Has any other genre rose to such popular heights so crash and burn so quickly?

Has any other genre rose to such popular heights so crash and burn so quickly?

Like in a period of 3 years, rose out of nowhere to being in fucking everything and everywhere, to disappearing off the face of the earth.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QpOnn8NQuAc
youtu.be/qkIvs6Z-5Ms?t=29m3s
youtube.com/watch?v=99-slOptQzs
youtube.com/watch?v=AYoPaVV-qk8
youtu.be/MM7UuYbrTE8?t=2m45s
youtube.com/watch?v=UFeLMFUWmWo
youtube.com/watch?v=Pj5ra-Zh1R4
ektoplazm.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Disco, crunk.

I still listen to this sometimes when I hate myself more than usual.
youtube.com/watch?v=QpOnn8NQuAc

crashed & burned in 2008 in time for 'merica to play with the charred remains...
Americans literally have no idea how good it was

Brostep was obnoxious fucking shit. I have no idea why it was popular in the first place. But like most major club genres, once it hits commercials and shit, it becomes uncool and dies.

It's not cool to be playing stuff in dance clubs that is also being played in commercials.

Once brostep crashed and burned, it was replaced by Trap.

Americans never got "real dubstep" anyway. That shit pretty much never left the UK really.

I actually miss brostep, trap got old 4 years ago and it's still popular.
When will the next meme genre get big?

wat, hes still touring sold out shows constantly for like 8 years straight

future bass is already boring lol

when did you realize skrillex is patrician?

>When will the next meme genre get big?

Psytrance is the next meme genre. It's already hit mainstream at all the festivals in Europe, Australia and one of the big US festivals is changing to Psytrance later this year (Eclipse)

youtu.be/qkIvs6Z-5Ms?t=29m3s

The difference between Psytrance and broshit is Psytrance is actually good and has real energy.

Soony Moore > Skrillex
youtube.com/watch?v=99-slOptQzs

Oh yes, I'm starting to get annoyed by the vocal chops.
Not a trance fan, but this sounds cool.

that wasnt psytrance

That track timestamped is Israeli psytrance. Same stuff as Vini Vici, Infected Mushroom, Bliss etc.

Actual hardcore psytrance is never going to become popular because it sounds like R2D2 being raped by a jackhammer.

grunge

>tfw you marked the wrong timestamp
that shit is great i wish it would become popular here

naw, grunge got absorbed just like any rock style...

psytrance is not mainstream material at all, deep house/future bass has been most successfull recent trends

someone got a good playlist to get into this shit?

>psytrance
>good

>Psytrance is the next meme genre

is it 2001 again?

quick reminder of what dubstep actually was
youtube.com/watch?v=AYoPaVV-qk8

I wish it was.

2/10 bait.

this is chillstep. lacks the agression and degeneracy that defines real dubstep.

good one.

Not even 2001, like 1994 was the last time psychedelic trance, goa and shit was popular.
But yeah, Psytrance has become pretty massive again, large in part to Vini Vici.

youtu.be/MM7UuYbrTE8?t=2m45s

I mean you would not hear this shit at Tomorrowland even a year back.

>even if I spent 2004 listening to Morissey in my car I'M BETTER OFF ALONE THAN I WOULD BE IN YOUR ARMS

i hate grimes

It went Brostep then the scenes attached to Brostep split, one side went to "Festival Trap" the other side went to "Melbourne Bounce".
Melbourne Bounce then got stale as fuck, and because Melbourne Bounce is already just pretty much super commercial prog Psy, the Melbourne Bounce scene just jumped ship to the Prog Psytrance scene with shit like Neelix. Meanwhile in the Trance scene, Bigroom was dying and people like Simon Patterson, John Askew, Vini Vici started dropping psytrance in festival sets, everyone went ballistic at the rolling basslines and now Psytrance has overtaken the Trance scene.

So on one hand, you had the Skrillex Broshit scene find Psytrance through Melbourne Bounce, and on the other hand, the Trance scene rediscovered Psytrance through big Trance DJ's taking a risk and playing Psy.

>psytrance
>good

youtube.com/watch?v=UFeLMFUWmWo

Pleb

me too

>you
>relevant

psytrance will never really dig its way out of the underground, the closest it's got is the vini vici chanting shit (e.g. the track you posted) and that can't really replicate on a meme scale

Meme rap and vaporwave was like 3 years. 2013-2016ish and now they're dying.

That's a good thing, we don't want normies ruining it.

It's still going, but it's not too great. Dubloadz recently made an album and it's one of the best dubstep albums there is.

Riddim is currently the trend, and it'll die come January. People are already mocking it in good ways, but the problem is that it's all just one beat. No depth, just some "atmosphere" and lots of bass

It isn't really dead, just a lot less obnoxious. It transitioned into Trap, Glitch-Hop and other generic EDM you get at plebby festivals.

kek

Glitch hop is dead as well. And I kinda miss it.

le secrit club
muh obscure genre all to myself
im so speshul

That's right bitch. Love and peace now!

>EDM fan detected.

>is infected mushroom psytrance?

>popular meme genre
dancehall and tropical house

omg

>Trap, Glitch-Hop and other generic EDM you get at plebby festivals.
such absolutely awful genres. I hate telling people I like techno in the states because they assume I like the fucking chainsmokers or something

reminder scary monsters was ghost produced

All i remember about dupstep was that UFK playlist on youtube

Dubstep was dead by the time Skrillex and America bastardised it.

where the hell are you hearing glitch hop?

The only good thing to come out of Brostep was melodic Brostep.

britstep is trash dude

Except the part where it isn't, you embarrassing pile of knobrot

xD

I want that stupid dutch music, gabber or hardstyle or whatever it's called now to be the next big thing. It sounds fucking funny.

Except it really wasn't "dude".

Goa Gil practically invented the stuff. Here's a mix by him.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pj5ra-Zh1R4

Here you go guys thank me later

ektoplazm.com/

without those the shit metall riffs and kick drumming this could've been actual emo
kinda

sonny moore was my crush in 2005 and fftl was my favorite band

this reunion show was like a fucking dream but the new single they released was pretty lame so it's kinda bittersweet

didn't pay Trent's royalties.

Reznor shut him down.