ITT: debate someone who's an evolution fag, please leave your autism with the crocoduck

ITT: debate someone who's an evolution fag, please leave your autism with the crocoduck

Other urls found in this thread:

millerandlevine.com/km/evol/DI/Mousetrap.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not calling it a quackodile

The earth is flat.
Checkmate atheist

I have to say, I'm a fan of this new name

The flat earth is indeed being hidden by NASA- why don't metal boats sink in water if gravity is real??

What about longcat ?
And

Yes!!!!!!!

Longcat is a mix of snek an cat
checkmet

bump

Could religion be explained as a psychological evolutionary mechanism which allowed larger groups of mutually interested organisms to co-habit and ultimately cooperate. I could go on but that's my first question.

Quite possibly, people have an innate tendency to believe there's *more* out there, and for many atheism doesn't come to them naturally, or feel natural. I don't know how you could measure this to find out, but looking at data sets and trends could probably shed more light on it

(cont, didn't want thread to 404), living together is biologically beneficial, so religion and evolution could in theory influence one another

Religion is tied to the frontal lobe in the brain, people who get lobotomys (cant spell) will often report spirtlessness or the inability to believe in a higher power.

Basically I do think religion helped us but biologically I believe it is more humans desire to understand and when a human can't understand anything they say god did it.

I can agree with this, biologically speaking it's helpful to not live in fear of the unknown and instead attribute things to god

It was pretty mediocre

what?

Look up flagella motors. Do you think they could have evolved through chaos alone?

Yes, individual parts of the motor could be created, evolve on their own with their own function and then combine with other parts through chaos

Not OP, but: Yes.
Stop that flagella bullshit, it was even disproven in court.
Also, evolution is not "Chaos".

But some of the part only exist to allow the motor to function and have no other use. They'd have had to evolve multiple traits which provide no use to the organism until they suddenly all come together as a motor.

For what its worth I actually believe in evolution, I'm just throwing a counter argument out. It baffles me that chance could produce something with the complexity of a motor on such a small scale.

This^ (OP)

millerandlevine.com/km/evol/DI/Mousetrap.html
Ever heard of the mousetrap analogy

>it was even disproven in court

What did he mean by this? The motors were disproven? Wut?

Also evolution is the result of chaos, as new traits come into being by unintended and sometimes maladaptive mutation. It's a pot luck, the result of our reproductive process being imperfect and allowing for random chance. That's what I meant, chaos as in disorder.

the concept of the motors being unable to evolve was disproven, that's what he meant

Good link user, thanks

In court? Since when did courts settle scientific disputes. Source?

What did God evolve from?

no problem man

most likely when they involve whether or not evolution should be taught in school

Himself, apparently

>never heard of Scopes Monkey Trial

Kids these days

we both just ended this man's career

was gonna go with duckodile, but this is better

can't be beat

It has a T-rex look about it

How about snapaquack

I think my thread has been hijacked to rename the crocoduck