ITT: Albums you wish were discussed more on Sup Forums

ITT: Albums you wish were discussed more on Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=srKqjbROOmE
youtube.com/watch?v=SPSoNdWOWpw
youtube.com/watch?v=IJJOB5NxQQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=18VNMrHXZxc
youtube.com/watch?v=nNEaNsnYRUs
youtube.com/watch?v=prKz8-RQngM
youtube.com/watch?v=-WJI6fhTNXo
youtube.com/watch?v=N-9cAsMvnVY
youtube.com/watch?v=fYfOwWri_vs
youtube.com/watch?v=zbRlAygcMFo
youtube.com/watch?v=d7dDG1nNg0c
youtube.com/watch?v=jsG2M66-_xc
youtube.com/watch?v=sfQoC-lUPC8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fashion Week

good shit friendo

nice gets

They will never discuss that on here.

I heard it a few days ago, great album, even if there seems to be no context or story at all (because the lyrics are in a non-existent language) the whole composition and
atmosphere of the songs, as well as the estructure of the album make it seem as if there was really telling a story (mostly like a movie soundtrack).

This board needs more prog in general.

Any Allman Bros record though Brothers and Sisters. Gregg dies it really didn't affect this board. Also, they show up in more than a few best American bands lists here.

Also, any Police record.Their New Wave contemporaries U2, Tears for Fears, Talking Heads, The Clash, and even Devo are all discussed here regularly and the Police made it every bit as huge as those guys and were every bit as creative.

Non-Anglo prog, honestly. Italy, France and Germany have great prog stuff.
>tfw no Swiss prog

Any recs to get someone into the prog from those countries?

France, the obvious reccomendation is Magma; Italy, I'll go with Le Orme; Germany, Can.

Thanks. Le Orme is the only one im not familiar with.

I always felt like this one was very very Sup Forums

Naked City.

>74481099
Literally any post-Gabriel Genesis prog album.

The Working Hour is probably the best song of the new wave/synthpop 80's. Have seen this mentioned on here a few times though

Premiata Forneria Marconi is a cool Italian prog band.

Honestly that album as a whole is just fantastic, brilliantly done new wave with incredible refinement.

Machine Girl - WLFGRL
ether im a major autz or i just never see many people talk about this album

>Germany
youtube.com/watch?v=srKqjbROOmE
youtube.com/watch?v=SPSoNdWOWpw
youtube.com/watch?v=IJJOB5NxQQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=18VNMrHXZxc

>France
youtube.com/watch?v=nNEaNsnYRUs
youtube.com/watch?v=prKz8-RQngM

>Italy
youtube.com/watch?v=-WJI6fhTNXo

Love you

Maxophone is great ITA prog

One more from each country

youtube.com/watch?v=N-9cAsMvnVY
youtube.com/watch?v=fYfOwWri_vs
youtube.com/watch?v=zbRlAygcMFo

It's okay, really. I mean, it's nice ear candy on the singles released, but synthpop hasn't really aged well. Good if you want to feel nostalgic though.

Bruh, I've seen this posted every day for the past month or so. Either it's been you every time or that album is getting recognized heavily.

There's so many great prog bands from other countries that fade into obscurity because they aren't English. Once you go down the rabbit hole you can discover a lot of cool bands, but it's hard to recommend because there's a shitload and hard to find a place to start.

It's really incredible how much there is. I've been at it for at least 5 or 6 years on discogs, progarchives, all the blogs that are around, and I'm still finding really good albums and bands all the time. You do have to sift through a lot of sub par stuff to find it though. Or listen to an entire album of half assed tracks for that one 8 minute song that has some incredible playing on it

POSERCORE ALERT!

Gentle Giant is terrible.
People like to meme about ELP or Tales From Topographic Oceans embodying all that is wrong with prog, but in reality it's Gentle Giant (or maybe Henry Cow). Literally No Fun: The Band.

I love GG. The consensus seems to be that Octopus is their best, personally I'd pick The Power & The Glory as their best studio album but Playing The Fool is where it's really at. I feel like the production on their studio work is a bit too restrained at times and the live recordings make the music feel much more alive in comparison. Crazy good musicianship in this band too.

its been me lol

Neverthe see Japan mentioned on this board

Why the fuck is it posercore?

Stfu you just heard that sample on Strange Ways

You don't know shit about old music

I absolutely hate that album. How can something so boring be so annoying.

This used to be discussed all the time but not anymore.

kys

Please off yourself

david sylvian in general is severely underrated by mu and i have made threads about him over the years only for no one to ever respond.
Sylvian is like bowie if bowie decided to get even weirder and experimental. There was a short time i was really deep into his solo stuff which i think is superior to japan.

youtube.com/watch?v=d7dDG1nNg0c

youtube.com/watch?v=jsG2M66-_xc

youtube.com/watch?v=sfQoC-lUPC8

I've tried to get into him, his music is sometimes posted when theres a Talk Talk thread. I thought Secrets of the Beehive was pretty interesting in a lot of ways, but I couldn't get past his vocals, like trying to listen to Hollis if you didn't adore his voice would be really off putting to the compositions. Maybe he'll click eventually I dont know

lmfao shut up

Sick banter my fellow 4channer

It's probably for the best, most people don't actually seem to like it...I used to always assume it was revered as a classic in the same way as ITAOTS since they were often compared but then I saw the huge difference in ratings on RYM and realized people don't actually like this album which is a shame because it's actually really fucking amazing if you don't think of it as a meme as many people (wrongly) do with ITAOTS or TMR

there is nothing to be discussed about zeuhl seriously

like, I like zeuhl, but it is too ridiculous to have anything interesting to say about it

this