ITT: Rappers that only sound good when great producers carries them

ITT: Rappers that only sound good when great producers carries them

I'll start, Freddie Gibbs who is only listenable on Pinata thanks to Madlib.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o483VZ5kB_E
youtube.com/watch?v=LRkpZK6dObk
youtube.com/watch?v=wcJVXg7gg4w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

every rapper besides eminem

When is the second album coming out?

all new rappers

I'm just thankful pinata exists. I knew neither of them would make anything as good for a long time if ever again. that's barring a proper madvillain sequel ofc

All rappers ever

Kanye

Wu-Tang B-team

"Ive never heard Freddie's solo work"
Hes also the highlight of every song hes featured in.

Not even to be honest; sometimes they suck no matter what>

I don't understand why Madlib isn't more famous.

eh deck and cappadonna are pretty good when they're on point.

how is he not famous already?

I challenge anyone to find a better example
youtu.be/o483VZ5kB_E
Hardmode: No 21 Savage

Fuck damn. Don't sleep on Shadow of a Doubt... It's a really fantastic album. Freddie Gibbs is special in that he can work his gangster-rap sensibilities around anything, and I think Piñata and SOAD are an amazing pairing that compliment each other very well in that way. So far, Freddie's having a great run, whomever is producing.

>"Ive never heard Freddie's solo work"
I've heard ESGN, Shadow of a Doubt, You Only Live 2wice, Pronto, The Miseducation of Freddie Gibbs and midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik.

21 savage

Literally every rapper unless they produce the majority of their own music

Fr, cold day in hell & shadow of a doubt are just as good as pinata

facts man. People who say Piñata is miles above his other work are just Madlib dickriders.

I know you're memeing, but Eminem's production is precisely why he's shit.

im not memeing. if op actually cared about rhymes he would actually just listen to battle rappers like eyedea
the rest of them all depend on the production.

Hes literally one of the most famous hiphop producers of all time.

I feel like people who rank Eminem as GOAT constantly forget how unlistenable most of Relapse and Recovery were. Even if they had some of his strongest verses the production on every song was cheesy as hell and the hooks were even worse.

more like freddie fibs
youtube.com/watch?v=LRkpZK6dObk

HELL YEEEE BOII

fuck i was going to post this

i actually like his voice tho

it sounded its best on savage mode when it was lazier, lower, and blended in more with the instrumentals. 21 savage is harder to listen to when he has more presence, which is why i had a feeling his newest album wasnt going to be something i liked.

only talented people can be famous. go listen to pop tunes like radiohead or kanye

Doesn't make sense because Madlib doesn't let wack rappers touch his beats, let alone produce entire albums with them.

Man, Freddie Gibbs is so shit, let me go give him all of my beats.

To be honest the only "rapper" I feel this applies to is Carti, who would have no hype if Rocky wasn't so goddamn determined to make him famous.

youtube.com/watch?v=wcJVXg7gg4w

I dunno I can hardly leave my house without Bank Account blasting out of somebody's car.

desiigner