Can any user help me I'm trying to get off lorazepam but I keep hitting withdrawal in the worst way?

Can any user help me I'm trying to get off lorazepam but I keep hitting withdrawal in the worst way?

taper off it

I'm trying, but then I feel like I'm going to have a seizure and take some to make it go away.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion user.

I'm more of a stimhead myself but I use 5-HTP to help with my comedowns. Its actually really great, helps you sleep and eat and even used sparingly will make you level out enough of your feel good chemicals to allow you to cope while the rest of your brain and body catch up. Take it with green tea extract though, otherwise it can damage your heart valves.

I used to be a huge stim fan in HS but I over tweaked and now caffeine even fucks me up. All I want to do do is get off Valium, I hardly take any, but if I don't, I feel like I'm going to die.

Well shit man 5-HTP is worth a shot, and its over the counter. I never fucked with benzos because I was scared of getting hooked, that's no joke. Hope you manage to kick it dude.

Thanks. Stay away from them if you can, they don't even do anything until you stop taking them. Worst drug ever.

I just white-knuckled that shit for about a week. Felt like the flu, but it was worth it in the end.

any tips?

>be me
>sad donkey
>gets lexapro
>almost killed self at work because meds fucked my concentration up
>quit cold turkey
>felt like brain was getting zapped with 110VAC
>vowed never again
>lesson learned
>better sad than dead

Nope. Just cold turkey. Taking another one to “help” only prolongs the addiction.

Heh. I remember those zaps. Effexor is a beast to get off of.

Well they do do something, they make you chemically unable to feel anxious. The only times I ever use them are for when I'm too tweaked out on stims or psychedelics and NEED to chill. Like need need, last resort shit. Otherwise I just don't like them. I don't like downers in general, drinking and opiates just don't do it for me. I do love weed though.

Well fuck I knew it. It doesn't even do anything for me "euphoric", it just makes me feel like I'm going to die if I don't take one. Heed these words friends. Don't play with benzodiazepines.

In case this is serious, DON'T quirt cold turkey. With benzodiazepines you gotta taper the dose down until you stop taking them; quitting cold turkey can result in a plethora of unwanted (and unnecessary) symptoms. My advice would be to go to a doctor or ER and tell them tou wanna quit (they can't arrest you or anything, and no info you give to the doc can be shared with authorities or anyone). In case ou can't do that, get your hands on some longer acting benzos, like clonazepam, and take those to taper instead. Lorazepam has a shorter half life than clonazepam, so it's effects will be more "drug-like" in terms of craving. Good luck user

Thanks user.

This tbh. You just have to suffer and take the pain. Most people can't though, and that's why they stay addicted to drugs.
Just fucking take the pain.

I'm not worried about "taking the pain", but the last time I withdrew from alcohol, I had a seizure, and bit through half my tongue. It cost $10k in medical bills. That's what I am scared of.

Guy from the really long reply above here again. I repeat, DON'T quit cold turkey please, it's really dangerous. Benzodiazepines control your breathing and coordination centers in the cerebellum. (Med student btw, so ama about drugs or whatever in the meantime)

go get a dwi or something and stay in jail and sleep it off until youre good

Anyways, thanks for the advice kind anons. I love you.

I can take pain like a beast, I'm not worried about that. Grand mal seizure? Not so much. I hate them.