How would one get a prescription for dextroamphetamine? I have really bad concentration problems...

How would one get a prescription for dextroamphetamine? I have really bad concentration problems, like I just can't focus at all on anything and it's fucking with my life hard. I've been to a general practitioner and asked about it and he said I had to go to a psychiatrist. I live in australia so >inb4 why not just get adderall.
Is there any other way to get a prescript without seeing a psychiatrist? That shits expensive as fuck
I also was thinking about trying to get modafinil.

If you're in university or something there are sometimes way to get a psychiatric assessment and have it paid for by someone else (eg. government program).

Also, Adderall is both better than Dexadrine and at least as hard to get a hold of, retard.

If you are in AUS, your GP can do a mental health care plan which you can use to get like 5 sessions with a bulk billing shrink. Medicare takes care of it.

you have to put in like 10 minutes of thought and give up an afternoon of your time, here in the states anyway.

You already fucked up the first part since you're asking a question that is answered in the fucking paperwork that comes with the meds

States is easier, in dumbass commonwealth countries they require a formal psychiatric assessment to give out those meds (and the assessment needs to be renewed every so many years). In the US it's often sufficient to talk to your doctor and convince them you have the symptoms.

Even though you're lazy as fuck and will probably fail, I will give you a pearl of wisdom that very well may not mean shit for you, so you're fucking welcome

Turf the test and note that they probably have someone watching you via camera. But don't turf it too much... How much is too much? Who the fuck knows...

I intentionally turfed my 4 hour evaluation and was diagnosed with adult ADHD or whatever you want to call it and a learning disability (either turfed too hard or I may actually be retarded, oh well...)

But you don't want to go to their headshrinky doctors that will want to treat you with stratera or fucking anti-depressants or some other stupid shit.

So you take the results back to your doctor who isn't an expert on that shit and he'll be like 'shit, this dude is all fucking retarded AND has ADHD... I'm a GP, and I've heard of adderall once at a convention somewhere, so you get adderall.

Slowly increase dose over time.

Can you not read? I live in australia, adderall is illegal in australia, retard

Fuck your shit. I spent four hours pretending to not be able to do stupid shit like sit still, repeat back series of numbers a few seconds after hearing them, and so on and so forth.

I earned that shit.

Murica!

so any ausfags here that can help me?

Man I miss those caps. Used to take a piece of gum, lick it and then pour those beads on it. Proceed to chew the gum and fucking love life.

Murican reporting in
What type of test is this that doesnt require weeks of psychotherapy?
I'm currently interested in getting adderall to help with my motivation

In the states I just told my doctor I heard about it, thought I had it, did some online questionnaires, and gave some examples of annoying things in my life.

In Canada I had to do get a psychological assessment with a psychologist (spanning about 10-12 hours over 4 meetings). They did a number of tests to rule out other possibilities (eg. "sorry user, you don't have ADD, you're just a low IQ brainlet") asked me questions, etc...

Lots of testing out there is mainly there to rule out other possibilities and to catch fakers (fakers exaggerate the symptoms and perform way worse than normal people on tests while people with ADD perform similar to normal people said tests). You are a fucking idiot for doing that shit.

>prohibitive
>racist
>backwards as fuck
lmao, how is that conservative mecca working out for you?

Same Murican
No health insurance. No help
All out of pocket

dood, if youre trying to get dextroamphetamine, you need to take a step back, try 5HTP with a B-vitamin first

that is if youre just using it for what its meant, and not for the amphetamine

My friend told me you had to have tests done now. In america. What the fuck

That might be true. What I did in the US was about 10 years ago. See your doctor and ask them about it, they will be able to tell you better and might refer you to a psychologist (alternatively, if you go to university or something then ask their accessibility services people about it; ADD is a lifelong disability and they should have information about getting it assessed).

If you do an assessment then a psychologist will just ask you a bunch of questions and have you do a bunch of tests (think standardized testing and IQ tests). Just act normal for that, the main things supporting your assessment will be in the interview/testimony/questions portion and in some handouts that you (and possibly someone who knows you well) may be asked to fill out (if you don't want your parents involved then they'll understand).

There might be some computer testing involved as well (stuff I mentioned to catch fakers), you can read all about that by looking up the research papers (it's ridiculously effective at catching fakers because apparently fakers act like complete fucking retards).

>weeks of psychotherapy
That's treatment. You should be able to decide what sort of treatment you want to seek. Medication is another form of treatment and typically people do a combination of medication and lifestyle changes.

Its not like they can hand out meds like pez, too many degenerates take shit just for kek's

I have no insurance. So ill have to save up

My lifestyle has changed very drastically( ended my battle w alcohol six months ago )
I had one when my friend offered it to me and it made my life bearable and productive.

I know. I was on stratera as a kid.
30yr oldfag now

I know plenty of people who went to Concentration Camps to fix their attention span problems.

>without seeing a psychiatrist?
you have to see a psychiatrist to be prescribed medicine. psychiatrists deal with mental disorders and went to school for medicine. most doctors recognize drug-seeking behavior and avoid prescribing drugs to those people... so the best way to get the drugs is to exhibit the symptoms in class and get sent to talk to a counselor (about your lack of focus) they will usually talk to your parents and refer you to a psychiatrist. try not to ever appear to want drugs. try not to tell the doctors that you have adhd. let them diagnose you with it by your general explanations of what its like to experience lack of focus on a daily basis. if they want to try some other bullshit drug you arent interested in just say "ok ill try it" then in your next session tell them it isnt working and they will usually move onto the next drug