What does Sup Forums think about flat earth?

What does Sup Forums think about flat earth?

youtube.com/watch?v=I5ZN289jjDo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vmqv-WuBP0A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firmament
encyclopedia.com/science/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/auguste-piccard-and-paul-kipfer-are-first-enter-stratosphere
youtube.com/watch?v=S4oT2EbDONs
youtube.com/watch?v=6w9i9I39gzo
youtube.com/watch?v=zEqDbsPUgH8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> 4 hour
tl;dw

I'm sure you idiots have some kind of opinion on this.

youtube.com/watch?v=vmqv-WuBP0A

A shorter one plus there are plenty more. The first one I posted you would need to watch to get enough information.

Are there no people here with an opinion on this topic willing to debate?

Is this topic even too radical for Sup Forums?

I don't.

You should since you can't show me any proof that the earth is a sphere. All that you can show me is CGI garbage.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firmament

The earth is FLAT people do you not care that you have been lied to?

Here's the deal: there are three types of Flat Earthers who regularly post to Sup Forums: assholes who troll for spite, asshole intellectuals who troll to test your knowledge and debate skills, and literal Bible interpreters (LBIs). They all have the freedom to make shit up (lie) because truth and understanding are not their goals, and they end the arguments with "prove me wrong." This nefariously places the onus on you to spend your precious life's time to provide information already available that they haven't and won't consider. By disavowing any science or proofs put forward and continuing to make shit up, they "win" by eroding your patience. It is simply impossible to keep up with having to explain away the barrage of assaults violating the most basic principles of geometry, math, science, and logic.

They aren't interested in critical thinking, refuse to put in the requisite effort to do the science, are blind to 3D visualization, and regularly refuse to respond when they can't fabricate anything that would pass even their own red-faced test. LBIs concentrate on believing what their leaders tell them while ironically calling you a "sheeple," and will not allow any sense to mar their fractured perception of the universe. They believe their interpretation of the Bible is flawless, and are actually trying to save your soul. The trolls will simply post sillier arguments and regularly resort to insults and taunts often implying or accusing you of being complicit in conspiracies to keep you posting.

In any case there is simply no arguing. Like trying to paint over mud, you just end up with a dirty brush.

I've never seen any curvature at all of the planet. Also there is no proof that the earth is a sphere. people believe the earth is a sphere because they were taught that. Produce a real picture from outer space.

Well show us some non-illustrated proof the earth is flat

>Produce a real picture from outer space.
You're not the first rodeo, troll.
There is nothing you would accept as "real."

Show me proof the earth is a ball.

I'm not even trolling I don't believe the earth is spinning around in space and I think NASA is a total lie.

You're the minority, so the burden of proof is on you.

Also, there's nothing I could show you that you haven't seen and passed as fake yet, so what gives.

As a side note. GPS. I work with it on a daily basis and it works surprisingly well, considering the coordinate system it uses is.. spherical.

I understand what you are saying but you can at least admit that we have no real pictures of the earth from space.

It uses high power ground based towers.

Did you know that China landed on the moon? Have you seen that garbage footage? The people of China actually believe that. Now tell me you haven't been fooled.

That is the practical part. The theory is still that it uses a spherical projection. Which hardly works on a flat earth.

Also, you are avoiding to post proof. Why aren't we using a flat X/Y coordinate system to navigate earth?

Give us something.

>It uses high power ground based towers.
>They all have the freedom to make shit up (lie) because truth and understanding are not their goals

>but you can at least admit that we have no real pictures of the earth from space.
No, I can't. *You* can, because that's part of trolling. I am not taking you seriously. I can't do that either.

The apparent retrograde motion of Mars proves the heliocentric model of the Solar System.

For that matter, *all* planets, asteroids, and comets to.
But you're falling for the troll. He does not care about proofs. He's here to get lulls by wasting your time.

Is there something to debate?

You want to debate if water is wet ?
Next youll want to debate that theres more that 2 genders

Shipping lanes and planes are using it right now to navigate the earth.

I've never seen mars. I have seen Polaris and I don't know why that never moves. I'm not trying to convince someone of either of these heliocentric or geocentric ideas I just want the truth and there is not a lot of evidence of the heliocentric theory.

>there is not a lot of evidence of the heliocentric theory.
Very explicitly and unquestionably at this point, you have not had a serious look.
This is definitely a troll thread.

Had a look at what? I can see the horizon and its a straight line. Stand on the beach and look at the ocean. I can show you that but you can show me a ball. You guys want proof from me I can show you plenty but there is none of a spherical earth.

>I've never seen a parrot, so it must not exist.

Just because you're too fucking lazy to buy a telescope and look at Mars doesn't mean other people are.

It's stupid. There are centuries of science and math concepts that all verify/build on the idea of a "round" earth. There's a shitload of technology that takes advantage of this FACT and wouldn't work the same in the fictional flat earth. One of these is your fucking cellphone, which operates on UHF frequencies, which are line of site. You carry this around with you all day and have no idea how it works, but presume to claim that the earth is fucking flat. Get bent.

>Next youll want to debate that theres more that 2 genders

>Had a look at what?
Playing innocently stupid doesn't fly.

>What does Sup Forums think about flat earth?
So retarded an idea it's not worth serious thought or discussion. It's on the same level as fairies at the bottom of the garden, or believing in Father Christmas

Flat earth, your mom have flat earth on her chest. I know it I fucked her

Still no proof. Only claims.

Made me fucking kek

An intellectually interesting approach, if not entirely without merit

Man, this video is just so all over the place.
>NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON SAYS THE EARTH IS PEAR-SHAPED
>NASA ON THEIR WEBSITE SHOWS A BALL EARTH
>SOMEONE IS NOT TELLING THE TRUTH
>PEOPLE ASK WHY
>OPRAH'S PRODUCTION STUDIOS IS CALLED HARPO STUDIOS
>MICHAEL JACKSON DID THE MOONWALK
>EVERYTHING IS REVERSED
>EVERYONE IS LYING TO US
>OPEN YOUR EYES

As far as the theory goes, every fucking time someone shows 'proof' that it's flat, it's usually a video of the earth from space, and say "Look at it, it's flat", when it's obviously a sphere

Water is dry.
Look, it flows on your arm moron

Why can't NASA supply us with a photo of the earth?

This guy said he saw a disc with up turned edges.

encyclopedia.com/science/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/auguste-piccard-and-paul-kipfer-are-first-enter-stratosphere

Arguments for flat Earth:
>but I don't see any curve!
Arguments against flat Earth:
>gravity
>relativity

Wheres the satellites? Why are there no satellites in this picture? There is supposed to be 1000's of satellites.

NASA has admitted they used photoshop but never explained why they needed to.

The earth is banana shaped

The horizon is not straight from high enough viewpoint

If you watch a ship sail away, it appears to sail "over the horizon", where its hull vanishes but its mast and superstructure are still visible. At that instant, if you climb higher, you'll see more of the hull as your viewpoint ascends. That can't happen on a flat surface

Gravity and relativity are both theories.

The Earth is a sphere you mongs

>I don't know what falsifiability is
Next.

That isn't true and the video I posted proves it.

Why do things fall to the ground, then? Are you one those that thinks the Earth is just moving upward really fast?

Well, it's actually an oblate spheroid, but you're approximately correct

What the hell is that on the bottom right corner?

It is true because I've seen it. Which video?

>earth is flat
>universe is round
make up your mind

There wouldn't be any gravity if it was just moving upwards. It had to be ACCELERATING upwards. And we would have reached relativist speeds by now. Jet powered fla Earth, lmao.

Density and buoyancy something is heavier than the air around it.

The proof is in your pocket, fuckhead. If you don't like LOS communications, a group of technology that is distance-limited by the curvature of the earth, but not to satellites (depending on angle through the ionosphere and frequency), then use math. Try to do Euclidean geometry on the face of a sphere, or other curved surface. How about just trigonometry in a straight line? Finding things like the distance from one building to another when building height and hypotanuse are known, then calculate the distance to something more than 2 miles away. Then measure.

Buoyancy actually propels us upwards, user. If the atmosphere were denser we would be lighter. Also explain why things weigh less on the equator.

You're not addressing my argument at all. We have LOS comms and they're definitely limited by curvature of the earth. You carry a cellphone around with you that proves this. Ever been on the ocean with a cellphone? I have. Service suddenly drops after a certain point.

Watch this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=S4oT2EbDONs

You would see them. If you could see objects hundreds of kilometers away from you.

aside from your dubs, you are an absolutely entry - level troll. no one wants to feed you, you dumb fuck. lurk moar

Are you referring to that four-hour marathon that starts by deliberately misrepresenting what NASA and Neil deGrasse Tyson said? Immediately followed by something on the fictional Illuminati? That video? You're going to have to give me a time reference where the video disproves the horizon, because I'm not wasting four hours of a Saturday evening on consiracy theory bullshit posted by a madman.

Here

Which video and what part? I'm not going to watch another long as fuck, pseudoscientific video the entire way through just to have facts distorted and physics misinterpreted at me.

Give a time reference.

The frame of the window through which the camera was pointing, troll.

It raises more questions than answers. How did such an Earth came to be? Why doesn't it collapse? How's the atmosphere not spilling over it? Why do things weigh different in different parts of Earth? Why aren't satellites falling? Why rockets experience Coriolis effect? I could go on and on.

its a huge bait to troll retards

>mfw the guy at work seriously believes that ancient Egyptians were basically aliens.
they knew about how the universe works.

Ex nasa employee here. The earth isn't as simple as flat or round

>as flat or round
No fucking shit, it's spherical.

>Ex
I think I know why.

Right but you know it's not a ball right?

That's your proof? The math is wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=6w9i9I39gzo

You're questions would be valid if they weren't based on inaccuracies. For instance your comment on the parabolic arch that a rocket makes you refer to ass coriolis effect.

Its more of a pear shape.

Here's math

Actually Earth is potato-shaped.

>reproducible effect
>inaccuracy
Next.

They're all asleep

If the Earth was flat and the Sun hovered above it and moved in a great circle around the N pole, you would see a difference from reality in motion most marked at times of rise and set. Place yourself on the equator during the equinox. At rise, the Sun would appear somehow and from north of the equator (left), with slow movement towards you (foreshortened) and southward (right, as it follows its circular path). Its horizontal motion diminshes over the course of the morning as its direction loses an X-component. As it reaches overhead (Noon) it would be moving most quickly and almost straight east-west. After Noon it would appear to slow down and begin its drift right (north), and farther along it loses the vertical movement (yet never set) while gaining the drift to the right and magically disappearing.

That of course, is not what we see at the equator during an equinox. The Sun rises due east, transits straight up, and sets due west all at a constant angular speed all along its path, which is apparently straight up, over, and down, because in this geometry you (not a distant pole) are at the center of a circle it appears to trace.

Its a bit chubbier below the equator. If you think about it that's all nasa pics have shown. A pear shaped earth instead of a perfect sphere. Thank you nasa for the truth.

Continuing south during an equinox, a flat-Earther would still see the Sun appear from the NE, approach but curve left to due north at Noon, then continue left and away to the NW, fading away. In reality, the Sun still rises in the E, moves up and left to north at Noon, and then set again in the W. This motion (also traced by the stars at night) clearly shows there is an axis of rotation that rises up from the southern horizon and extending up and away south to a south celestial pole on the sky. A Sun (and stars) moving around a disk cannot behave like it is revolving around two poles (north and south) simultaneously.

Furthermore, a close-proximity Sun would increase in brightness from invisible at "rise" to its brightest at Noon and back again to invisible at "set" in the course of one day. Light intensity varies by the square of the distance from the source. This means the intensity of the light from the Sun (and Moon, and stars) would continuously vary all day, and most radically just before and after Noon. Again we see differently, the Sun remains more or less constant in brightness during the day, with a good accounting (and weather-dependent) for its dimming when near the horizon due to atmospheric opacity.

Lastly, if it were a "close" Sun and Moon passing overhead, there would be an obvious change in the apparent sizes of the objects as they approach, pass overhead, and head off again. Again, this is not what we see. The Sun and Moon stay the same angular size throughout their pass. You can experiment and prove this yourself by taking photos of them during rise, then again five or six hours later when they are at their highest, and maybe again as they set, just for added data. Measure their sizes in the photos. They're the same.

And if you really want to gild the lily, get in communication with someone a thousand miles away. Use an astrolabe (you can make a crude-but-good-enough one using a school-grade protractor) to measure the altitude of the Sun (or Moon) simultaneously. You can easily triangulate the height of the object, and your result will show it's near infinity (you both have close to the same angle, due to the crudeness of the instrument). But if it were 6,000 miles up, you'd be able to reasonably measure the 10° different viewing angle, or nearly 30° if they were the 3,000 miles often quoted.

Lol you are so arrogant you don't even get my point.

They're unnecessarily adding variables to the math in the first video. You don't need to factor swell from the point of the camera. It doesn't make sense to do so at all.

What about the changing position of stars as you move north and south? How would someone of flat Earth explain this?

youtube.com/watch?v=zEqDbsPUgH8

Ancient Hebrew couldn't picture the earth as round. They all thought it was flat

Ever hear of perspective? Lol a teacher told us we would fall off the earth if it were flat. Stupid bitch. We were all taught what to think not how to think for ourselves. I love when the physics professor gets the spandex out and tells me it's how gravity works. I want to see water stick to a spinning ball and lay flat. Where the fuck is that science experiment? Put the shit in a vacuum sealed room too for space. Won't happen cause it can't happen.

>Ever hear of perspective?
Please explain to us stupid people how perspective would change the content of the sky as we move across a flat Earth, north to south.

And explain how "perspective" accounts for this:

Well first of all if you believe the earth is flat or not something is moving.
You believe everything is moving and we believe what our senses tell us are moving such as moon/sun. So as you go around flat or round earth and celestial bodies are moving you're perspective of the sky is changed based on you moving (if it were far enough from point of origin) and the stars themselves moving.

This
>thread

Your video shows you can't see the entire hulls of the ships, and you see more of the islands as you climb, even in your superimposition.

Now go to the coast at New York on a good day with an astronomical telescope and take a picture of Portugal. I'll wait.