youtube.com/watch?v=rFiBY8438xk
thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbt1952.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=rVDkI6neSRE
clyp.it/vim0z31l
clyp.it/f5duitpa
youtu.be/rpgdHpbQuDE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>inb4 make a living off or monetize tired old licks

If I was a girl I would do "let's play" youtube videos and wear skimpy outfit. Easy money.

Did that guy figure out how to doodlydoo? And did we decide whether it's in the wrist or the forearm?

either are acceptable, just don't fucking use your elbow like a dumb cunt.

$390 at my local pawn shop. Gonna buy.

>tele
vomit

guys complete beginner what electric guitar should i buy preferably

how to make a living off guitar/music, or just monetize on it
soundcloud.com/samuelcfaria

probably a squier stratocaster or ibanez gio

2:45 with the arm
youtu.be/GYJEfern7rg

he's using his wrist and his forearm. i wish you were permabanned.

the wrist is rigid, hes using the arm. forearm, that is

you're trying too hard.

Stop shitting up the general with your bullshit fucking music. You suck and nobody will ever care about music.

see

Acquire taste you fucking pleb lmao

*will ever care about your music

Please stop making music.

alright thanks for answer man
what do you thing of the epiphone special models

ok i'm leaving, thanks

Do it.

Get Ibanez as that's more versatile I guess but make sure it's hardtail. Floating bridge on cheap guitar is pain in the ass.

Bye.

youre either blind or retarded

i thought you said you were leaving, you stupid monkey.

>t. cant play

work on your trolling because it's terrible; much like your music.

it looks like youre trollin
however i have to correct something on that post
at 2:45 hes picking with the arm but also with the wrist. its @ 2:47 where he goes playing only one string, actual tremolo picking, that the wrist goes full rigid.

you mean what kind of engineering work?

brazillian quads

Please rate my acoustic cover. I'm pretty confident about it. I'm planning to play in pubs etc after couple of months. I have some good material coming up.

clyp.it/edmk2icu

looks like you already are confident about it. why post it on this general then?

not even funny
listen to it

how to make up from being isolated and shitposting for 3 years

>that fucking box
>taste
Maybe if you love slurping semen

vocaroo.com/i/s16QSphvcomY

Don't come back

My first guitar I bought for $250 off craigslist. It was $850 new.

ok ill tell crazyaga to come back

>vocaroo.com/i/s16QSphvcomY
I'm a producer for Prosthetic Records. I want to sign you up, what is your email? We are doing a grunge compilation flashback album. I will post you more details.

paulfrehley123@gmail

>If I was a girl
You would have to be somewhat attractive and it would help to have some "extras" to show off.

wait are you trolling
but i already posted my email
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

We know Ace is working for different label.

Can anyone recommend a book of jazz guitar sheet music? I'm interested in jazz and want to get my feet wet with some standards.

Just get a real book senpai

clyp.it/cn5x2ozi

other than the wall of sound towards the end, how are the guitar tones overall? i'm not very happy with it. luckily, i can just re-amp at any time.

Kiss are hilariously bad

why does /gg/ like them?

no theyre good musicians. first lineup atleast

how long will it take if im a beginner to be able to play fast like Mick Barr?

Do real books have full arrangements? I thought the music was intended to be more like guidelines than full arrangements.

samhue is not /gg/

Any good songs that aren't Misirlou for practicing tremolo/ double picking?

but they're really not

also lyrically they're cringy as fuck

Nah, just the chords and the melodies. All you need as a guitarist really. Do you mean like chord melody arrangements for solo guitar or entire arrangements for like a big band

mundoacorde.com/s/luis-alberto-spinetta/vete-de-mi-cuervo-negro_i4134

youtube.com/watch?v=63PvsShuhBA

is this tab accurate? could someone tell me what the guitars are doing, i noticed theres some slide, open tuning?

youtube.com/watch?v=YScz1fq1yQk

Why does all metal sound like a parody of metal

Because you're gay

>clyp.it/cn5x2ozi
Your whole mix seem to be very bass heavy. There isn't room for anything because bass, drums and guitar are all in the same space. I'd try to separate them by doing new mix. But nice thing, surprisingly high quality as such though. Because I thought /gg/ would only post le Gibson + Bob Dylan songs.

I'm just looking for some sheet music that I can play note for note and sound good

>tfw you will never write anything of value
just moved up my suicide date by a few weeks

totally agree with you regarding it being bass heavy. i'm forced to use my headphones instead of my monitors for the time being and it sucks balls. i really think it's the bass guitar ruining the mix.

write a suicide note
turn it into a song

also, thanks for listening.

it wouldn't be good

we can edit it

didn't Komm Susser Todd do that?

Get some good monitor headphones. It's like a gift from heaven to use them. It's very hard to get working mix even though you can 'hear' a good one when listening to professional records but trying to make it work on your own is pretty hard. I'm sure there are probably some standard rules about frequencies and such..

because metal is full of autists who think singing about satan and zombies is bad ass

i have sennheiser hd 280 pro's, but i really should invest in something better, desu. it might help if i used references as well.

you dont even have to be a girl
i saw a pewdiepie knockoff with 7 million subs
literally all you have to do is play an easy access game, scream/talk constantly about anything- doesnt even have to make sense, play stock music in the background and have le funny sound effects, and dont forget facecam with le funny :O XD faces
and blamo
i would do it but i have too much respect for myself

Yeah but good looks help, even for guys. Pewdiepie has worked as model and shit like that. I'd imagine that playing music is the same thing unless of course you are super gifted and play some virtuoso shit but that's a completely different thing. I wouldn't waste my talents for making youtube videos if I had such skills. But Youtube money making isn't that straightforward I think it was like 1000 = 1$, 10,000 = 10$ = 100,000 = 100$ and 1,000,000 = 1000$ if I remember correctly. I think it was Phillip McKnight who mentioned how much money he's able to make from his 'Know your Gear' videos. But it's funny that know your gear could also mean that he's talking about drugs lel.

youtube.com/watch?v=rFiBY8438xk
Reminder that guitar will never get you laid. All the qts are into bouzouki, even this ugly fuck has an adorable gf because of his sick bouzouki skill

>qt

she looks like m00t with a women's haircut

I can confirm this. This is the last known photograph of Moot. He didn't play any instrument did he? Wait, I remember... He was good at playing fagotte flute.

One guitar at 2.64mm. The other at 2mm. It will take some getting used to but I won't go back to the higher action.

is bass fun?

Yeah, as long as you play it like bass and not a guitar

what does that mean? are they not really similar?

>He doesn't like that sweet twang
Partner...

The technique is quite different. Some of the fretting hand technique is the similar to guitar but the plucking hand is totally different.

she looks so happy

oh. i'm planning on using a pick so

>younger brother wants to learn
>hes a massive weeb and insists on learning a FMA opening
>whatever just teach him to follow the tabs I found online
>month later he plays it perfectly

why do people even bother with chords?
seems like just developing the muscle memory by actually learning a song is best

thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbt1952.htm

> £115

Should I pull the trigger on this? It seems to be regarded as a pretty decent cheap Tele. My current guitar is a 90s Ibanez RG550 which I don't particularly enjoy playing, and I could probably sell it for about £315 and have a bit of cash to upgrade the hardware and pickups on the chink tele.

Alternatively I could watch the used market and probably get something like a Mexican Fender Tele, Indonesian G&L Tribute Asat, or Schecter PT for about £400.

I'm pretty drunk right now and this feels like one of those situations where I'll feel like a shekel saving genius if it's a decent guitar or I'll chastise myself for being a moron if it's crap (although I could just return it for £15 postage).

> bouzouki

Get a load of this greasy Greek geek. Everyone knows the hurdy gurdy drops the most panties.

youtube.com/watch?v=rVDkI6neSRE

pretty sure pick related did as well

Stupid idea. Just get tele pickups for the RG or a used mim fender like you said

I don't know about you but some of my favorite songs have been written in the space of 30 minutes to an hour.

The more you overthink and worry about writing something of "value" the less likely you are to write something of value because you end up being too insecure and self-conscious.

With grain like that it might be hit or miss. Go ahead and take a chance. Like you said, you can always return it.

>hurdy gurdy
Nobody does as much muffin stuffin' as a Jew's harp player. If you wanna ram the clam, better pick the right instrument.

I just wanna say, thank you user who posted Frank Gambale Chop builder. Man do my fingers, and wrist hurt lol. Also, to the user who told me to focus on my right hand as well. I can feel my chops being built.

Always, always use the lowest action possible. Adjust it until you get no fret buzz or bad intonation. You can most probably live with little fret buzz if it's not audible through amplifier.

These guys do heroin and you should too if you want to be great musician.

> swap my Schecter H/S/H Strat (ash body, maple neck and fretboard, generic Schecter pickups) with my friend's Epiphone Les Paul (mahogany body, maple top, rosewood fretboard, Seymour Duncan SH2/SH4 pickups) for shitsengiggles
> it sounds dark and muddy and has nowhere near as much 'bite' no matter what settings I mess with

Is this more down to the pickups or the difference in woods? If I'm not mistaken the traditional Les Paul tone is supposed to be "smooth and creamy" but if the Epi is anything to go by those are just synonyms for muddiness. Is it just a matter of taste?

The wood affects sound but not as much as you would think. See some comparison videos on youtube perhaps.

The biggest thing which affects your sound is your string gauge and which kind of pickups you have. Seymour Duncans are almost always really fucking nice unless they are fucked up somehow, maybe the guy who installed them didn't do his job properly, grounding etc could be an issue. Also are you sure you don't have your tone knob or pickup selector messed up? Also pickup and string height will affect the tone clarity...

What did it feel like the first time you plucked an 8-string /gg/? What deep seated emotions did it bring out?

Also I need to know some good brands/signatures to look for/try, I'm going tomorrow to go start my search in buying my first 8 string I'm omega psyched.

I recorded some basic strumming from You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory to compare the two. It might not be the best comparison track but I think it illustrates my point.

clyp.it/vim0z31l

clyp.it/f5duitpa

Can you tell which is the Les Paul with Seymour Duncans and which is the Schecter Strat with in-house humbuckers?

im a begginer guitar player and my goal is to create music in math rock genere. Is it possible to explore this genere when you haveo nly accustic guitar ? i think its only for electronic guitar...

What skills/theory should i focus on when aiming for this genere ?

Watch Sam westphalen cover tool acoustically RIGHT. NOW.

youtu.be/rpgdHpbQuDE