ITT: Albums that become shot once you know Music Thoery

>shot
>IMG_2740
i already love this thread

if you need a textbook to enjoy music you've probably got tin ears

dumb ass frogposter >>>/reddit/

I have a life.

Phoneposter Internet Defense Force strikes again!

OK lol I'll bite. Why is this album bad once you know music theory? Keep in mind this album is one that I would consider perfect.

don't bother dude, he didn't have an argument 12 threads ago and sure as hell doesn't have one now

nice little meme pictures i can tell you have a reddit tab open right now

Why does anything need to become bad once you know music theory? Why should deviating from what a group of people considers "correct" make it bad music? If you enjoy it, who gives a shit whether it follows the theory or not?

Low tier b8, but one thing I like about this album is the polymeter and odd times it uses. The long mid section of Nosferatu Man is the first thing that clicked when I heard it.

>I'm EXTREMELY butthurt: the post

But it doesn't even "deviate". It uses music theory extensively to make different, complex, interesting songs. If anything, Slint is an example of music being enhanced by theory.

Not their first album though, yeesh.

>the polymeter and odd times it uses.
*Takes off glasses
*Stomps on ants
Stop
*Takes gun
*Kills you

>wears glasses

fuckin nerd

>wears glasses
nu-male

Not claiming either way on the rest of your post, but music theory isn't a group of people deciding what "sounds good". It doesn't decide the quality of anything. It codified music and transcribes it so that it can be analysed, and the underlying patterns and tendencies of music are then analysed as well. There is nothing that says a I - IV - V - I is "good" in music theory, nor does music theory claim that a given cadence is good or bad. It just allows us to discuss music with a consistent terminology so as to allow for greater analysis.

fucking redditor cancer smfh

*sorry meant to reply to

>wears glasses
Here's an album for you.

>le you're a redditor meme
Dude fuck off, you just come off as cringy.

Then argue using your music theory knowledge on why it's bad, dumb phoneposter