Sup Forums

Sup Forums
I want to find God, but I don't know how. Also, does finding God improve your life at all? Why are there so many people suffering in this world if that's the case?
If you're a troll then fuck off. I only want to speak to people that have found God and how God has improved their life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ive found god. It's myself. Acid told me that. I am my own god.

So you don't believe in a higher being that had the ability to decide how our life will pan out?

it's a meme you dip, you will never ever meet ''god'' let alone all the expectations you are having because it's a fucking meme you dipshit

now get a fair amount of knowledge about symbology and get yourself into ancient civilizations occult practices on an anthropological point of view if you want to understand wtf they are talking about thru the symbols

I have found God.

Finding God is like finding Love. It is realizing something in your heart that you have always known and that just makes perfect sense. I decided to join a church about 2 years ago because I wanted my son to grow up in a church like I did. I was something of an agnostic at that time. I really had trouble with my faith until I started attending sermons and bible study and realized just how much wisdom there is in the Bible.

Our church also does a lot of charity and work with the homeless and ex convicts. I think helping people is so rewarding and it really drives home the spirit of what God is all about.

Alot of ancient civilizations believed in God.
>odin
>ra
>Zeus
>Tlaloc

Did they all fall for the meme as well?

What type of wisdom did you feel? How did regular sermons and Bible study affect your faith and why did it?

not really, i never have. and even if i did, it would be more watchmaker shit, where it doesnt influence our actions or have a predetermined path. either way it doesnt matter to me though

If you find out when you die that there is a God would you want to be reborn and follow his ways? Or you still wouldn't care.

What's your opinion on what happens after death?

you really didn't understand my post, did you?

... also you really have to realize that this world can be a terrible shitty place for a lot of people but in perfect love without sin, we wouldn't have nearly as much pain and suffering as we do. The entropy of the whole universe as it extends to eventual heat death is entirely symbolic of how this realm we exist in is defined by the linear passage of time to ultimate death.

Embracing the existence of us having a soul that is connected outside of this plane of existence is a possibility that we should consider. There are many clues all around us that suggest at the very least we live in some kind of simulation or possibly something with some intelligent design behind it. We don't know for certain but I have faith that it could very well be true we might continue to exist after death in some exotic way.

if i found out there was any semblance of a being higher than humans, aliens, god, what have you, i would throw myself on the ground begging them for whatever knowledge they possess. Im 100% serious.

You're saying that God is a meme, and that ancient civilizations used symbols to express their God, no?

My wife was permanently damaged by her pregnancy and I was mostly on my own trying to take care of an infant and a family. I knew real hardship and suffering. I knew what it was like to selflessly give and sacrifice.

The sermons I attended spoke to suffering but also love. They showed the joy of helping others, it was as if each sermon specifically was chosen for that moment in my life. For instance, being a scientific minded person, I very much like to see proof of things to accept things, the story of Doubting Thomas was so relevant it was scary.

I really wish God would just fucking reveal himself and help me, if he does exist

Lol tbh I'd do the same. Imagine the knowledge that a God would have, or an alien.

Some humans are incredibly smart, so if there was anything that was higher then us then imagine what they could do.

youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE

DMT

That would make too much sense user, god doesn't work like that apparently.
He's basically the game master from hell, who won't let on how to succeed in his story.

Do you know what a meme is?

Something that everyone believes/ a joke.

So... The thing about God is... Hmm... You have to submit to him. It's like an intervention that we ALL naturally think we don't need. I can only speak from a Christian perspective, but whatever you are turning to God for isn't gonna just magically be fixed. It takes a lot of work to overcome your self and to accept that life kinda sucks but that doesn't mean you have to suck. Does that make sense?

But if you are interested in Christianity, find a church in your area and just sit in on a sermon. Or ask the pastor some questions.

My dad had a saying about belief without work it went like this "You gotta stand around with your mouth open for a very long while, before a fried chicken flies into it".

Very true

There is no God newfag, and you should be glad.

Found God. I did it by engaging in a dedicated search through several different religions. Finally settled on Christian, but your mileage may vary.

If you are curious about the Christian path, read the New Testament of The Bible. A New International Version is recommended for readability. An NIV study Bible will also be useful for footnotes and alternate translations of the original greek text.

Save the Old Testament for later as it is really only a history lesson of the Isrealites and the Prophecy of the coming savior.

One of the best arguments for Christ can be found in Romans, beginning in Chapter 7 verse 14. The author, Paul, makes a pretty good case, and his own history is pretty interesting.

He also told me to know instead of believing.
That part you might disagree with.
He was very enabling once I reached my teens and wanted to read up on religions though, I dunno how many different religious books he rented for me from the library.

Not true. God has given simple and precise instructions on how to succeed.

Love God with all your heart, mind, body, and strength.

Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Simple, concise, tougher than it looks

Yeah, I'll admit for a while, I was always afraid that I would read or learn or experience something that would shake my faith. That stunted my growth as a person and a Christian.

Humans wrote those rules though.
I actually think my brain is unable to be religious, so loving an entity without proof with all of my heart, mind, body and strength is out of reach for me.
It's like telling me to make up an entirely new animal, without using parts I already know and then telling me to believe it actually exists and has an impact on my life.
But yeah, both the old testament and the new was written by humans, there are no actual proof that this is what god wants of us.
The fact that there are so many religions is proof of that.
I read into it because I saw other people draw benefit from it. I just never found a religion that sounded reasonable to me, they all wanted me to believe things without proof and shame me for seeing other religions on the side.

I found God
on the corner of First in Amistad

Is it possible to find God when you haven't found yourself? I fucking hate myself so how can I love anyone else if I can't even love another thing? When something bad happens to someone else I don't have any emotions unless it directly influences me.

There is no god other than what you choose to believe in.

God inspired humans to write those rules. Loving someone you don't know begins with loving yourself. Having faith in something you haven't seen begins with having faith in yourself.

The biggest, most difficult obstacle to me believing in God, was overcoming the ingrained idea that I was not worth saving, not worth loving.

Making that leap, having that faith that God does love me, came from believing that someone actually -could- love me without agenda or limitation. God's love is infinite. He even loves me.

You don't find "god", you gain understanding in the higher order. It will allow you to see things from a different point of view, I call it "depersonalization".

Also there is a difference in consciousness, the divine order and entities like Enlil / JHWE.

where the west was all but won.

Also side effects are the removal of fear.

But I'm fine with myself, I know that my basic personality is rather lovable to other people.
I'm just pretty sure I don't have the faith part of my brain functioning.
When people tell me to have faith it's like telling me that 2+2= and deliberately leaving out the solution, because that part takes faith.

accept my god, hes the best

>I want to find God, but I don't know how.

Mushrooms. I still don't believe in God, but I feel like I do. It's a weird epistemic state to be in.

So on the real, why is must it be a god? There may be a being(or set of, or multitudes) with far different (or greater if youd rather think of that it that) abilities than us. But why does that make it a god aside from the meaning our species has assigned to the word.

>tl;dr: not a god just a different being
>also, who the fuck cares.
>your floating on a rock in the middle of nowhere, alive for an inconsequential amount of time
>if a god exists, would the stars or sun remember you?
> would your ~100 years (at the most) even be recognizeable?
>find a reason to live, love it, do what you can and be who you want to be

Fucks the fuss

d

> I know that my basic personality is rather lovable to other people...

But is it lovable to you?

As for faith, you have faith in a lot of things, you don't even think about. You have faith that you're gonna wake up tomorrow. You have faith that elevators will work as designed. That drivers will stop at red lights.

You have this faith because of your experiences. I -experienced- God. You can too. Seek him out, and you will.

"Knock, and the door will open to you, seek and you will find..."