This is Insane Clown Posse

Say something nice about them

WATER

MY

FIRE

The developed a massive and devoted following despite receiving literally no media coverage or airplay for 25 years prior to the magnets song.

AIR

I enjoy the song "Miracles" both ironically and unironically. Ironically because of the hilariously terrible and very quotable lyrics, but unironically because I still enjoy the sincerity of their message about appreciating the beauty of God's green earth. Have literally never listened to any other songs though, but I like Miracles.

You would also like Where's God and Indestructable if you like Miracles - those two are also really sincere.

I also like their cover of Lets Go All The Way by Sly Fox.

you can bring up Insane Clown Posse to anyone and they'll know exactly who you're talking about

that's something, man

you know I never actually thought abut that, that is a pretty crazy accomplishment

I honestly never knew it was a cover until earlier this year. Gotta say, they did a lot with the source material given

Magnets are really a miracle

All of these juggalo faggots should be killed in Auschwitz by zyklon-b

it's because they are real and resonate with hoodlums

They can take a bump

It's not mandatory to listen to their music, which I something I appreciate greatly.

That's not really true. Their feud with Eminem alone made them pretty well-known and talked about in the late 90s, and they got airplay for their own stuff around then.

That said, the fact they maintained a strong long-term fanbase from their initial fame is impressive and uncommon.

I've only heard one of their songs, house of horrors, and I will only checked it out because a guy in my friend circle was a bedroom Irish (makes it more pathetic and cringey, they have no following over here at all) Juggalo. Where's the appeal Sup Forums even if you were only a fan of them when you were younger, what did you like then? Was it because they were edgy at the time?

It might be Mike E. Clark's production, it was wacky or nice for a while.
Comparing this to music others around me were listening to which had really simple fruity loops beats. Corny southern/houston rap (excluding Outkast). Not that ICP isn't corny itself.
I'm not sure. Because there's other horrorcore and it lacks appeal if it's simply tryhard lyrics about detailed murder.

So it's a mixture of production, goofy/sincere lyrics, image and people wanting to belong to something. I'll say that's the basic appeal.
It is cringe worthy but I can't deny I still like some of their albums even if I don't listen to any of them.
Twiztid too, who had better lyrics

when i was a freshman your fans were the only people that were fun to hang out with till i called a 19yr old juggalo a pedophile for dating a 8th grader
but thanks for that short period of friends

WE GOT A THEORY

They gave legit advice. Like using a hatchet, not keeping weapons under a bed, using a safe for firearms

Can't say much about their music except that I'm not a big fan, but I've met Violent J a couple times through mutual friends and he is the nicest fuckin dude.

I have caulrophilia. Clowns, carnivals, calliopes - they don't scare me. I love them, no matter how horrifying people try to make them. I laugh my ass off at scary clown movies. The Joker (as played by Mark Hamill) and Captain Spaulding are two of my favorite characters of all time.

EARTH

did you smoke weed with him?

They did, I didn't because I worked in Corrections at the time lol

Their music is just fun to jam out with no matter how grotesquely outrageous it is. They're actually similar to Eminem in that their tracks are often simultaneously meant to be comical and unapologetically uninhibited, with sincere story telling elements.

They also fused elements of metal, soundscapes, and hip hop in a way that is rarely done. They helped defined horrorcore, which besides slasher movie subject matter is often recognized by its use of downbeat, somber instrumental elements, and deliberately paced, unremitting lyrics. It's a great genre actually, and genres similar to it are also good. If you like ICP you'll love Gravediggaz.

oh man that sucks