Y'all ever been to any music festivals? Is it a good experience?

Y'all ever been to any music festivals? Is it a good experience?

Headed to this tomorrow and not sure what to expect.

>Metallica AND Fleet Foxes

He'll yeah

What's fleet foxes

Nope

This lineup is normie trash.

There's never been a festival around here where I liked more than 1/4 of the bands, so the only times I've been to one has been because someone invited me. They're full of obnoxious people and food is ridiculously overpriced. Not worth it unless you're a fan of like half the stuff, at least.

gone to all kinds of festivals both solo and with other people
if you are going with other people, just make sure you have a rendevouz point and enjoy yourselves
if you go alone dont worry theres a lot of other people who go solo as well, make sum friends

oh, also this eat and shit before the festival, you won't feel hungry until the day is over

outside lands is cool

golden gate park is a great place for any type of concert

food is pricey but its sf so it's also really fucking good

also it seems like they've been struggling with sales this year so probably won't be as crowded as it's been, although idk the crowds went I went were kinda shitty vibe-wise

and it's big, plan accordingly if you want to go between the main stage and twin peaks cause it's a bit of a walk

the experience is life changing
something you will never witness ever again in your day to day life
youll see what i mean when you get there
pic related

Never been but I got tickets to this, feel like it should be a decent time, gonna roll the night New Order plays, hopefully it'll make up for the lack of Hook

this*

edm festivals are cool
other ones suck ass

yeah if i was anywhere near chicago i'd def go to this

damn that's actually a really good line up

Throw lumps of shit at Solange

I go to at least 2 3-day festivals a year and maybe some smaller 2 days. they are great if you like getting high and listening to music and maybe even dancing. bring your own roll of toilet paper and thing of hand sanitizer because the portapotties will instantly run out if theyre in operating condition at all. if its a dry/dusty area bring a bandana figure it out

tho if u go to a normie fest ur gonna be surrounded by a bunch of bland music and bland people

Depends on which fest obviously but as long as it's decently indie it's not too bad. If you go to something like Lolla the people are gonna be really annoying and young but even Pitchfork was "small" enough that it was a fun experience. Just go with an open mind.

I dont like going outside or talking to people.
From what i hear music festivals are corporately sponsored 10 day weekends in the sweltering heat with dude bros and instagram sluts being herded around like cattle to listen to whatever garbage millennials listen to

I'm going to Saturday only for this one just for RTJ and NIN

It's that the same people keep getting everything. You know it's like this terry. You know the government right? You know why that housing bill went through? Because he'd bought the fucking property and is going to make a million. Fucking cunts.
Put you're hand on your heart and tell me "it's not like this Christopher "

Go on,

this line-up is a masterpiece. you have icons from the 60's together along with icons from 2000's psychedelia.

Ive been to FYF 2013, every Mayhem fest and Ozzfest, and 3 insomniac fests. Theyre all amazing, nothing to compare

wow saturday is so much better, laughably so.

that sounds great, especially since theyve been playing Ultraviolence. would LOVE to roll to that. why no hooky though? tat blows

yeah desert daze is just too good. 2016 I believe was the best year though. I really wanted to go but my heroin dependency has eaten all my finances. luckily im trying to get clean now...

Yea, desert daze is always great, last year was also definitely better.

Austin Psych Fest/Levitation also has consistently amazing line ups, theyve cancelled the past two years so i cant wait to see 2018s lineup