At what age did you realize you just blew your life right out your ass?

at what age did you realize you just blew your life right out your ass?

what regrets haunt you the most?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jQOfbObFOCw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Life still seems on the right track for me still. It has it's ups and downs but it's not horribke lmao

here are a few wisdoms to live your live by:

-you'll regret things you haven't done much more than mistakes, just do what you want to do, failing ain't as bad as you think it is

-understand yourself and what you want from life. try to understand why you did the things you did and didn't do the things you didn't. get to the core of things and you'll realize what kind of person you are

-physical exercise is important for general health but also happiness and cognitive ability

-you can only learn and grow from mistakes and new experiences. staying in your comfort zone is stagnation and results in people suddenly realizing they're 50 already

-work is only a third of your life, don't loose track of family and your own ambitions

-drink a lot of water

-read a lot of books

18, was one of those nights where I just lie down on my bed contemplating life. I was already 6months out of school, doing nothing. Looking back
>top of my class in primary school
>start to fall in the first 3 years of secondary school
>at my worst in the last 2 years of secondary school
I failed Mathematics but somehow got an A on History. Couldn't get into any public uni, so I joined up with a govt. program for young entrepreneurs. Got me into the culinary industry but to this day I think I could've done a lot more.

how are you on Sup Forums fgt?
also don't tell me waht to do nigger lover

wise

Not taking chances. Not having a killer instinct. I am 100% certain my life would be different and better if I had just made ONE decision back 25 years ago.

Roughly the same age I realized that it doesn't matter that I've wasted my life because we're what amounts to a pussy fart in the eons long tantric fuck session that is the universe.

All of them. I knew I was a failure in middle school.

What was it user?

shit man, I'm 25 right now and thinking of restarting my life completely. Honestly just want to say fuck it all and live in the woods for a few years

My biggest regret was getting arrested for a felony and ruining my career. I also deeply regret leaving this woman I was dating when I was 20. She was SO fucking hot, So loyal to me she would do literally whatever I said. I used to cheat on her constantly but she still stayed with me.

She eventually became a successful property developer and I did nothing with my life because my career was fucked.

Also starting to regret drinking for 9 years daily

Are you me?

I remember years ago when I was just out of school I was lying in my bed crying. I really didn't know what I wanted out of life. My life at the time was all about talking to friends and working an hourly job while still feeling utterly empty.
Now I'm 27. Only thing thats changed is I'm alone now.

I don't know. It gets to a point. When your just feeling so low, that all your ambition just goes away. It's not even that I don't want to try anything new. It just hits a point when you have absolutely no interest in anything. I just feel like I let myself sink so low for not doing anything. I definately feel like I wasted what could have been.

You are garbage

22 at the moment and my biggest regret is not getting a job after finishing school back in '13.
I want nothing more than to have a job but I'm so unmotivated and the anxiety doesn't help either, doubt anyone would hire a 22yo with zero experience anyway.

google 'self authoring program' and just do it
trust me

>at what age did you realize you just blew your life right out your ass?
>what regrets haunt you the most?
Going to community college instead of getting the fuck out of my parents' house at 18.

>what regrets haunt you the most?

The dumb shit I did after age 25 which made it even worse

I got into a solid school on a GED tbchwu fam, and maintained a 4.0 until I fucked shit up and had to drop out in my final year

About 27 for me. Aleays thought I'd die around that age from illness but didn't. Totally fucked it mate.

4.0 is good right? I currently have a 4.0

>tfw you stop caring enough to even consider suicide anymore

When I was in college it was a 100%, now I see people talking about having over a 4.0, I don't know wtf they're talking about

Fuck me I know regret ALL too well. I fucking HATE regret, I'd pay a million dollars just so some scientist could cut open my head and take regret out of my brain. So much shit I should have done that I never did- there was this amazing school I could have went to, never fucking did, lived like 3 blocks from a fucking BEACH and never even went and swam. I fucking hate this shit, I don't know how to let this stupid shit go. If I could go back, I'd FORCE myself to go to that school and FORCE myself to go to that beach, because I know that I would have had the most amazing experience.

on my 27th birthday about 7 months ago I realized age 20-27 I've literally progressed zero. No jobs, no schooling, no useful or productivity. Just drinking beers and smoking weed. My parents were dead broke and forced me to get disabilty welfare (I qualify) which pays $1600 a month guaranteed.

Its just enough money to get me by on rent, food, car payment etc. It caused me to stall out on life progrses for the last 5-7 years.

I hate myself every day because of it. I know my friends and their gfs/wives think less of me because I'm a jobless skilless loser with nothing to talk about because my life is largely uneventful from zero money and zero ability to do interesting things.

Daily I boot up eclipse as I am learning java programming. Its been about 3 months. Its hard, and since I am self-learning (and not schooling) its even harder often I'll be directionless and at a loss on how to solve problems I'm facing in my projects. I have no idea if this will lead anywhere and I'm scared as fuck no one will hire me even 1 year from now.

I haven't had a gf since my teens and I'm really behind on that kind of social experience.

Im fucked

pretty accurate

I just looked it up. There are two gpa scales, 4.0 and 4.3. I have a 4.0 on the 4.3 scale

First grade.

30 year old neet here

yeah, you're fucked, but at least you're trying to change it at 27 instead of at 30.

You sound like a man with very little to lose; how do you feel about cryptocurrency, my dude?

different user here

but im doing crypto trading. its not bad. i can actually make 40 dollars a day with little investment.

The second I realized none of this shit matters and that I'm never going to try to amount to something because of that thought.

What's it all for? Work your ass off your whole life so you can retire and die.

I've heard every reason why you should still try and to work hard, I just can't give a shit.

I can't get motivated knowing it's for nothing.

I wish I was never born
>edge
But I'm not suicidal.

I'll just ride out my miserable existence.

sounds like you're exactly where you're supposed to be

I got nothing left to lose. I had to google cryptocurrency. I'll just say I'm extremely skeptical of things such as bitcoin. I feel its more than likely that a lot of the biggest ones are just some kind of elaborate scam where a few people are ultimately benefiting.

We're in the brief window before it goes fully mainstream i.e. the Bernie Sanders Act making it illegal to make money or have fun. The number of chump normies trying incompetently to invest will also skyrocket as cryptos continue to gain attention.

My main concern is making enough money to warrant paying a crypto accountant to actually cash my money out, Obama admin's tax regulation on cryptos is insane. Several Trump admin members are pro-Crypto, so if he ever gets his act together and changes regs that might become much more favorable. I'm sitting on my earnings until one or the other happens (favorable regulatory ruling OR earn enough to pay accountant).

Go check out /biz/. It doesn't matter if it's a con or a scam or meaningless numbers on a computer somewhere, everything is worth precisely what somebody is willing to pay for it.

BTC/ETH/LTC are fairly safe, but make sure you aren't buying in at a peak, if you do buy one. "Penny stock" coins, or shitcoins, are purely speculative but so are actual IRL penny stocks so w/e.

I managed to get my hands on about a hundred bucks worth of cryptos before I even spent a dime, you just have to have the free time and autism to really focus on it.

Don't invest what you can't afford to lose, buy low, sell high. Don't listen to Indians or Chinese ever, and generally meme currencies and shitcoins have a very short lifespan of viable transaction velocity, so either get in on the ground floor and get out when the morons are buying high, or don't even bother with meme coins and just watch for something good long-ish term like the Litecoin spike in the summer.

You kind of deserve what you are. Not to late to be a better person though.

>like the Litecoin spike in the summer.

I should probably mention that a 100%+ return on investment is not remotely unusual. Litecoin almost doubled from $25/LTC to 45 in a week. You might sit on your hands for a month waiting for an opportunity like that, though. Speculative shitcoins like DGB, some people literally got 1000% ROI before it dipped and flatlined. .

Failing out of uni after working to get transferred from community for 5 years. Happened a year ago, gotta reapply.
Also not trying harder to fix things with my wife, was too stubborn to let myself open up to accepting her again. Partially related to failing out of school.
Working in manufacturing now, constantly stressed about paying bills. Not sure where to go from here,

Similar situation here too.

It would sound trivial if I described it here, but being there I know it would have had a snowball effect that could have changed the direction of my life and possibly as a person.

It is something along the lines of "should I have swung at that pitch in the baseball playoff, instead of not swinging and getting called out?"

go to Jamesaltucher.com and let him show you how to reinvent yourself. My pitch sounded cheesy, but if you have no wife, kids, debt, or fear, you can start over and do it differently. And 25 is not too late.

The one thing I am gathering from this thread, is I am not alone in thinking my life has reached it's potential at 25-28. Does it get better? Life at forty seems like acceptance of this failure to launch, Life at sixty strikes me as impatience to get this over with. What could I possibly do to give myself the satisfaction I crave from living, or to reach the impossibly high standards I set for myself?

Honestly, I don't know, but around age 28-29 I lost the desire to kill myself. I just kind of exist now, at age 30. I'm not really content but it's a weird kind of acceptance.

When i turned 25 this August. I used to have motivation to better myself like work out and think about going back to school to get a way better paying job and buy the things i always wanted. But now i just feel kind of dead inside. And feel like i'm most likely just going to be the person that coast through life tell i die never really amounting or accomplishing anything of any value.

>33 years old
>Molested at kindergarten as a child
>Overweight
>Still lives with his parents
>Currently unemployed
>Skin disease (seborrheic eczema)
>Never finished school or university

That being listed, right now I'm working out and actively looking for job.
My parents and siblings still treat me like failure (which I am) but hey, I'm staying positive and hopeful for the future :)

I only wish I was never born

Ryan?

not trying to fuck every single girl who smiled at me

im 27 and had a date today

>32
>not entering the airforce.

Ya, i'm pretty much the same way but 5 years younger with no skin disease and not fat. I do think about suicide some mornings laying in bed as i hear everyone else in the neighbourhood go to work and school but i know i'm way to much of a pussy to do it. and i would never want to put my family through that. Im like you i have applied to hundreds of jobs but with no reply, most likely my lack of education. I honestly am more depressed of the strain i put on the rest of my family then myself really. They should of just had the one child kek

at 27 you still have time to try something. I realize you might have no ambition remaining but at least try to pick up some sort of hobby. Art, music, reading, maybe something science or math related. Maybe try regular exercise if you haven't already. You have to try to be passionate about something or else you'll just remain stagnant until death. I'm still a young fag senior in HS but I know that feeling of loss of ambition when you could be doing something that is inherently good for you but you just don't. I'm scared that effect will overtake me one day. I hope you can get out of your slump.

I feel ya. I would've definitely killed myself by now but I can't do this to my mother. Her life was and is bad as well and it pains me to see disappointment with me.

I only wish I could make her life easier by finally getting a job and bring in more money into the family.

Once they're gone (my parents), I'll find a creative way to end my life.

P.S.
Regarding the job application, here is a trick I started using few week ago. Once you've sent your application, wait about a week or two and send another email asking if they (company) received it and had a time to review it.

why would you put all that fuckin effort in for a 4.0 all the way just to drop at the end?

Look up absurdist philosophy, read camus.
I was like you until I discovered how to channel my nihilism into motivation for life.
youtube.com/watch?v=jQOfbObFOCw

I know you're learning java but try finding the java equivalent of a textbook similar to C++ primer plus by Stephen Prata. I've only gotten through like the first 150 pages of 1400 but it realllllly helps. It covers all of the basics of the language and slowly builds on what you learn. Mine was 80$ CAD so like 50$ US ig? You could probably pirate something like that or find it online somewhere though.

The fuck is crypto trading? Trading bitcoin or what?

26-27

I blindly chose my college studies. I ended having a degree I don't even like. I forgot pretty much anything I learnt and I'm stuck on shitty job.

I could have got a gf, and fucked some girls on high school but all I did was playing video games all fucking day.

And basically I feel pretty much nothign now.

What is this buzzfeed clickbait shit??

i wish i started my schooling right out of highschool and not at 30

Just don't stop bro. Go for it.

Thanks bro.

I didn't read too much into the philosophy but just sort of realized a little while back that everything is so tiny within the finite time given to us compared to the infinity of the universe that nothing could possibly matter. But that just means that I could assign my own personal reasons and meanings behind my motivations. Which is what I did, kinda similar to the kurzgesagt (however you spell that) video where they talked about positive nihilism.

She would have left you anyways when she became successful. Who needs a dirt bag to remind you of your desperate days?

That beach is still there bro go live your dreams

>I'm staying positive and hopeful for the future

That's really important.

I've never been pasionate about anything in my life and I always tend to have a negative view.

Yeah man, my blind, idiotic hope for the future and love for my family are the only things propelling me forward at this point.

We're all make it brahs

25 now ,I'm starting to get my shit together but every time I get close to achieving my goals with relationships and work my social anxiety, terrible social skills and probable depression fuck things up, it's like I can only get to a certain level. People always like me at first but come to the realisation I'm an idiot.

Am 27 now, people tell me I still have a lot of options, but they all involve background roles in the play of life.
Not to mention I spent most of that time, doing nothing, hence missed out on all the childhood/puberty fun.
Probably gonna end up in a monastery, only way I can convince myself, that I did not fuck up, by labeling these missed opportunities as distraction and focusing on personal enlightenment.

28 here.

I don't think I have depression, social anxiety or anything like that.

I just find life boring, and relationships superficial. So I usually connect pretty quickly with people but I never achieve deep relationships because I find most situations boring or meaningless.

Sometimes when I'm at work people start talkign about trivial bullshit and I remain silent, not because I can't hold a conversation, but because I don't see any point.

bump

40 dollars a day isn't enough to live on. Get a real job. Even a labor job pays $100/day

I think he might've meant it in terms of a supplemental income but I could be wrong.

40 bucks for sitting on your ass trading virtual money ain't bad.

a day?

bumparoo

at the age of 33, i've realized i fucked my life with overeducation in a country where ignorance is praised. I'm a chemical engineer and unemployed. my all friends are married and have kids while i still making job applications, interviews and getting denials. i don't want to see any of them and i don't want to write fuckingelse since i'm pissed off right now again.

where are you from lol
i doubt a chemical engineer is having it worse than people with trade jobs

the only regrets
>be 12
>hot gf
>wanted me to lick her down
>tasted like metal piss
>told my mom about it because the taste would not come out
>her mom was informed and they moved away almost immediately
probably due to the embarrassment about such a disgusting tasting pussy she had. Only regret was not getting my dick sucked.

when I bookmarked 4ch I knew I was lost