My daughter hates brushing her teeth. It is literally a fight every night...

My daughter hates brushing her teeth. It is literally a fight every night. I have to hold her down and force the toothbrush into her mouth. I put it to her lips and start pushing it into her. Once the pain is too much she slowly parts her lips and let's me inside. That's when the real fight begins and I have to get aggressive with her to overcome her resistance. After i finish and she spits into the sink i usually see blood. She is so small and I know this is hurting her and is probably pretty traumatizing.

How can I make her do it on her own?

Have you tried peanut butter?

Top kek. Well done Op

I feel ya Sup Forumsro. I make a game out of it now where I have to trick her into getting the brush in her mouth. When I succeed, I say "I win!" She finds it funny now and then I go ahead and clean her teach. Its still tough but manageable.

id hate brushing too if you did that to me op
my dad tried something similar for potty training me and to this day i have anxiety going to take a shit

Positive reinforcement. Applause. Are there any videos of cartoon characters explaining how to brush teeth? You have to make her (con her) to want to do it herself

use your dick instead

she might hate the taste and if she does you can get lots of different flavors like cinnamon or whatever

YOU'RE HURTING HER LEAVE HER ALONE

What is this? A parenting board for young mothers? Fuck off and stop having kids.

I have a 1.5 y/o. I let him brush his own teeth. Then I scrub them really good and it's done. Maybe let your kid have more independence?

Look at all those edges

This is a good one
>Madden 2004 cheats

What, did he ram his dick up your ass to make it all come flooding out or something? Nigger, what?I love these images. Would've been better in Opera or Internet explorer.

he would get frustrated and raise his voice a lot at minor things like the amount of toilet paper i was taking off the roll. he's not a bad person but it is what it is and i have anxiety when i have to poop

I imagine the dad from Everybody hates Chris who would document everything to see how much it costs him to use it yelling at you over using 4 squares instead of 3.

In all honesty, kids are little shits who have no empathy, so he was probably fed up with how you didn't care about the small stuff. Now that you're older, and can understand how others feel, understand his frustration at watching you take a shit incorrectly and then having to clean it up after you use half a roll to just wipe your ass.

>Have you tried peanut butter?

Kek

Bursh her with your tooth-pasted dick.

>i have anxiety when i have to poop

People like you are why the world is shit.

> anxiety

Fuck off! You morons don't know what anxiety is. You've probably self-diagnosed yourself as having PTSD and all kinds of other stupid shit too.. probably because "daddy was mean to me!"

Fucking moron. It's not "it is what it is"... it's "you are what YOU are".

no, his frustration was meaningless and without reason. having known him for over 25 years, i can say without hesitation or doubt that most of the things he freaks out and gets upset over are fucking nothing worth yelling or throwing shit about. i don't hate him for that, it just is what it is.

Its like 4 edged in 1 comment. Amazing!

haha did your therapist tell you that?
i have to avoid therapists or else they'd put me in jail so i never had one to teach me coping mechanisms like that.
sorry for triggering you, friend

Children are like puppies, just smarter and more destructive. Use treats. Positive encouragement goes farther with children, and doesnt leave them fucked up afterward

Maybe stop using your dick as a toothbrush.

made me chuckle, ty user

I love seeing this thread the comments always make me to hard as fuck

>self-diagnosed yourself

As opposed to self-diagnosing your friend, I suppose...?

My dad is like that too, man. I get it, but you can't let one memory mess up how you behave. My dad has mellowed out over the last few years, getting much older. Hopefully yours will show a similar calming personality.

i'm really messed up but not really because of him. i struggle to shit and that's probably the worst he's done to me. i was just trying to show op what kind of effect insane behavior like that has on his children later in their life.

I'm impressed and disappointed that "use your dick" was posted this deep for the first time. What's up Sup Forums, we lose our touch?

Nah, was a more subtle and amusing dick joke.

No, as opposed to suffering a psychotic break, turning into a completely different persona, diagnose your old persona, then be cured of the psychosis becoming the original persona. Thus you were self-diagnosed but not by yourself. It's quite common, actually.

You've lost me. If you have to explain the joke that much, I don't think it's that funny.

Oh fuck. I saw it. But my level of thc induced autism failed to put it together. Faith restored

It was even pointed out again here

I was going to go out. Now I'm going to point out and grade typical Sup Forums responses to posts. Stand by for heading scale

Toothbrush is code for penis

Rape her until she's unconscious.

Lol my parents did this when I was young. I hardly remember. Best thing to do is be honest. Don't take care of you're teeth, they will fall out and you can get heart disease and die. Tell her that and she'll be so terrified gaurentee she will do it.

Fuck this i'm calling the cops

Maybe the toothbrush is a little too much for her have you tried using something smaller like your cock to help her get the feel of brushing her mouth?

"There's someone being mean on the internet, please send help"
"Sir, this is a KFC"

you are retarded if you think what you have been doing is helping the situation

reward her for brushing teeth at night

if she doesn't, show her images of what happens if you don't brush teeth, do it every time she doesn't brush, calmly

You: "brush your teeth"

Her: "no"

You: "okay then come look at what happens if you don't"

if she continues to refuse, start getting other people to tell her to brush, and if she refuses then get them to do the same thing

don't act like she needs to apologise or anything, if she does then you need to reward her for breaking whatever phobia or bad habit she has of it (most likely caused by you shoving a brush into her mouth)

All you faggots treating this post as genuine are gullible morons. Don't breed.

Assuming you're not a troll, or a bored fbi agent. Dude just show her pictures of rotted out teeth.

Lol. Good shit. Well played, user.

Just in case this is legit, or there are people out there who really do have trouble getting their kids to brush their teeth, remember that children taste things much differently than adults do. Over time, adult taste buds become less sensitive and we have fewer of them than children do. This is why children enjoy such bland, uninteresting food, while they tend to hate really spicy or powerful flavours.

Toothpaste generally has a really, really strong peppermint flavour. Mint in particular is one of those very strong flavours which adults love and children hate. If you want your kids to brush their teeth, try using toothpaste which has a different taste than mint. It's hard to find them and you may have to order online, but they do exist.

Hot.

i just learned my buds never matured

Dude just make her see vids on youtube of people with fucked up teeth and tell her that is going to happen if she don't brush her teeth.

Pretty amazing how many people are taking this as a serious fucking thread.

Holy shit Sup Forumstards, get your fucking act together.

It's possible. Some people retain their sense of taste much longer than others, especially if you've never smoked. You might also be one of the small number of people who have a Jacobsen's organ, which means your sense of taste will be much more acute. (A tiny number of people have both Jacobsen's organs, and these people generally become wine tasters or famous chefs because of their ability to taste very subtle gradations of taste.)

weak

Which I don't understand why they get all the special jobs. If there's a small % of people who can even detect the subtle flavors, why bother judging them on it. That judge will be the ONLY one to taste it, while the rest of us schmucks will just drink it like normal, or eat like it's a good dinner.

Just because they can taste everything doesn't mean everyone else tastes nothing. My brother is an award-winning sommelier, for example, and I used to hate wine. One day he said I was an embarassment, and that he would teach me to appreciate wine. He sat me down with a dozen bottles of white wine, none of them expensive, and had me taste each one, and they all tasted the same to me. Then he would list the flavours he tasted in each and have me taste it again -- and the flavour had changed. When I knew, for example, that I should be tasting for either apples or pears (which indicates the presence of either citric acid or malic acid respectively), I could instantly taste the difference.

That's why they get those jobs. They can actually help to educate other people's palates.

My 8-year old son has some bad bathroom habits, too. Not only did he refuse to brush his teeth, but he rarely flushed the toilet as well.

After yelling at him for months, I finally pushed him in the bathroom, put toothpaste on the brush and pulled a turd out of the toilet. I told him that one or the other was going into his mouth.

He only brushed his teeth that night, but at least he now flushes the toilet every time.

kek

That sounded sooo fucking wrong

This pasta is creepy.

prett kewl eh