Why is the world cup trophy so shitty looking? It's by far and away the biggest most important trophy in all of sport...

Why is the world cup trophy so shitty looking? It's by far and away the biggest most important trophy in all of sport, but the main portion of it looks like it's made out of fucking papier-mâché. The globe at the top and the mantle at the bottom are okay but the rest of it looks terrible.

>OP in charge of having artistic sense

It's rough & crumbly clay-sculpture base creates interesting dialogue with the finished globe atop it.

unironically the best looking trophy in sports

That just sounds like "it looks like shit so it makes the non shitty parts look better". The whole thing should just not look like shit. The most prestigious title in the history of athletic competition should not be rough and crumbly.

Tell you what, whatever argument you're trying to start about this trophy, you've won. It seems as you'll struggle to understand the language behind its design

>waaaaaah things are bad

i hate what this site has become

>a golden tinfoil wrap is the best looking trophy in sports

It's iconic. At least it's not just a cup like every other trophy in sports.

that's massive gold, you moron

because its REAL unlike the plastic coca cola trophies americunt shitty sports award

compared to what other trophies?

>nba gold ball
shit
>commissioners trophy
too large, looks retarded desu
>stanley cup
actually serves a purpose for being large, one of the best
>lombardi trophy
it's silver, wtf why is it silver you won the superbowl, should be gold at least. same with the PL trophy and La Liga

The PL trophy has a gold crown though. Also the Invincibles trophy has a gold body.

still better than this abomination or any of those shitty gangsta rap style 1kg rings planted with bazillions of diamonds the US leagues distribute.

I just looked up the early 1900s trophy, this shit is fucking awesome. WHY DID THEY CHANGE IT?

Because some monkey hue stole it and it's never been found

Because Brazil won it three times

When you win it three times you get it forever

It was stolen, then replaced. That one was tiny as fuck too

I agree with you re the rings. Always thought it was nigger tier ugly shit

>just a cup

Get back to me when your trophy has the name of every player that's ever won engraved on it

look at how many rings this guy won

a true hall of famer

Brazil won it 3 times so they got to keep it and they designed a new one. Then it got stolen and lost forever because hues are subhuman, so now no country can ever keep the new World Cup forever (they get a gold-plated bronze replica instead).

>every player that's ever won engraved on it
They're not engraved on the trophy, they're engraved on detachable rings (which are eventually replaced).

>world cup
>shitty looking
>says a country that has literal ugly turds like the Stanley cup as trophies

shiggy diggy lad

have sex

weights
shower
clue

go

I like the Libertadores trophy, even tho it's a bit dumb looking.

The brazilian Taça Das Bolinhas was great too.

>When you win it three times you get it forever
really?

do you imagine that copa in 100 years
it will be fucking huge

That was only true for the Jules Rimet trophy. Now the winning team gets a replica.

holy shit

it was small af in the 80s

>call it the world cup
>trophy has no cup

Soccerfags are incredidbly intelligent and original

>the thing you get for winning the WORLD CUP is not a cup
why?

just call it the World Tropy then.

I guess they'll handle it like the stanley cup. so the rings get detached and displayed in the HoF when they're replaced. think its every7 years for the stan lee

The original World Cup trophy was a cup, they just didn't bother to rename the tournament after redesigning the trophy.

When Brazil won it, yes

People saying they changed it because it was stolen are just talking out of their asses, it was stolen after the current WC already existed

IIRC the current trophie was meant to be permanent and no one gets it, but if you see the base of it they are about to run out of space

That's haram

Lord Stanley would like to have a word with you

Shitty trophy for the worlds shittiest "sport".
Seems legit

This is a legit 10/10 trophy, I like it.

The tinfoil man form a cup. The world is inside

i can't think of a better looking trophy

>a spherical earth

oh you

The ashes is actually the best trophy in world sport

>not even the original trophy

>he thinks a 4 point stand is a cup

Like i said incredibly intelligent and original. You soccerfags are like fucking rhodes scholars

I mean like the Europa League trophy. Imagine putting a dodgeball in top and that's where the World Cup's cup goes

kek

Looks like an upside down testicle tbhfam

Those clippings on the side make it looks like its ready to take form as a huge champions column.

Needs a redesign where the globe is a rare diamond being hugged by pure gold.

Only poor people like this sport