange, Nicki Minaj, SZA etc

You b rayciss n shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

He's nothing like Kanye lyrically, sonically, personality wise...did you even try with that comparison? Fucking idiot

neo folk in it's entirety

>Grimes.
>misogynist detected

Good point, I meant in person but no fan bases really irk me on Sup Forums (although grimesposters are a bit obnoxious)

tfw Blond was my favorite album of 2016 and I'm just a fairly normal straight dude

theres this dude who works at the burrito place I go to that wants to be frank ocean so badly tho, I guess that kinda guy would be annoying

That's funny. I'm from Norway, love these bands, but they don't realle have a fanbase per se. All kinds of people like them. I come from mainly punk/hardcore myself.

people like you disgust me

>proving my point

because you assume that someone doesn't like a female artist because her autistically devoted fanbase is misogyny

frank ocean is dean blunt for normies.

> Ne-yo for women's studies dropouts with too many piercings

he said something really inoffensive to you and you're this mad?

do you think you take life too seriously?

this. because then white girls latch onto it and both start shrieking about how this brand of bland top 40 is actually empowering and liberating and surprisingly deep and you're sexist/racist/have AIDS if you dislike it

stop hating her, you misogynist nitwit

yep. it's pure shit music but you get mad pussy pretending to like it and called a racist trump kkk nazi if you dont

no you don't lmao start larping.
im conservative and get nothing but liberals who rather date somebody who challenges their views than a tampon boy like yourself pretending.

did i just get baited or did i just get baited

tell me how to get libshit pussy as a rightie

be attractive, be fun to talk to, be a reasonable person, get off the internet etc

>get off the internet
yeah no thanks

No it's not, this is exactly why people hate Grimes fans.

dumbest post in this thread maybe

I know you're braindead and all, but is it possible he wasn't comparing their sound

this, MGMT is a little more tolerable from what I've seen (probably only because they haven't put out music recently) but this is the basic "indie" fanbase that jerks off anything that's slightly weird or experimental.

solange's album was great though lemonade was cool too

anything with a very small fanbase

anything with an extremely large fanbase

never said those album weren't good, it's just unpleasant interacting with people who's music interests are directly related to their identity. It makes any criticism of these artists a direct personal attack

t.normie

>"very watered down Kanye"
No, I don't think it's possible. Nice emotional response though, kid. Good luck in high school.

drake