You have 1 second to explain why you don't listen to Stefan Molyneux

You have 1 second to explain why you don't listen to Stefan Molyneux.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3wCZPTSo1_U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sounds like the name of a tranny crack whore

Don't remotely know who that is

thats fair

/thread

Because he runs a cult, and practice's pseudo psychological therapies.

He's pretty good on most topics, particularly politics.

>Stefan Molyneux.
He's an entry-level skeptic. Not bad by any means, but I prefer Drunken Uncle, Suit Yourself, Irate bear, Ranting Monkey and others of that sort. Stefan Molyneux is pop culture skeptic territory.

Lost all respect and interest when he started doing shit with Alex Jones

I quit listening to him for a while when he got carried away and got really culty. He let the "power" of popularity go to his head for a while.

I think he has been regrounded now, and i'll listen to his stuff when I come across him.

Ancaps arent even funny anymore. Its a serious desease.

Because I only listen to good music, like Kidz bop

I remember once when he had a flat earther call in. It was clear Stefan had not done his homework and he proceeded to make basic questions about the theory anyway that watched a 5min video about it could reply to.
Not to mention every discussion he has with people that call in he doesn't give them a chance to talk and ridicules them.

because democracy is about giving the marginalized a voice too. Not everyone was born with good genetics.

because his ideas can not exist in real life no matter how much he cries taxation is theft

>because democracy is about giving the marginalized a voice too.
Commie leave.

He's a hack whose meager contributions to "philosophy" are easily refuted. He's cringeworthily full of himself. He's pandering to right wingers in ways that are completely contradictory to the principles he once espoused. He's obsessed with race and the inferiority of other people.

Complete nonsense.

>commie

You know that means bigger government and less power to the people right?

in ancient greece, being ugly was itself a refutation. socrates the ugly, the most devilish of kind. as says, democracy is about giving everyone a single swing of an axe together or against among an issue shared.

I used to listen to him but It turns out he isn't as open and honest as he claims. A while ago he started doing false dmca on people who criticized him and banning people on his forums who talked about it. I decided that I was going to look into it some more and ended up running across some of his former close listeners dishing out some dirt on him. There was even a website that posted pics and rumors about his inner circle. Claiming Stefan was fucking one of his fans (just a claim) and photos of mike's wife in bondage gear. I think she had a kink website at one point or something.

Well I was scheduled to go on his show as a call in around this time so I sent mike the link and told him that he should see about getting this taken down for doxing. He responded by blocking me and refusing to talk with me anymore. I will say that Stephan does say a lot of things that are helpful and true but after having this experience I know he will deceive and silence people to make himself look good. When one of his main talking points is openness and honesty I just can't help but feeling like he is only using that as a manipulative tactic. I was a huge fan of his up until this happened and I can't help but to feel a little betrayed.

I'm older than 12

>giving a fuck about what some youtuber thinks

If you get your ideas, opinions, and outlook on the world from some youtube "intellectual", you probably oughta go ahead and kys real quick.

Stopped reading at the lies. Blocked, reported and not an argument.

I don't know that much about socrates other than plato wrote about him as his biggest influence. We should uphold the republic.

I do faggot but I'm not buying his books

Bill burr (and Sam Hyde) exist, checkmate

Yes you should get it from the anointed tv personas only. Free press is poop Stephen Colbert says so.

Nah, I'm an adult, have a brain, and I'm not a complete retard, I dont need someone to tell me how to think

Argument required.

Who?

Age of 18 to be here required

he's long-winded. His ramble:argument ratio is very poor

His video that "proves" morality is objective is 60 minutes long. I'm not going to watch the whole thing just so that when he finally gets to his laughably bad proof I can be satisfied knowing exactly how wrong he is

Talk to me like a normal person instead of using his dismissal tactics. I am telling you what happened to me and at the very least you should want to investigate to see if there is anything to these claims. Try bringing up something that shines a bad light on him in the forum or in an email and see if you don't get blocked. Not just a hate thread but one of his hot button issues. The argument isn't "he hurt muh feelings" it is that he isn't what he says he is.

He said frozen is about femenism and lesbians. I think this is a bit of a stretch. I liked the movie, I don't care what he says about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=3wCZPTSo1_U

Cuck and school shooter

It depends if you are spamming his forum. I think it's made up that doesn't seem remotely like Stefan. Provide good proof for these claims.

>2017
>caring about what some bald, low t, canadian cuckold has to say
>fucking ever

Meh.. more alt-right fake news.
He acts like he knows what he's talking about, always seems to reference "sources."
I dare his followers to actually follow up on those sources. Its almost always laughable BS.

I don't like his games

>Alt-right
Proof?

Thats literally 100% of all these youtube "intellectuals", they spout a bunch of bullshit they read somewhere else like they got the world all figured out.

Lmao give it up shareblue.

Are you questioning his alt-right alignment? Do you listen to... anything he says? lol

cause peterson is better

Yes. You can stop shilling.

>shareblue
Far from it, soyboy. Rattle of more buzzwords

*off

Sure thing bro.

Because in his old videos, he used to explicitly name the Jew as the cause of the vast majority of the problems faced by contemporary Western civilisation.

But now he won't go all the way -- he won't ever tell the whole truth -- because he's afraid of his channel being monetised.

Yeah I get that but you don't know this man you just know what he wants to show you. Just like any public figure his on air persona is crafted to portray him in a certain light. I didn't believe it either until I looked into it and experienced it for myself. Isn't Stephan always the one saying to do you resaerech an make you own mind up? Try researching this and asking questions in the forums or to mike and see if it am telling the truth or not. Idk about now but the questions that used to really upset him were questions about the inner circle members that left, questions about his wife getting into trouble, and the dmca stuff. try being objective and not "that doesn't sound like Stephan" because no one should be above question or doubt. Especially if you present yourself as an person to be listened to.

Poorly-sourced arguments that are directly contradicted by examples from the same places he gets them from.

shilling for who? Soros?
Just so you know Soros loves this guy. And all the alt-right for that matter.

Do you think I'm going to read all that shit? Provide proof for those ridiculous claims.

Yes I'm sure he does.

His philosophy of Universally Preferable Behavior is fundamentally flawed, has been shown to him to have these flaws, but rather than inteact and potentially fix those flaws he has blocked and banned people when they point them out.

Although he claims he is interested in dialogue he is only interested in building an echo chamber.

This means anything he may have to say which is interesting is most likely being said by someone else who doesn't have such flaws.

He's a delusional free market libertarian.
In the same vein, pretty much none of what he says can be feasibly implemented.

You can listen to his long ass videos and podcasts but you can't read a few lines? If you refuse to do your research or question your master then you are just a fucking zealot. You want the proof it is there, you are just lazy and scared of what you might find.

This is the core problem of the alt-right. They will dig and dig and dig over things like pizza-gate, but when you tell them facts like "there are no sources or examples of successful single race/culture, high tarrif, strict border, unregulated capitalism" they do zero reading and start the autistic screeching.

I'm a liberal.

I used to be very active in his community and I met a lot of people from his website. They almost all had one thing in common. They all had some really fucked up past or huge social problems and they were looking for answers. The types of people searching for him are the types that are hurting and desperately searching for something to cling to for guidance. I think that what Stephan teaches is ultimately a very negative thing in these people's lives. They are so desparate for acceptance and understanding that they cut off friends and family who don't follow this mindset and end up making their problems worse.

Can confirm. Was this.

nice projecting

He sold himself out and is not a phylosophical atheist libertarian anymore. The history of your enslavement is his best video to be honest, he was awesome but not anymore

Nice superficial dismissive comment. I literally give a firsthand account of my experience and instead of adressing the content you assign me a character trait so that you can dismiss what I said. I find it especially ironic since you are a fan of a guy that likes to have debates.

>you assign me a character trait
you assigned people who listen to him character traits of being broken
you're a fucking hypocrite

>implying that was an argument

There are a couple of stances pushed as more realistic or as if an explanation is owed...

> two constants are that reality is objective and logic
> human condition and experience are similar enough to estimate what is pleasant and prosperous to others

UPB only has autistic screeching about the right to self-comfort and being owed a response/conduct from others... acknowledging that one's life is finite and has value isn't the a negative

Who?

I didn't assign them anything I made a comment based on what the told me about themselves. Called a depressed person depressed isn't assigning them a trait or projecting it is just the truth. You are so angry you can't even make a good argument. I'm starting think that you are upset because you are one of those people who can't admit it.

you are generalizing, which led me to believe you were just projecting. you are also assuming things about people AKA labeling them something they probably arent as if you know them personally. you have a right to your opinion of people, but dont get defensive when someone argues in the same matter that you are

because ben garrison draws him like that

fuck dude, you're on Sup Forums, why the hell are you arguing like a freshman in a bar after one philosophy lecture?

because he's a pseudo intellectual

He simply stopped being fun to listen to and changed his approach from "here's some knowledge so you can reflect on this subject from this point of view" to "do what I say now and donate to me or western civilization will end!"

There's barely any logic or reason in his videos anymore, not that Ben Garrison would even know what those are.

Because he's become so obsessed with race that he abandoned anarchism and is now a pathetic boot licker. The chemo destroyed his mind.

(checked)

Because he is an utter moron. He is the idiot's "smart guy". Listen to his video where he debates a creationist, he has no idea what he is talking about and fails to rebut even the dumbest and simplest of things that the loony christian brings up.

What part about me getting to know these people and relating what they told me about their lives do you not understand? I made a comment based of the people that I talked to not everyone on the site. When I say talked to I don't mean on the forums I mean on skype/phone. I would have called them friends at this point. If you actually read what I said instead of making excuses for things I never said then you wouldn't be having this problem.

>I like this celebrity but once I looked into their sex life, dating life, what they eat for breakfast and what their favorite songs are I gotta say I just don't like them man you shouldn't watch their movies did you know they have a really ugly couch in their living room? I mean I guess you wouldn't know they banned me when I posted 25 threads on their forums with the picture I took from the windows after finding their address online and they refused to ask me why they had that couch... just not good people man.

His vid of Nixon's life was pretty good

This is the oldest anti-Stefan argument in the book and isn't even specific to him. Anyone who is going through problems will cling to someone they can look up to who has similar views and has their shit together (or at least pretends to on camera). It's no surprise that Stefan, much like many other youtubers, even big ones like Pewdiepie or whatever that one spanish guy was, has a fanbase with some problems that idolizes them.
The only difference being that Stefan has this narrow, purist view of family and people often bring up his "defooing" bs as crazy cultist talk to steal children from their family oh no :(. When in reality it's something that makes complete sense, it's just not for those people who already have fucked up lives.

I don't have any interest in the opinions of fat self aggrandizing white trash.

dont know who it is. Good enough reason?