Joe Rogan on why he never competed in the UFC in his Prime

youtube.com/watch?v=eLdRpAXI3Y0
>If i was competing still while the UFC was around, i probably would have done something

what would have he done?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x_nyuuuJjh0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ2ZPmEfjvU
youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30
youtube.com/watch?v=BKrf7mX_R6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe, was in many tae kwon do tournaments and has brutal kicks

In the late 90s there was minimal talent in the UFC. Dudes like Tank Abbot were fighting. Sure Joe would have got his ass kicked by Frank Shamrock, Kerr and Coleman -- but he could have beaten up some of the bums that were fighting.

He would've done fine. .500 record or so. Talent pool wasn't deep and he had the nerves and striking experience to handle competition.

On it's face yeah it does look like the "I would've been a 50-0 UFC champ I just didn't feel like it" spiel that everyone and their mother gives.

>what would have he done?
His back in, probably.

is it true GSP said Joe is better fighter than him?

the thing is, it just wasn't very attractive to do so unless you were a complete fucking maniac

>hey you wanna have a no rules fight for barely any money against a roided up monster
>"yea sure why not"

you needed to be completely fucking insane to compete in the UFC back in the day, i actually trained at the school of remco pardoel a long time ago (ufc 2 competitor) and he told me exactly how fucking insane it was

Weren't there no weight classes in early UFC if I remember correctly? They'd have lots of meme matches, usually consisting of a tiny, asian martial arts black belt against some behemoth muscle man.

With that being said, rogan was a champion fighter when he was younger, so its very possible

He was a Taekwondo champ that had some jiu jitsu skills. Would've been better than a lot of fighters in those tournaments

I love how every single "sport celebrity" says that they would've competed in the UFC if it was popular back then. What a load of crap.

They had less than 200lbs, and 200+.

Is there any video of Rogan fighting anyone in any martial arts? Are we just taking his word he was champion material or what?

Is it because he was doing sitcoms, and shitty network TV shows like News Radio and Fear Factor?

yeah no shit Joe Rogan, we're all just trying to make it in this world

youtu.be/x_nyuuuJjh0

probably cuz' he's a pussy and just talks a lot?

>hurr durr, I train at gyms

t. every wannabe

UFC was pretty low-quality back then, I doubt Rogan would have been a champ or anything but he would have won some fights.

retard's spent too much time in the isolation tank

Where are those faggots who swore the mma autists on this board weren't delusional about a schmuck like Rogan hahahaha, I never get tired of people pretending he's hiding his super saiyan mode or some shit. It's even worse than the Bruce Lee delusion

DUDE MOUNTAIN LIONS

I don't think anyone is saying that Rogan is secretly some super fighter. Just that UFC was shit 20 years ago and any guy with a lot of martial arts training could have had a decent run.

There were threads some years ago about how the only reason he wasn't a champion was because he was too nice
Started when people kept posting that video where he chokes some guy; same thing happened when Anderson had Seagal in the ring, people went on about how he would've been a champ, calling him sensei
Rogan starts this himself and then pretends to be humble when people talk about it, going on about almost fighting Wesley Snipes as if passenger 57 is real life
Uncle Rico in the flesh

Oh.

.....you see that video of a Siberian tiger fucking up a chinese guy?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ2ZPmEfjvU

This

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30

Jesus, that's comfy.

>dogs can't see an orange toy in green grass

That explains so much.

>Jamie pull that up

youtube.com/watch?v=BKrf7mX_R6M

Literally no one is implying that

Holy shit.

>you see that video of some manlet one-hit KO'ing a dude
>no?
>jamie pull that video up, god damn

Explosive Joseph was too skinny in those days, no TRT or Onnit.
If he was about 5 inches taller and juiced to the gills he would have fit in pretty well.