The Walking Dead season 7 is now on Netflix

The Walking Dead season 7 is now on Netflix
I watched season 6 out of a desperate hope that the show would go back the awesome it was in the first few seasons
but I didn't like season 6 (or even 4 and 5) very much
too much Rick being an arrogant fucking retard and getting everyone killed, and not enough zombies
with that in mind should I watch season 7 and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/robert-kirkman-is-one-of-several-producers-suing-amc-ov-1797841579
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you not tired of zombies after 7 years?

I'd say go back and read the comic, way better pacing and twists imo

the zombie fest is only a few days a year, as I watch it through netflix
and they are such a huge McGuffin that for them to become an afterthought in recent seasons kinda ruins the whole thing for me

I only liked the series after the started moving away from zombie enemies. I still don't understand how a rotting corpse can but somebody and take a chunk out of them. Their teeth should fall out as soon as they bite down. Not to mention their rotted jaw muscles would snap under the strain.

yeah that takes a huge effort of suspension of disbelief
but as it is the core concept of the show, it really has to be done to enjoy the show at all

and I do like that the antagonism has included other survivor groups
but all of them (including Retard Rick's group) seem to just ignore the fact that there are roaming hoards of human eating monsters everywhere except for on the rare occasion that they kill someone
that kind of complacency should lead to many more deaths and close calls than have happened

This.
TWD jumped the shark for me when they got to the farm. All down hill from there.

the farm was decent because it showed the dichotomy of needing to increase the tribe's size to ensure generational survival and the risk of interacting with strangers

then there is the fact that all their efforts to survive ultimately mean fuck all because they haven't been fucking
in the 3ish years that have passed in the show there have been 6 main characters that are fertile women, and possible a 7th depending on if the old chick whose husband beat her has gone through menopause
if they really gave a fuck about survival and rebuilding society there would be almost a dozen infants and toddlers in the group
and that is just from main characters, the number of kids there should be jumps when you start including all the passing characters that were around long enough to get knocked up, the number of women in the Governor's city, and the number of women in the last functioning and well defended city that Rick caused to be wiped out

I would like it better if the zombies all died off and it dealt with humanity rebuilding civilization.

that would be a great way to deal with the zombie problem
that was exactly what the "bad guy" in 28 days later thought would happen
and even if they don't go away because of starvation like in 28 days later
TWD clearly shows that zombies decay over time, so eventually all the zombies would become so decayed that they couldn't move
but no, the zombies are still around but being ignored by the survivors

Yeah, but having babies is an incredibly dangerous thing when they are like little alarms that would constantly draw zombies. The only way having children make any sense is if you have a walled up city with good defenses. I feel that if this really happened people would kill their babies in order to keep the zombies away. Who cares about the future if you die today?

Watch the first episode of season 7 and go from there

and this thread has made me notice that Rick is a major problem for me
does Rick die in season 7? preferably at the hands of the group he has been leading to their repeated downfalls

Agreed. If you're taking issue with Rick being arrogant, definitely watch the first episode. if that doesn't hook you, then stop watching

>walled up city with good defenses
like the Governor's city
or the prison
or the Hub
or the hospital with slaver cops
or the city in season 6
or the city under Neegan's dominion with the doctor
or the city the wolves destroyed (although we learned very little about it and it could have had kids)

OK
you convinced me
if this thread is around in ~40min I'll let you know what I thought
otherwise thanks for the advise

The only way to watch walking dead is if you can marathon it IMO. The pacing is a fucking drag.

Yeah but a lot of those places got destroyed. I think that having babies around would have lead to a lot of the characters either getting killed or the characters killing their babies. It's a bad angle to try and write around because people would get all upset if the main charters killed babies. That is one of the reasons Judith dies as a baby in the comics.

>a lot of those places got destroyed
because of Rick
if that walking disaster had never showed up all but the prison and the city the wolves wiped out would still be around

What city?

this. i hadn't watched it in years but i just started at 6 and now season 7 dropped and I'm smokin blunts working my way through right now. I'm desensitized because of internet, but that shit is violent as fuck and horrifying if you can empathize with the characters. holy shit. that season 7 intro tho..

in the city where the heat is on

in the ciiiiiiiiity city of Compton

I get that the writers want to keep the story moving but the way they go about it is dumb. Rick will never die (unless it is at the very end) and they will never stay in one place more than 2 seasons. If you can live with this formula then the show is ok. it is pretty much the same plot points just in different locations.

in the main groups travels from the ruins of the prison to the main location in season 6 they came across some one who said they were from a city safe from zombies
when they got there they found the perimeter had been breached and the residents were dead, undead, or gone with out a trace

Bunch of Hollywood faggots being chased around by zombies. Awesome.

Well they have been in Alexandria for over two seasons and in the comics they have been there for over 100 issues and there are times jumps in the comics so they will be there for a long time.

>Season 1 Epic
>Season 2 Very Good (Shane was the best character)
>Season 3 Action Pack!

The rest is SHIT!
They always step on a bear trap and never learn from their mistakes...

Or they always talks about their Faith or
Emotions when they are surrounded by Zombies... What they hell man?

There is nothing good about this show since Season 3...
Season 4 had a few good episode like the Prison Fight with the governor...
But other then that, its gone down the toilet ever since...

Tara is the worst character ever been created for a TV show.
I gave up at the Applesauce thing...
Who wouldn't want to eat their own fucking applesauce they brought with them...
Because it make yourself more Manlier? In a zombie post apocalyptic world? REALLY?

Always this show as a weird focus on food and fucking Ninja Goat or whatever...
Who is writing this show now? Some Angry Fat Diabetic Feminist Womens? Who prefer to talk about Surviving instead of showing them actually trying to surviving...

Fuck this show man... its time to STOP!

maybe it was early in season 5 then
but I it was just after they fucked over the Hub and right before they found Alexandria
or it might have been part of the group that found it
but it started the plot line with the wolves that went nowhere

>part of the group that found it
before gathering at the Hub

haha never thought too much about the applesauce part but that's hilarious now that you mention it.

In the city of dreams,
You get caught up
In the schemes
And fall apart in the seam

It literally made me rage quite the show...

Negan is the only thing that keeps me watching the show any more. After All Out War, I'm probably going to quit watching

lmao thats funny. i enjoy the show alot but i dont nitpick or critique i just watch. It was my favorite show until Preacher came along.

His fucking goal to that Aaron faggot was the make sure Rick and his gang follow him to Alexandria...
But he refused to ate his own fucking apple sauce...

Well maybe he is allergic to apple or some shit like that... You try to give the writer the benefit of the doubt...

BUT FUCKING NO! HE JUST ATE TO MANY AS A KID BECAUSE HIS MOTHER WANNED TO MAKE HIM MORE MANLIER!!!

FUCK THIS SHOW!!!

DID I FUCKING MISS SOMETHING OR HAS IT NOT HAPPENED YET?

pretty sure a few of rick's people where suppose to get their heads whacked off and put on spikes to "designate" boundaries between the two territories

I love Negan. Finally there is actually a great villain. Obviously comic Negan is better but i don't blame AMC for watering him down, i blame Kirkman, he made Negan knowing that they couldn't put comic version Negan on TV

lmao

They haven't made it to that part in the show yet.

I usually don't ether... But they focus on Surviving a lot and they run around in circle without applying their surviving skills...

They always rely on luck! Just like in that Infamous Terminus shit...

Theres
>Rick
>Michonne
>Daryl
>And Son

Why do they hide their guns and enters the Terminus all together if there might be a Trap inside which end up be a Cannibal Hangout!

They all suddenly forgot how to fucking sneak?
Or why did Rick put a fucking gun at them when he is Surrounded by them? did he forgot that 300 vs 4 was a bad idea?

The writing on this show makes no sense...

Game of Thrones is about zombies now, WTF?

Allergy to the applesauce would make more sense, It seems like to me that they were really trying to get the point across that Aaron is gay before he starts sucking dick.

Game of Thrones is about White Zombies...

People are in love with douchebags and nobody has a soul anymore. It's good to step on or shit on anyone or anything in your way because you've given up thinking about other people in a positive way. Now you're ready for most modern television.

Fucking SJW in my Zombiw show man...

Fucking Walking Dead Red Pill me... T-T

Please. A few episodes into season 2 and I realized the writers were on no man's land with the plot and characters. And yes I have the whole series binging in hopes it would get back.

Fucking SJW in my Zombiw show man...

Fucking Walking Dead Red Pilled me... T-T

But at least you had Shane

It would have been better as an anthology.

Every season would have a new cast set in a different city.

Yeah, but to be fair this was the worst season yet.

Yeah, because Fear the Walking Dead is so good.

agreed
Fear of the Walking Dead so far has been great
but I know the writers are going to fuck it up the same way they fucked up TWD

OUCH! lol

After a year, you're done with the stale characters.

Season 6 was also terrible...
HOLD DOOR
And meet the parents with fucking Fat Samwell
Also Arya copy and paste Theater... Grrrrr...

fucking show went off the rails into shitland after the governor in all honesty.

YES Negan are still both great characters and most of their scenes are solid but the rest of the show has suffered. Just really poor direction/too many episodes to fill out so we get a ton of boring shit

damn it
just finished 7-1
this show is manages to be bad enough that I don't want to watch it
but it keeps the potential of being good to the point that I feel I have to watch it

also
it was nice that Rick finally got shown how his retard decisions put everyone around him in danger
too bad Maggie is becomeing the new Rick

Negan and Rick*

I actually think I'm watching out of habit at this point.

Agree...
Expect Negan is not a good character...
He is simply played by a good actor.

That fucking burn face Dwight should have been played by Steven Ogg

Also i didn't understand why the Giant in John Snow team was afraid of small spear in close range when they were surrounded by them

Its a fucking Giant! He should have Hulk Smash them!

But he ain't scared of fucking arrows anymore? WTF!
Season 6 was the worst...

read the comic instead

it was good when frank darabont directed, which was up until the second season
amc wanted him to make twice as many episodes as season 1 with half the budget, which obviously made it shit
so he left and they got a mediocre second rate director instead, you'll notice a significant drop in quality around midseason 2 and this is the reason why

Agree!
But it gets boring after

SPOILER ALERT!

Negan get Capture..

The rest is prefect though.

yes... YES!!!!

pretty much. if another network was able to pickup TWD and get Darabont back it could recover

Also there is a big shit fest going on right now at amc too. kirkman is SUING them for their fucks ups

Really? What fucks up?
Got any links?

io9.gizmodo.com/robert-kirkman-is-one-of-several-producers-suing-amc-ov-1797841579

fuck it
watching 7-1
Neegan's crew just showed up for their pigs
I'm done
fuck this gay ass series

Oh shit. Alpert, Kirkman AND Gale?! Fuck, AMC is fucking up

>1
meant 2