Anyone else go out and see the new IT movie?

Anyone else go out and see the new IT movie?
Thoughts on the movie?
I thought it was okay, they tried too hard to scare people though I think. Too many jump scares, only one got me good.

Also general scary movie thread

for the love of god can we stop paying hollywood to make the same shit over and over again?

There were barely any jump scares faggot

It's what they do to most movies, turning it into a general thriller while the original had a defined style. It's like they don't know what they're doing anymore.

Yeah. I agree. Only good jumpscare was the bathroom one. i was laughing most of the time due to the weird cg animations. The way he chased people was unnerving, but other than that the animations looked retarded. Watch it if you want a laugh I guess

They tried to make every fucking thing a jump scare you fucking sperglord

i thought it had very little jumpscares compared to other "recent" horror flicks.

The overall movie was really good, not scary, but i felt afraid for the kids throughout most of the pennywise scenes, great kid actors and i've only seen it once, but cgi never brought me out of the movie, so i think it was good, can't wait for chapter 2.

I agree with everything you said

Not really. There's a limited number of good ideas out there and every time someone comes up with one, the search becomes harder. So you'll end up with more and more rehashes.

I mean, people have argued that every adventure story is essentially a rehash of the old Sumerian Gilgamesh story.

Getting tired of these remakes but i feel "IT" was fair game since all it got was a tv mini series but with all the remakes going on right now and the way things are going in hollywood it would not surprise me if this movie turns out to be crap

IT was well made, but it was not scary. Only faggots are scared of clowns. 7/10

Scary clowns aren't scary. Though I'm glad to see that Hollywood is reaching out to the juggalos—those guys could use some love.

why is the clown retarded now. autism from vaccines? is the new IT one big anti-vaccine propaganda piece?

> horror movie
> trying too hard to scare people

Well said, user. I too wish comedies would stop trying so hard to make me laugh and that thrillers would stop trying so hard to thrill me! A minimal effort is all I want.

autism overload

It looks pretty dumb. The preview where the kid chants "you'll float too" with a beat and the preview where pennywise runs after someone while flailing left and right are both fucking stupid. I hope the movie isn't as lame as those previews. Meh I'll wait till.mother comes out next weekend and sneak into IT afterwards and watch it for free.

On the bus back from watching it

It was visually scary and nice to look at but they butchered the landing of most scary scenes....all in all generic for the most part but visually dcreepy at least

His point is they went the easy rout to scare people with gay ass jump scares. Horror isn't about jump scares nigger. It's like having a comedy movie where the only funny thing the main character does is slip on a banana peel constantly.

I thought it had some classic elements of horror, but I do agree it had too many jump scares

It was a good time.

I just about lost it when he started doing the dance thing in the sewer. The way it was stabilized to stay with his face was pretty hilarious.

I liked the movie, it had some heart.
I especially liked Ritchie, guy was hilarious.

Movie was great. Will be looked at as a classic in the future. Have no clue where any complaints are even coming from, probably from the people too socially awkward to go to the theater to watch it.

Richie and Beverley performed fantastic, and Bill Skarsgaard makes Tim Curry look like a junkie amateur.

Bite me mini series fags, this is the only It worth watching.

The opening seen was horrifying. Watching Georgie get chomped on by the clown was insane! The original movie didn't show it like that; it just zoomed in on Pennywise with its mouth open and gargling. I would very much like to see chapter two.

I'm sorry I saw the old IT movie. Fucking severely DIMINISHED horror.

good, jump scares are a cancer to horror. bait or underage? loud noises aren't proper horror.

problem with genre movies like horror is the main objective is the intend of scaring rather than telling a scary story
so they end up failing

jump scares suck, the sign of a piss poor project

>WE MADE A REALLY LOUD NOISE SO YOU NEARLY WENT DEAF, DID WE DO GOOD?

There's metric ass tons of horror stuff that's adaptable but the money men are retarded, coke-addled and stupidly conservative. They'll take a remake over a risk any day.

the jump scariest time will be when they cut to stephen king chugging dog cum dressed in a clown suit

The movie itself got alot of hype due to nostalgia from its predecessor. In general its an okay thriller but it had its downfalls

Was the movie good? yes

Was IT scary? Not really, although there were some scenes that were unnerving, I admit that I laughed my ass off during the "scary" parts. But IT tried to not fall into the generic horror cliche of jumpscare central but sadly it didnt even have the rope ready to climb out.

As for cgi immersion it was done pretty good, although there was one scene that was extremely unpolished that it made me feel disappointed.

Character development was pretty much good overall although it makes me feel irritated when "Timmy" says to stick together but then not 5 minutes later decides to wander off alone when it was his idea to stay together from the start. Guess that character hasn't acquired the simple ideology of object/thought permanence.

Overall its an okay movie to go see if you want some fun. If you jump at the sight of a beetle then probably not your cup of tea. I will wait in anticipation for the casting of the second part if they haven't released it at this time. And skarsgard did a pretty good job for what he was given so i give kudos to him.

TLDR: hyped up movie but has its downfalls. Watch it with your kids.

footnote: I can't wait to see the youtubepoop that comes from this movie

Seems like the people who remade it just wanted some cash grab. Wasnt all that scary and CGI was pretty dumb. The Dancing scene was funny I had to leave the theater because i busted out laughing.

>not scary, but i felt afraid
This kind of incisive commentary is why I read Sup Forums.

It was a solid movie, and I've read the book and grew up on the miniseries.
Hell, the new shit was way closer than the series to the book.
Kid actors weren't annoying. Cgi was good shit. If you didn't like this you're probably a soyboy faggot.

edgy shitpost disguised as a "real review"

lets talk about all the crazy ppl tht think ghosts and demons exist

sorry i fell asleep during your edgy post

It was just Stranger Things in movie form, some of the locations were even the same like the cliff jumping scene. Pretty boring actually.

Not framing the story the same as the original completely ruins it.

Not flashing back from the present to the past ruins the entire move.

So many things wrong with this movie. Eddie talked more than richie. No on ever says beep beep Richie. Then all of a sudden pennywise says beep beep. Did they delete a scene?

pennywise looks like a scary clown. The whole point is for him to look like a regular fun clown and be approachable to kids.

I could go on with the gripes. Plus it wasn't scary.

The only thing they changed from the original that was better was showing Georgie get his arm ripped off. If they didn't show that then why the fuck make it rated r.

Shit movie. Unnecessary remake.

Fuckin terrible.

Why do people even watch moders "horror" movies? They're just filled with quiet scenes that suddenly get interrupted by a loud nosie to startle you. Might as well sit in an empty room and have someone set off a firecracker at random times.