Normally I'm fine with death...

Normally I'm fine with death, but sometimes out of the blue often when watching science vids about the death of the universe it just hits me and the most gut turning feeling goes throughout my holl body how do you cope with death.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xi9rNrQlXo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you remember that you came from nothing and thats where you return

you house car jewlery are stupid and dont matter, spend that money making your loved ones happy

that's all true but still doesn't stop the fear

you spent way more time not being alive

if youre realyl that worried about it just make sure youll have people who remember you when youre gone

be good to people dude its easy

i wouldn't think about death, until i started thinking about the universe. to the point that i would give myself a panic attack.

figured out there is no escaping death and started to accept it.

i know it sounds depressing knowing that the universe has to end eventually but remember the big bang happened out of nothing. so it might be possible another universe might be born, but that is just me.

I fear death aswell, I mean I don't get why some people end up accepting it, I want to exist forever to see the end of the story

>you spent way more time not being alive

That's wrong.

Think about the day you were born.

From the beginning of the universe, up until that day, you never existed. How did it feel? Did it hurt?

No. It felt like nothing.

You've already not-existed for billions of years, you're just going to do that again.

that is how i started
ended up learning that the body wasn't meant to last past a 100 unless we evolve somehow

cryo its expensive and it is not guaranteed

and uploading your consciousness doesn't even work. you are just creating an artificial intelligence that is a copy of your personality.

What you are experiencing is a normal human moment. We all go through it. Try to keep yourself occupied to think about it less. With a little luck death with be instantaneous and all your fears will be for naught

If death is inevitable, may as well die for something that's worth fighting for.

Kill a few communists.

yeah how could you even transfer consciousness and be 100% certain it's you i feel we need to learn more about consciousness though to be certain we can't do it

Think about the "ship of theseus" paradox.

If you slowly replace every organ in your body, one at a time, with an artificial organ, at what point are you no longer.. you?

Brain life support

Death is a door , ull be back user.

chromosome caps were out and they will no longer replace cells eventually it just stops but gene splicing could stop that

my bet is some kind of software controlled liquid environment like in the sci fi movies

Accept that millions have done it before, and trillions will do it after. Just hope it doesn't hurt going out.
To be worried about your own death would be selfish. And to think death is the end is pessimistic. Get excited about what could possibly happen after. Maybe reincarnation, heaven, you're a ghost, whatever you want man.

You cunts need a job. If you've got a job, you need a more mentally taxing job.

Your minds are idle, and the crap (though true), in this thread should not concern you so.

tl;dr get gud, welfare theologians.

>Love's Executioner
Irvin Yalom

Existential psychotherapy from the perspective of the therapist.

Read some his other shit. You're welcome /bro.

lately its by looking at the life I have lived so far. Both the parts in my control and the parts out of my control.

I have legit hated my life. I would honestly prefer there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

I can only put up with this shit for so long.

freud believed that the fear of death is an irrational fear since all fear it is based on experience. so the likelihood of being afraid of dying relates to an unresolved childhood conflict.

I don't intend on dying because I am alive eternally in Jesus Christ

That doesnt make sense. I'm afraid of getting shot, but that's rational because it leads to injury

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xi9rNrQlXo

Eat my nigger cum

Freud also copped to being full of shit on his deathbed and admitting he thiught it was something more align to the neurobiological understanding we are grasping at today.

Fuck Freud.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
>Sometimes a faggot is just a

OP the fear comes from attachment. when you are attached to something and it is ripped away, you become very heartbroken. This is a buddhist philosophy. 3 days ago I was cry my fucking eyes out at the fact that Im not gonna be here anymore, and anything I ever thought myself to be would disapate. It is a hard thing to do, and Im still trying but we have to stop being attached to our identities. Everything we think ourselfs to be, physically mentally and personality. We have to live in the moment, and let what goes go. When it comes, we can enjoy it, but to avoid suffering we must not be attached. Everything ends and begins, when we die we will become one with the UNIverse. Uni= 1. All our cells will break down into atoms and we will transform. Thats all death is. Unity. Living is division, death is unity. Dont be afraid. Realize the fear of death is the fear of loss. You cant lose what you dont hold on to. Im not saying act recklessly I am saying live in the moment, appreciate it while you have it.