Can someone explain why prison guards still don't have Dredd-like pistols where it requires a fingerprint to shoot...

Can someone explain why prison guards still don't have Dredd-like pistols where it requires a fingerprint to shoot? It would literally only benefit the guards, and if the prisoners tried to steal it it would blow up in their hands.

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/958503/two-ohio-inmates-hacked-their-prison-from-the-inside-using-makeshift-computers-built-from-spare-parts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Costs. Prisons already spend a lot to keep running, any more would go over budget.

I mean in the future, you autist.

This is fucking retarded, how would that even work? Blow up in their hands? What the actual fuck.

Have you even seen the Dredd movie, you retard? It blows up in the hands of people the fingerprint isn't bound to.

The normal finger print enabled guns would be sufficient. Why make a huge fucking mess and have to deal with lawsuits?

You never stated that it would be in the future, you said "still don't have" implying that they should've had them in the past or present. Pretty ironic that you're calling me the autist.

You said "still don't have"

And also hacking/byassing them is easy, as well as it would need to work for any guard, so far they only allow one fingerprint as the user so it would need to be made and the costs aren't worth it

Prison guards are not even allowed to carry nightsticks let alone guns anymore.

How are prisoners gonna hack security guns on a closed network, fucktard.

These guns are safer, so thats why they'd be allowed you moron.

Inmates will figure out how to use them. Give them enough time they will figure it out.

I just did, idiot.

I'm the retard? You know how expensive and retarded explosive smart guns would be? And you actually believe in movie logic... and IM the retad

How will they figure out how to use them if only the person the gun is bound to can use it. Dumbass.

please stop taking this 12 year old goat bait user.

I mean it's a possibility now in the future in this day and age.

>Can someone explain why we still don't have...
>I mean in the future

Fucking pick one you autist.

not to mention malfunctions. The Iphone doesn't always unlock every time perfectly.

They're in cells without computers??

>MUH BAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

You have no idea how the tech you're talking g about even works, do you? Jesus read a book faggot.

Fucking edge lord look out.
Good back to school summer fag

Fucking retard

These would be military-grade though?

it would be an electronic trigger, so there's ways to short it out, disconnect the explosives and hack the firing mechanism.

THIS IS THE FUTURE

Not sure if trolling or retarded.

Aside from the fact that only walled/gated off guards (guys in towers and shiet) are armed at prisons...

This is poor technology for weapons, as no fingerprint reader is 100% reliable instantaneously.

When a firearm is drawn, it needs to be 100% useful that instant.

I've had 13 beers, can't determine bait from a legitimate post anymore

Go watch Dredd again, fuckface.

Bypassing it is simple, Google it you fucking moron

Military-grade, won't fail at all or at least very occasionally.

Smartguns are a really bad idea. They have a tendency to not go off when they should, which causes a lot more problems than firing when they shouldn't. (assuming a standard firearm would have fired)

They're also not as safe as you would think. Given maybe an hour and a soldering iron, you have a normal gun that was only in this situation in the first place because somebody thought it could never be used against them.

I can tell you have had 13 beers you fucking drunk retard, the Dredd guns would be perfect for prisons

things cost money

inmates stealing firearms in prisons isn't actually a common problem.

How would you know, its a gun from a fucking movie

Watch Dredd again.

In the future, fuckhead.

Stop what, common sense?

Life is different from a fucking show or whatever the fuck dredd is

All u need is a low level magnet in your hand and u can fire any "fingerprint Gun" the EM field disrupts the circuits allowing it to be fired

Because it is easier to just stand back when there is a riot and let them thin the herd.

But that doesn't mean anything...especially considering no military would do this specifically because there would be no guarantee it would work.

"very occasionally" means the good guys die. No good guy signs up for that.

Watch Dredd again and explain to me how you think a weak magnet is gonna disable one of their guns.

Or you could prevent riots outright.

1 Finger Print scan fails and blows a guards hand up
Then nobody will want to have those things anywhere near their hands

The Dredd movie is still pretty realistic and the guns from Dredd would be effective, you have yet to prove me wrong.

Are you kidding me? The military would never let this shit fly! It won't fire without a battery, might not fire anyway, is less resistant to mechanical failure, and vulnerable to electrical failure (which normal guns are immune to)

The military has a hard time maintaining the rifles they have now. Just imagine if they have electrical bits that can get fried.

Private militaries, you fucking mongoloid.

It's called compensation, idiot.

That literally wouldn't happen if the US wasn't retarded enough to actually implement the part where it blows up.

The gun can just stay in lockout until the proper fingerprint is scanned.

Holy shit I just entered the retard room....

I'm not talking about some Fantasy movie.. I'm talking Real life. They make fingerprint guns and at Defcon this year they found how easy it is to fire look it up Nigger

NOOOO, IM HUMILIATED NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or just cut off the guards finger/hand

Welcome home!

The only way to prevent riots would violate inmates "rights". by denying the general population from programming together. there is not enough time in the week to give each person recreation time by themselves.

I'm sorry, what's a "private military"?

Kim Jon Un's in North Korea? Bro, they ain't got the money for that kind of technology. It was either build a few nukes or feed their people, and they chose a few nukes.

I nmnever stated that this gun wouild be uneffecitive, just taht it would exceed a prisons budget

There is no fucking hackers with actual computer to hack this shit in PRISON. Plus, you wouldn't be able to hack them from outside prison walls.

Good luck sawing it off without being noticed and shot

There's a psychic chick that made it through the police academy, a hacker with cyborg eyes, a motorcycle-riding loose cannon cop that never sees an internal affairs board, and a drug that gives you gratuitous slow-motion shots.

So shut up then, retard

Mayweather Security Consulting like GTA 5

>riots
>recreation time

Easy, all a con needs is a 9 volt battery, a piece of iron or steel, and a coil of copper to build an electromagnet and that defeats the safety measures enough to make the gun usable. Besides, you don't need the whole gun to make bullets dangerous. Using the powder charges and the primers mixed with a few common cleaning chemicals you can build a fairly energetic bomb. Add the leftover bullets an casings, pieces of the gun, and assorted detritus and you have shrapnel to take out dozens. I'm just an idiot with 5 minutes of time on my hands and no experience. Imagine somebody with motivation, time, and evil in their heart could come up with.

Have you ever used your fingerprint to unlock your phone? If that guard starts sweating or gets blood on his hands, he's fucked. I could be wrong, but the tech for an ID'd gun (like in Metal Gear Solid) isn't there just yet. I've seen prototypes and shit floating around though

jesus guys you managed to start a fight in a shit thread like this

Yet again I have to state the fact of how ironic youre being, is the only word in yir vocabulary retard? come up with something better. your idea is unfeasible

OMG u are retarded no hacker in prison ha they built their own computer from scratch. Learn some shit Nigger. A nigger that dont know much wont grow much

qz.com/958503/two-ohio-inmates-hacked-their-prison-from-the-inside-using-makeshift-computers-built-from-spare-parts/

>ironic vocabulary

What's that? The sound of a non-argument? God that sound is so awful

I ain't clicking that shit nigger

Imagine a psychopathic electrical engineer with a life sentence and an axe to grind.

This sounds like the worst idea ever.

>the dredd movie is realistic
>loads at best a double stack mag that can fire multiple different types of ammo
>every ammo type is super effective at what it does, even though a pistol caliber
Dredd is a good movie, but it's a movie. Go ask /k/ if you think it's such a great idea, watch them laugh you out of the board you retard.

they don't keep super evil geniuses in regular prisons, try Belle Reve

Like i side A nigger that dont know much wont grow much. i know it scary you might become something more than a nigger cause a nigger that dont know much dont want much

I literally posted this on /k/ days ago and they said it would improve safety in prisons a ton, and I think they know a little know about weapons than you do pal, because they even invented some

You only know the word nigger. lmaoo

When you are talking to a nigger thats the only word you need

I'm white.

Not even a genius, just a guy with a bachelor's degree and nothing to lose. Systems like these have to be small, light, and robust. It can't be that complicated once you get the cover off, or the chance of failure goes up dramatically.

Prisoners come up with crazier shit. I bet somebody could come up with a screwdriver and an ersatz soldering iron in time for the big riot.

so you say, but you have the mentality of a nigger so you might as well be one

What anons literally think prisoners in high security prisons are like

Well, thats what guard towers with sipers in them are for. Im talking regular guards with the capability to take down multiple prisoners without the risk of getting their gun stlen and used against them.

As I said earlier, I'm slightly impaired.

Cartels can hire the best hackers in the world. They usually work on the inside too.

If it was feasible but it isn't you mongoloid. There's no way you can get a double stack mag filled with pistol caliber to do all the fantastical things dredds gun fires with that efficiency. We can't even make good his explosive rounds for small calibers yet, how the fuck do you intend to do the phosphorus rounds you mongo?

Enjoy your Hunrgyman's in your trailer ech chamber faggot.