What is /b's opinion on nihilism? Isn't it the best state of mind for living today?

What is /b's opinion on nihilism? Isn't it the best state of mind for living today?

It's for brainlets only.

how come?

It's negative in every way. Agnosticism is neutral.

it's for Rick and Morty fans
which means autists

Depends on what exactly you mean by nihilism.

If you mean that there's no objective meaning to things like life, then sure, it's correct.
If you mean that you shouldn't care about anything and be a mopey little bitch, then no.

Rick and morty is just making it look cool so alot of people became nihilistic. What about genuine nihilists?
What is negative about it?

Literally two different issues.

>Agnosticism is neutral
>Agnosticism

I don't buy into Christian religion, that's why I'm vegan tho.

>Being a nihilist.
>Claiming that something is the best.
You get to choose one user.

It's a philosophy for low effort, low test faggots. It's literally the "I read philosophy on Wikipedia for 5 minutes now I know more than you" of personal creeds.

It's bad to have a negative mindset, it won't get you anywhere. A true nihilist would kill themselves to prove a point.

It's two different words yes, both about how you perceive life.

If nihilism were a guy at a swimming pool, he'd be the tall, skinny fat guy with narrow shoulders.

the sound of a planet of global corporate CEOs blowing an uncontrolled load

>both about how you perceive life
No. Agnosticism is your position on having knowledge of gods, specifically that you don't have it.

A true nihilist wouldnt kill himself because its pointless. The most nihilistic thing is to show the middle finger to the world and not care about its bullshit. Becoming an hero is for faggs that make trap threads.

No.

>both about how you perceive life.

childish. usually fake. understanding the lack of purpose and inherent meaning in conditioned things is an important step in living a better life, but anyone who stops at "nothing matters" is living a worse life, being a worse person, and using it as an excuse for bad behavior without even properly understanding it, applying it selectively just to be an asshole.
For example, think of how many Rick-n-Morty meme-nihilists still think gender roles matter and are inherently valid, how they think transexuals are gross because they're defying their nature or whatever. Or how many nihilists still choose to believe in nationalism, or ethnic pride, or shaming promiscuity, or their own egos.

I think the way nihilism is used is as a meme, and to truly accept it might be more interesting and valid, but to claim nihilism while still clearly putting stock in equally-arbitrary equally-meaningless things like that, is just a way of justifying bad behavior for shitty people.

In so many words, "Nothing matters" is only useful as a step towards "Nothing matters, so EVERYTHING MATTERS", which is a key to a beautiful and more fulfilling life. If we die "and then it's lights-out" as they say, there is all the more value in living a full life that takes in as much experience as possible, and all the more value in improving the lives of your fellow humans in whatever ways you can. That is your responsibility, and if nihilism leads to you disregarding others for selfish reasons, you aren't done evolving yet.

Because while the brain is just a group of cells floating in a calcium bowel. I believe a soul dictates how the brain behaves, a broken or damaged soul will lead to chemical imbalance, an old soul will lead to a person being great and kind, a new soul is learning. Everything with a brain has a soul. So single cell organisms don't have souls or things like trees. But bugs and spiders have souls. But not like larger animals. Souls have size limits you cannot go too small or too big but a soul can get stuck in another species (however rare)

What else do you want to know? Want me to explain anything better or in more details? I'm trying to give a broad answer here to just give a better idea on what I believe.

That is the common definition, yes. If you have some alternative definition that you like to use personally, fine, but you need to specify that.

He didn't claim to be a nihilist though. He just asked for opinions on it

>A true nihilist wouldnt
there are no true nihilists never have been never will be

It's a shit-tier meme that retards fall for when they want to feel smart. If you think nothing matters then kill yourself, why wouldn't you?

>If you have some alternative definition that you like to use personally, fine

um, no, that's no OK. let's not enable the faggots in their ignorance, mkay? you don't just get to covfefe the meaning of words.

also your definition of Agnosticism is lacking

lol are cartoons seriously opening up peoples minds to nihilism?

terrible...

Agnosticism is a common definition on how you perceive life. If you have some alternative definition then you need to specify that.

"agnosticism is the view that human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify either the belief that God exists or the belief that God does not exist". Agnosticism is a doctrine or set of tenets rather than a religion.

Yes

>If you think nothing matters then kill yourself, why wouldn't you?
purposefully killing yourself matters
dying randomly from some stupid shit doesn't

lrn2nihilism

Spoken like a true cuck.

>covfefe

He also said "Isn't it the best state of mind for living today" which implies a claim to nihilism while misunderstanding what nihilism is.

>purposefully killing yourself matters
So, not everything doesn't matter? Hmmmm.

it's ok, I guess.

doesn't really matter what you believe. we're all going to die eventually.

>Agnosticism is a common definition on how you perceive life.
No, it isn't.
>you don't just get to covfefe the meaning of words.
Words don't have inherent meaning, only the meaning that people give to them. If I tell you what I mean by covfefe and you go along with it, there's no problem.

I never said that agnosticism was a religion.

Different user here, if you're gonna go around telling people they don't understand what nihilism is then define it. Otherwise this isn't a discussion, it's just two monkeys flinging turds at each other.

OP here I didnt say Im a nihilist, im just asking /b's opinion on it.

See this

>I don't know how use of language evolves
How uncouth of you user

> nihilism
> it's ok, I guess.
You're doing it wrong.

explain more,i'm interested

For you it isn't.

No, you said that it was a way to perceive life, which it isn't.

I figured your eyes might go red at that. But it's true. Those are just things that meme-nihilists on Sup Forums really get a fuckin hardon for, that are some of the easiest conditioned things to let go of. If nothing matters, why would your flag? Why would your pronouns? Why would it matter that someone wants to be called "xie" or "xier" or whatever the fuck? It's all bullshit, and if you can't accept THAT, you're not a nihilist, you're just an asshole willfully refusing empathy for your fellow man with a flimsy meme-philosophy as justification. Or, "just an asshole" for short.

you're not doing it at all. your point?

absolutely.

For most people it isn't.

as if those are ever separate

See this

Look at the root of the word, it's basically about your position in response to something that can't be proven or disproven.
An agnostic theist would say they believe in god, but don't know if he exists, an agnostic atheist would say they don't believe in a god, but don't claim to know he doesn't exist.
It's a qualifier that you add to a position in order to let people know whether you dis/believe but don't assert to know.

I don't think you get to decide what "most people" think, especially since "most people" will never have even encountered the English word agnostic

see this

its awesome because if nothing matters you cant be sad because if you loose a friend they never mattered in the first place so its okay

>Words don't have inherent meaning abandon dollor b death gear raspberry honor.

pic related

Because they shove it in my face. I dont mind them being gay/trance whatever but they cant expect me to call them xie xier or call a guy with tits and long hair a woman. Im not saying they should be killed or stuff like that im just saying im not gonna call them what they arent.
Also I hope a trannie rapes you so you can openly come out as a gay cuck.

Why is it no about how you perceive life? Isn't not knowing about life, gods or science, a way of perceiving life.

>everybody in this thread thought this thread was meaningful
>everyone had to give their 2 cents
>Mfw i thought I was a nihilist
>but I care enough to post a comment
>mfw none of us are real nihilists

They are once you grow up and realize that not having objective meaning isn't a problem. Subjective meaning is great.

watch those edges there, kiddo.

Mate this isn't fucking up for debate.

Nihilism and Agnosticism are not part of the same debate and are about different things, which makes your first post void because of it. Stop just saying "No" when people tell you you used the wrong word you little shit

when Sup Forums is your only reference, of course.
but in the real world, Buddhism being the biggest and best example, those are two polar opposites. Buddhism's core is emptiness, the void, the world is burning and there's no such thing as a soul and ultimately all things are hollow and meaningless. Which is a beautiful thing! How freeing it is, to not have to worry about that! How much more you can do, for your fellow man, when that is the case! Breath easier, sleep sounder, smile wider, speak kinder, when none of it matters!

I am no philosophy professor, but I do wish more people would get into this.

>i believe a soul

Stopped reading there

>laughfacecryemoji8.jpg

Good pasta mate

Treat your Belief like your junk. You can think it's the biggest and bestest, just don't shove it in my face. That's a crime. But please do show pictures of it on /b.

god =/= life

you can have the same perception of life as another person, and drastically different ideas on god.

Fair enough, nihilism is the assertion that nothing has inherent meaning or value.
Asserting that it is the best state of mind is implying that any state of mind can have inherent meaning or value. Which a nihilist would disagree with.
Now if op had asserted that s/he personally thought it to be the best state of mind, it would be a subjective meaning or value that op imbued the idea with.

3edgy5you go back to cuck/tranny threads

>I don't think you get to decide what "most people" think
Sure, but I can point you to what you'll find in dictionaries, encyclopedias, and how people tend to use the word online.
>especially since "most people" will never have even encountered the English word agnostic
How did you determine that?

It's a philosophy now quit ya bitchin.

But one can never no. That is why I am a pure agnostic, neither believer or disbeliever. Neither theist or atheist, just agnostic. My way of perceiving life.

oh man. I think I'm gonna cry now.

Sauce nigga please

So, NOTHING MATTERS, but your genitals' relationship with your identity, the words you choose to express yourself, THOSE matter, yes? And what you choose to call them matters, yes? Because what they are-or-are-not matters, yes?

This isn't my pet cause or anything, but it's a VERY stark example of how "nihilism" as people use it is so picky about what does and doesn't matter. Apparently the only things you believe in are genitals and chromosomes.

Correct. On their own, words are just sounds coming out of your throat hole or scribbles on a page. Both parties of the conversation have to agree on a meaning or else you are just talking past each other.

I think that believing nothing matters is the number one thing you can do to help the status quo remain frozen. I think it's an excuse people use to not take responsibility for their own lives.

They want greatness but aren't willing to work for it, so thinking nothing matters in the end comforts them. Keeps them mediocre without them having to feel bad about it.

Hedonists also use it as an excuse to be degenerates and disregard the consequences of their actions.

Of course none of you are, you would have killed yourselves if you really believed in nihilism. But you don't, you just want an excuse. You think it's a good one because you're too dumb to refute it.

>pro tip: get hurt and see if your pain is meaningless, see if it doesn't matter.

I don't think the dude you're talking to is a nihilist. he's just arguing with you because he doesn't agree on your stance.

No. You are twisting the definition again.

>Isn't not knowing about LIFE, GODS or SCIENCE, a way of perceiving life.

This is wrong.
Agnosticism has no grounds in either LIFE or SCIENCE. It only pertains to the existence of GODS.

Get that through your thick skull

Pretty sure I've seen this exact post on a different thread.

Yes it's my philosophy on how I perceive life. I think I can never know anything for sure so there's no reason to believe or disbelieve. Talk respectfully or leave.

That's logically impossible. A and not A form a complete set, you either believe in at least one god (theist) or you don't (atheist).

Better go and become an hero. There are plenty of cucks. Go read some history. Roman empire, Balkans falling to the ottomans. Thats what cuckery gets you and thats what is happening now.

if that is the case, he can fuck right off because we're talking about nihilism. either he keeps to the topic or admits that he has no dog in this fight, and just saw the words "gender roles" and REEEE'd out.

No Donny, these men are nihilists

So you hold nothing to be true and remain undecided on everything?
If you don't, you have areas that you are agnostic in and areas you are gnostic in.

Wew lad

>he fell for the philosophy meme

You told me "No" first. You have a bad language to someone with different opinion than you. You seem unintelligent.

Or you refuse to anwer a stupid question (agnostic).

are you saying someone who isn't a self-proclaimed nihilist cannot argue on the points of nihilism?

whoa dude. you're gonna start hurting my feelings if you keep talking like that.

146 IQ and a nihilist, guess 99,99% of the population are brainlets eh?

No I get it you are a proud cuck. Im just showing my disgust with you.

Whether you answer the question or not is irrelevant and does not provide an alternative. You still either believe or you don't. To reject this is to reject logic.

I think you're the nihilist he's arguing with and your entire philosophical system just got destroyed on a Mongolian duck sauce enthusiasts board

>it's bad because fotm boogeyman bandwagon
T. Brainlet

>are you saying someone who isn't a self-proclaimed nihilist cannot argue on the points of nihilism?
no, but please find the argument about nihilism in this post
>Because they shove it in my face. I dont mind them being gay/trance whatever but they cant expect me to call them xie xier or call a guy with tits and long hair a woman. Im not saying they should be killed or stuff like that im just saying im not gonna call them what they arent. Also I hope a trannie rapes you so you can openly come out as a gay cuck.
or this one
>spoken like a true cuck

I rest my case.

cuz it's pasta idiot

sorry, I don't really care.

>146 IQ and a nihilist
We all believe you.

I refuse your concept of god and the function of believing in it. If you really wanted to take a logical approach to it you'd realize every single god is an amalgam of nature, society and the consequences of one's actions, personified.

Discussing wether or not there's a bearded dude in the clouds is for retards.

>I refuse your concept of god and the function of believing in it.
Then you do not believe in it and are an atheist.