For those with very specific tastes in music...

For those with very specific tastes in music, how do you deal with the fact that Normie music has saturated most social places? Does it annoy you?

No because I am not a child and most popular music is actually very easy on the ears.

>For those of you who act like pretentious faggots, how do you deal with being such a massive faggot? Does it annoy you to be such a massive intolerable up-his own ass retard?

I don't go outside

Not someone with specific taste but hearing top 40 pop at a store pisses me off a little

The only time I "mind" normie music, is when there's like a get together and one person just starts blaring their pop-punk or top 40 shit. My motto had always been, "it's okay to like shit music, but don't make me listen to it." Its also due to the fact that I have this slight anxiety that if I'm around somebody playing shitty, people will think that by association I also like it

Not really, because I can still find a lot of things I enjoy about normie music.

But I really do wish I had a friend I could talk about my shitty middlebrow taste with. I have nobody. The last person who I could actually be myself with is dying of cancer two states away. I have a gf, I have friends, I even have a great job. But I don't feel like I have anyone I can actually relate with.

I'm tired of having to hear ToP or watch the same Disney movies or talk about the latest Marvel movie or hear about what YA Fiction novel everyone is reading. I don't wanna have to see that blank stare on my friends faces when I show them my favorite movie, or hear them say "yeah that was a pretty good song" when I put something on.

I don't have great taste really, but I feel like I'm trapped between the mainstream and the pseudo-intellectual.

I'm just really...tired

i only listen to crazy frog

i dont go to "social places" much

I wonder why people like you both are doing here. I checked Facebook and Instagram and they are working perfectly why don't you go back?

This probably sounds like shitty generic advice, but try hanging out outside more. I was in a similar situation to you before I started going out to shows/parties/cafes/hobby shops/whatever, and it really changed the game for me. I was able to find a lot of people with similar taste as mine despite me having anxiety issues around strangers.

For people like them, this place is a secret club

I tune it out

>if I'm around somebody playing shitty, people will think that by association I also like it

pure autism

No because the reason I have "good" taste is because I've realized I'm below normies.

I walk around with headphones all the time, I almost never hear popular music out and about, or at all really. Last time I was exposed to that shit regularly was when I still in high school almost a decade ago, where my dad would listen to the radio. I don't feel like I'm missing much.

I do, actually. Fuck, I just got back from watching a movie with a bunch of friends (Mega Mind, which wasn't bad, but if I have to see another kid's movie I think I might actually kill myself).

I'm gonna try harder though. I get out a lot, more than I used to. I do get anxiety around strangers, but that's eased up and is pretty much gone

Yeah, but it does happen. It's not the same as something just being on the radio, I mean like people playing from their library, if you're around them then you seem to be part of it

Mega Mind is pretty high tier as far as kid's movies go. Don't lose hope boyo.

Oh no, I'm with you. I really thought it was pretty good.
I'm gonna stay strong, breh. I'm not trying to find a patrician to hang out with. I just want someone to have shit taste with me

Something that really helped me with social anxiety is that everybody is too worried about what other people are thinking to really give much thought into what they think about you

You are into music because you want to make music and have that be "your purpose". But you can't. So instead you revolve you're life around analyzing the music that everyone else is making.
Other people don't care about music that much, so they just listen to whatever. This angers you.

Honestly the only place that I really hate hearing too 40s music is in hospitals/doctors offices. Like I'm sitting there in pain waiting on what could be a life changing diagnosis and I got to hear "this is my fight song, blah blah blah"

I deal with this by avoiding doctors offices and telling girls that that rash on my penis is just " a weird birthmark"

You always have an anonymous imageboards full of pretentious people to fall back on user, don't forget that.

Oh I'm pretty good on the anxiety front. It used to be bad my whole life, but I worked it out. Fuck, I have two of the most normie, social jobs on the planet

>Reporter
>Marketer

I'm not allowed to be anxious

I know. It's bee alright. But it ain't the same. I miss my friend. I miss walking around at night with him talking about space. I miss sharing music and yelling about how great it is.

I miss my friend.

>le Sup Forums is any better than Facebook
Stop this meme. The only difference is here people call each other normies and want to feel superior.

Do you really can't stand some semi loud music in the background?