Why was I taught in elementary school that Sunday was the first day of the week?

Why was I taught in elementary school that Sunday was the first day of the week?

????

What are you driving at?

>Sunday was the first day of the week

The first day of the week (for most), Sunday has been set aside as the “day of the sun” since ancient Egyptian times in honor of the sun-god, beginning with Ra. The Egyptians passed their idea of a 7-day week onto the Romans, who also started their week with the Sun's day, dies solis.

Why the fuck would the US adopt that thousands of years later, pass biblical times where sunday is the last day
Im sure they teach kids that monday is the first day now, but wtf. I know im not the only one who was taught this.

The autism is getting real deep in here already guys.

Not sure if trolling. Trolling? Ya, trolling.

becuz amerilard stoopid hyuk

Not sure if a faggot. Faggot? Ya, faggot.

I'm not OP.

But really. Why is this even being discussed?

Sunday has always been first

America has always been first as well but that's out the window now too

Yesh...

Yesh...

Wait, it isn't the first day of the week?

Because some people afford that day some arbitrary sense of importance based on their religious beliefs.

Hm no wonder the UK is experiencing mass terrorist attacks, your police cant even carry guns. Sure our police is trigger happy but who cares, theyre shooting niggers afterall.

> the only other country in the world is the UK
Get hurricaned you fucking retard

When did I claim that. Also the UK isnt a country you autist. Scotland, England, and Wales are countries.

Fucking hurricanes. All over your shitty degenerate backwards country. Until all that's left is a clean fresh slate

Sunday first day of most pay periods. The most important thing.

Haha completely ignoring your illiterate error. My mistake, at least Britbongs are more intelligent than whatever third world country you come from.

> the new fourth world still calling other people names

>the country of the United Kingdom

that doesnt sound too right

The dude who thinks the UK is a country top kek

Do you actually think the REAL united states gives any fuck about florida or texas

>Only the part of America I live in is the real America.

So where ya from buddy?

Denmark, which incidentally isn't part of the US at all.

America and the United States arent the same thing you fucking mong. Its the united states OF america. We are a country IN america.
Holy shit somebody teach this retard geography

And you seem to think the entire US is affected by the hurricanes. Man i thought our news here was fake

America has become shorthand for the united states of america, heck we even call you guys americans, even though canadians, mexicans and all of the people in south america could lay claim to the same name.
I never said that, but that would be a convenient way for you to write me off if I did.
I'm another user than the one you were initially talking to.

>Also the UK isnt a country you autist. Scotland, England, and Wales are countries.
Really? Are you going to make us go back to 1700 and call it an empire? It's a country by all modern definitions.

What would you call somone from northern Ireland.

Well of course you call us americans. What would you call us? United statesians?
My mistake, just kinda funny how people in other countries think we're being decimated by the hurricanes. We give more a fuck about texas than we do florida. Lmao.

Its called the United Kingdom for a reason lmao

Irish, or a more broad term British you fucking retard

No its a United Kingdom. The united part being the countries that unite it into the UK. Jesus are you trolling

I hate sundays

It kind of sounds like people from other countries are more worried about the wellbeing of your countrymen than you are.
I mean a category 5 or above is scary shit and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

But N. Ireland is only a small part of geographic Ireland, the same way that the U.S.A is only a small part of geographic America, you hypocritical moron.

It is. You just think Monday is the first because that's when the work/school week starts.

OK what would you call someone from N Ireland than? Not Irish or British obviously since Im wrong. So what?

>The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK) and colloquially Great Britain (GB) or simply Britain, is a sovereign country in western Europe.

So you wouldnt call someone from north ireland british? Thats like saying people born in alaska are canadian. Wtf are you on about

OK what would you call someone from the USA then? Not American obviously since I'm wrong. So what?
The point is, it's perfectly fucking fine to call somone from Northern Ireland Irish, and it's perfectly fine to call somone from the United States of America American.

That guy bringing up northern Ireland is a retard, that's a lot more complicated than anywhere in america lmao

Learn to fucking read. Also earlier I said of course you call us American. No shit. Im saying dont call the US america. The americas is south and north america collectively

Britain excludes Ireland.

Not N. Ireland

North Ireland is Britain

Northern Ireland != north Ireland

Okay tell me whats the difference between Northern Ireland and North Ireland

Hmm thats weird when i google north ireland, northern ireland pops up. Maybe its incorrect to call it north ireland, but you seem to think north ireland is a completely different place as northern ireland