Why do they repeat the same chord in every song ?

why do they repeat the same chord in every song ?

i've only heard two songs from this album and literally neither of them use a single chord so i don't know what you're talking about

>neither of them use a single chord
What did he mean by this

>tfw this was the last significant popular rock album

it's a double entendre so i can backpedal on my statement if someone proves me wrong you ignorant fucking trip

I don't think you know what any of what you just said means

i do and you don't
do you want me to fucking spell it out for you
fuck

>they don't use any chords
>Lol I was just pretending to be retarded so when people call me retarded, they're the ones being retarded!!!!
end yourself

yeah, good, wow, you fucking got it, you should be proud of yourself
>hurr you don't know what that means
just like your mother didn't know what the doctor meant when he told her her child had down syndrome and decided to let you live, you fucking mongol

Don't you know anything about music? Name one chord used in AM.
Even if you do, Arctic Monkey's lack of complete enceteraunce as a group makes each chord completely useless.

also, Do I Wanna Know LITERALLY doesn't use any chords, for the goddamn record

it's called drone dumbass

you said "it's a double entendre" as if your retarded statement had some sort of secret double meaning. you made a dumbass comment and got called out, end of story.

Bm, Gm, F#m, Bb, and Dm are used prominently throughout the album

Yeah, I know. I wasn't saying that they used cars in every song, I was saying that they didn't not use any chords in any songs

*Chords

AND even if they don't strum the exact chord shape, doesn't mean the entire sound doesn't make a chord.

>you said "it's a double entendre" as if your retarded statement had some sort of secret double meaning.
it did you fucking idiot
"neither of them use a single chord" as in neither of them use one single chord repeated ad infinitum, or "neither of them use a single chord" as in neither of them use any chord at all
hence double entendre
worded as such because i couldn't be assed to go and listen to those two songs to confirm and had an easy out of any bullshit call -- then i went and listened and holy shit, guess what, i was fucking right

>I wasn't saying that they used cars in every song, I was saying that they didn't not use any chords in any songs
except in that exact post you replied to there i told you that they didn't use any chords in at least one song, so you're wrong

even in this case, 1) the op is talking out of his ass, and 2) a chord is specifically 3 or more notes played in unison, the term is not interchangeable with riffs regardless of whether or not the riff and the chord are derived from the same scale

take your trip off and save yourself the embarrassment the next time you wanna act all high brow and condescending, you don't know shit

All this damage control. Did it take u that long to come up with that lame ass backpedal for"they don't use a single chord".
Also, I literally (not literally, but you know) said that the entirety of a sound (ie, the culmination of multiple notes played at the same time form a chord, even if the chord isn't played by a singular instrument, thanks for confirming that for me.

in a song with a singular lead guitar and a bass, even the two on top of each other can only ever form intervals and not a chord, so thanks for debunking your own stupid ass

>Did it take u that long
it didn't take me shit

in interviews they mentioned that after the success of R U Mine? they wanted a whole album with that sound, so they exactly did that, and it's noticeable, but I think it actually work. If you just look at R U Mine? and WYOCMWYH? They not only share the same structure, but also the same chord progression. As well as Do I wanna know? wtich uses the same chord progression, transposed up a half step..

So my point stands, they use chords. I'm even gonna backtrack on agreeing with the statement that Do I Wanna Know doesn't use any chords, because unless a song consists of only a single instrumentation playing one note at a time, there are chords.

>because unless a song consists of only a single instrumentation playing one note at a time, there are chords.
unless it's a song with two instruments playing at once, as two notes played together is an interval and not a chord, as is the case with Do I Wanna Know -- a song with no chords
so even given your inane stretch of a reasoning behind your baseless argument, you're wrong
good god
you fucking idiot

>A guitar can't play 2 notes at the same time

what the fuck is going on in this thread

not once in the song we're talking about does the guitar play 2 notes at one time, they're all single-string riffs
i guess that statement was worded poorly, should've been another of my famed double entendres

SO, in the case of a song in which each of the two given instruments is only playing one note at a time, as is such with Do I Wanna Know, those two instruments will never form a chord

>What is a dyad
>What are two-note blues chords
>What is the implication of a chord
try again next time sweetie

trips doing what trips do best, causing trouble in an attempt to appear "wise" and validate their having a trip and making a fool of themselves in the process

a two-note blues chord is not a chord in any formal understanding of theory, it's an interval
likewise, a dyad is not considered a full chord
and i shouldn't even have to tell you why an implication of a chord is not a chord

you wanna call damage control and here you are going to these incredible lengths to say that a song in which no chord is played actually maybe might have a chord here or there in it, way to fucking go

More like another user employing google-search level knowledge and pretending like they have total authority on music definition

now he's projecting
i haven't googled a single goddamn thing this whole time, and it takes you half a fucking hour to stumble across "dyad"? go fuck yourself

i'm going to sleep. you've exhausted me with your ineptitude.

I'm just saying that a chord can be implied and the sound of a chord can be translated to two-notes. There's damage control here, yeah, because I did mistakenly define a chord as any notes played in unison. However, there is no universally agreed definition of any of these words, and in the case of power chords, two pitches can make a chord, even though a chord is "three or more"

>a chord is specifically 3 or more notes played in unison
Except partial chords, 5th chords, certain ambiguous chords, etc?